Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Reds Interest You In Fantasy Baseball Leagues
Myself, I wouldn't knock myself out trying to get any of them. I had some luck adding Duvall last year early on. I wouldn't mind Hamilton to have a good base stealer on my team. How much they are on my bench depends....That third baseman isn't bad....Votto at 1st not bad.....Mesoraco as a bench catcher may pay off huge if he gets healthy. Very few good points catchers, so gambling on a past All Star for bench not a bad gamble...Duvall, Suarez and Hamilton are guys I could see picking, but not in the top rounds. I wouldn't go top round for Votto, so as I'm getting pitching or somebody putting up monster numbers, Votto would be picked by somebody. I would still end up with a top first baseman, so no worry. If Mesoraco slips to late rounds, no gamble on grabbing him and it just might pay-off big. The guy playing for Phillips now will get playing time, so maybe a decent mid to late round pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I would grab Votto in one of the early rounds if available. Maybe Duvall for LF and Hamilton for CF on the bench. Otherwise, probably no other players. Mez might be injured again. As for pitching, may not pick any of them except Iglesias.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I t looks like Peraza is going to be the starting second baseman. I might take him really late and see if he can maintain an average close to last year. He may just steal a few bases, too. To be fair, though, I'm a sucker for middle infielders that can hit for high avg.
Reply/Quote
Never played FB and don't really have the desire. I'm too much of a dyed in the wool Reds fan even more so than football. I just cannot root for other teams or players.
I remember as a kid hoping and praying that the Dodgers plane would crash and burn, then it was the Pirates and even later the Cardinals..
Strange how a kids brain works, eh?
YEY MY LAST PLACE team is in first place all because all the other teams are dead! 
Kind of anticlimatic isn't it? It never once occurred to me that major league baseball might cancel the season if all but one team was killed in plane crashes all at the same time. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was able to get Duvall , devin is stiil there ,as well as Barnhardt. Looking around to see who/what I can get.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 12:28 PM)junglefever67 Wrote: I was able to get Duvall , devin is stiil there ,as well as Barnhardt. Looking around to see who/what I can get.

You know for a catcher on your bench, on your bench, if Mesoraco is healthy that is a steal....Last year All-Star Molina was just out there to be picked up as a bench catcher. He had a decent season...You have to play poker and gamble a little and since catching is not a strong area, if you get your starter, take a risk on your bench catcher.  A past All-Star is worth the gamble. Really, how many great catchers are there in baseball. not many. .....I would take Mesoraco late draft. If he is still injured, I can always grab a free agent catcher starting for some team. That is no problem.

As for only rooting for the Reds, I don't even know if I get them on TV. I know I didn't last year because I was just on rabbit ear antenna TV all 2016. I now have some Direct TV. Not sure if Reds are one of my channels. I use to have Fox Ohio and I never watched them. They are pretty boring, play sloppy baseball to where I've seen high school teams lay down bunts and throw to right base better than Reds. Plus announcers are dull except for the guy that does the post game show. Nobody more boring than The Cowboy talking about what he is going to eat. That is TV at it's worst. ....So I found Fantasy Baseball more enjoyable than hearing what the Cowboy is going to eat, or sending out their best regards to somebody in Zanesville Ohio. If I'm watching that all summer, just bury me, I'm already dead.

If healthy this season, and you have to say if healthy for every player in MLB.....if healthy, Duvall should lead Reds in homers with 30 or maybe even 40. The man can hit homers and Great American Small Park also. So I had Duvall last season with no regrets. Suarez is OK for a third base if you can't draft one of the top elites. Hamilton could give you 40 or 50 stolen bases and hopefully some runs scored points. In Fantasy, those home run points of Duvall plus points for the hit and RBIs to go with them come in handy. I myself would not draft Votto in round one or two of a draft. If I could pick first I would take Cubs pitching and in round 2 somebody who really racks up the points but maybe not a first baseman. Having someone who dominates at second or third base is nice. Arenado, Donaldson, Altuve, Bryant, Dozier, Villar, Cano. Getting into round 3 and on, there will be first basemen. I found Napoli good. I'm going to try to draft best available points players, but I just think I can get a first baseman to put up numbers after first couple rounds. I do want pitching. Pitching is huge in Fantasy Baseball and just a ton of points each week if you have great pitching. Duvall maybe somebody I can grab in round 4 or 5 and that is a steal. Just an out and out steal for his 30 to 40 homers. Billy Hamilton may be around as late as round 10. I would not mind his stolen bases this part of draft. One year he may just break out and have around 200 hits more or less and 50 to 100 steals. After that, you won't be able to add him or draft him. ...Catching, Possy and even him I wouldn't take until round 6. Catchers don't give you many points. Probably no higher than round 10 for me. There are no Johnny Bench's......The league I was in you pick a teams pitching staff. To get Cubs or Nationals, Dodgers, Indians or Giants would start my team off just fine. Cubs have pitching plus Madden as manager. They would be my first choice if I drafted top pick or if they fell to me after top pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote