Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Ohioans ever hear the term "carry-in"?
(09-08-2015, 11:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Maybe you have to be a hundred.

The last carry-in organizer was 26, so that can't be it. Good effort, though.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 08:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yes, I've heard it a million times at work over the decades.  Anytime there's a special occasion (someone retiring, returning from leave, etc.) they send out an email to have a - I swear this is true - carry-in.  Can't believe no one else has heard of it.  Everybody brings on something.  Usually I buy donutes so nothing has to be cooked.

I've heard carry-in my whole life and it's the term I use.  It's the same as potluck.  A carry-in dinner.  I think it's a church term more than anything.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Yeah I've never heard that either. We always call it pot luck, as in you'll be lucky if you dont get food poisoning.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 09:43 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Yeah I've never heard that either. We always call it pot luck, as in you'll be lucky if you dont get food poisoning.

We have carry-ins all the time...I work in an office environment...Everyone brings in a dish and such...Pot Luck is the other term.

KY should be toothbrush...It had to be invented and named there.... in any other state it would be a TEETHbrush!!
Reply/Quote
Better question is who's heard of "in calls" and "outcalls" Wink
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 02:37 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Better question is who's heard of "in calls" and "outcalls" Wink

Tennis players?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I have heard them referred to as a "pitch in."
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 07:11 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I've heard carry-in my whole life and it's the term I use.  It's the same as potluck.  A carry-in dinner.  I think it's a church term more than anything.

(09-09-2015, 12:59 PM)spazz70 Wrote: We have carry-ins all the time...I work in an office environment...Everyone brings in a dish and such...Pot Luck is the other term.

KY should be toothbrush...It had to be invented and named there.... in any other state it would be a TEETHbrush!!

[Image: 55149924.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 12:59 PM)spazz70 Wrote: We have carry-ins all the time...I work in an office environment...Everyone brings in a dish and such...Pot Luck is the other term.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha..........wait a minute.......**** you! :angry:

Mooning Cheers LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote