Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Takers?
In a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
From what I understand, Patterson has had trouble with the entire "route tree" and makes a lot of mistakes. He is an elite return man, though, and a physical freak.

I don't know if I would give up on a guy like Hunt for him, but I might consider someone like Brandon Thompson since the Bengals have other options there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok Ok I may be coming around after thinking on this more. If we were to bring this guy in for return game only i wouldn't be upset. I still think Little is a better receiver, but if it means saying goodbye to tate than I would trade tate, hunt, and thompson for this guy lmao.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 02:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah but good things happen when the dude touches the football. Either way, he could fill the role that Tate does while bringing more to the table. You can always get a WR to run better routes. In the meantime, he'd be a definite upgrade as a returner.

In 2 years he has long catches of 67 and 79 yards, four TD runs of at least 33 yards and a pair of KR TD's. He may do some frustrating things, but the ability is there. You want an upgrade for Tate? I'd say he qualifies.

If you posed the question as "Would you trade X for a better version of Tate (A WR who is 0 help on offense but does returns)?" How many people would say yes? 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 10:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From what I understand, Patterson has had trouble with the entire "route tree" and makes a lot of mistakes.  He is an elite return man, though, and a physical freak.  

I don't know if I would give up on a guy like Hunt for him, but I might consider someone like Brandon Thompson since the Bengals have other options there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

I would trade them Thompson and Tate for Patterson

But I agree with others his route running has to be fixed and bad routes = pick 6's in a hurry
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:20 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: We haven't seen Alford really get a chance yet. The team was deadset on giving Tate every freaking return for no reason.

Why does Tate keep making this team????????????????????????????????????? Why didn't Alford get the same amount of chances?
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:11 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you posed the question as "Would you trade X for a better version of Tate (A WR who is 0 help on offense but does returns)?" How many people would say yes? 

My concern is this.  I think we only take 5 receivers which I have being AJ Green, Jones, Sanu, Alford, and Little.  I would have liked to see more out of alford in the return game, but to be fair most of the preseason they just kicked it out on him.  I think that having Little on this team has meriet with the progress he has made from last year.  It shows me the guy can develop further and probably wasn't coached well in Cleveland. 

So for me the question is do I risk our return game on Gio and Alford for the season.  Yes I would.  The positives of keeping guys like Williams and Hardison out weight my concerns of the unknown.  I just can't see Gio and Alford being worse than tate.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:15 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: Why does Tate keep making this team????????????????????????????????????? Why didn't Alford get the same amount of chances?

I suspect that they're sold on Alford and wanted to give tate the chance to make another team.  It also limited chances of injury.  After week 2 there were reports coming out that alford was a lock to make this team.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:15 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: Why does Tate keep making this team????????????????????????????????????? Why didn't Alford get the same amount of chances?

you gotta do it in practice well if you want a shot in the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:22 AM)Okeana Wrote: My concern is this.  I think we only take 5 receivers which I have being AJ Green, Jones, Sanu, Alford, and Little.  I would have liked to see more out of alford in the return game, but to be fair most of the preseason they just kicked it out on him.  I think that having Little on this team has meriet with the progress he has made from last year.  It shows me the guy can develop further and probably wasn't coached well in Cleveland. 

So for me the question is do I risk our return game on Gio and Alford for the season.  Yes I would.  The positives of keeping guys like Williams and Hardison out weight my concerns of the unknown.  I just can't see Gio and Alford being worse than tate.

Tate has good returns and very few mistakes back there which is why he keeps making the team... And he has helped the offense just doesnt get a ton of snaps there. as hes not one of the top 3 guys @ WR then theirs TEs and RBs too.

Tate can do both KR and PRs.. Alford kept bring balls out of the endzone and failing to make it to the 20. and was having problems fielding punts in practice according to reports.

I think Alford makes the team just because guys with that speed usually dont clear waivers. but we had guys just about as fast get cut the last few years from our squad. and while they where UDFA's a 7th round pick isnt far off.
Reply/Quote
Why would Minny do that when they could get Darnell Docket without giving up anything?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/04/49ers-release-darnell-dockett/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would Minny do that when they could get Darnell Docket without giving up anything?

My guess if Docket is healthy, he will demand a lot of money so hardly nothing (I know no players/picks lost)

But the million dollar question is why would a team with a weak roster cut Docket? I call that a huge red flag as he is coming off major injury and he is getting up in age.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would Minny do that when they could get Darnell Docket without giving up anything?

money investment and potential upside.  

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My guess if Docket is healthy, he will demand a lot of money so hardly nothing (I know no players/picks lost)

But the million dollar question is why would a team with a weak roster cut Docket? I call that a huge red flag as he is coming off major injury and he is getting up in age.

does he have another suspension coming?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 01:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My guess if Docket is healthy, he will demand a lot of money so hardly nothing (I know no players/picks lost)

Maybe he didn't fit SF's 3-4 D.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: Margus Hunt for Cordarelle Patterson:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/3/9256385/bengals-trade-idea-margus-hunt-vikings-cordarrelle-patterson?ref=yfp

Done not even reading post, Tate could have a seat!! perhaps!!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 03:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe he didn't fit SF's 3-4 D.

Maybe

Or maybe he is done

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:22 AM)Okeana Wrote: My concern is this.  I think we only take 5 receivers which I have being AJ Green, Jones, Sanu, Alford, and Little.  I would have liked to see more out of alford in the return game, but to be fair most of the preseason they just kicked it out on him.  I think that having Little on this team has meriet with the progress he has made from last year.  It shows me the guy can develop further and probably wasn't coached well in Cleveland. 

I hate to say this but... Tate has shown a lot more than Alford.
Reply/Quote

I think Little had the words "last chance" ringing in his ears and played accordingly.  He can be a very good YAC guy.  He's got good size and speed and physicality.  We can have some big dudes out there catching the ball and a little dude who can run like the wind.

As to Tate.  There is no room on this roster for a backup return man, plain and simple.  He caught a few passes last night but he managed what, 17 catches last year when we were decimated at the position.  End this silly marriage.  Thank you, Brandon, for your years of service and best of luck on your new team.  Either we're chasing a SB or we're not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:13 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Patterson is in "will he ever get it" status. 

So is Margus Hunt.
Reply/Quote