Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Word on the 50th Anniversary Plans?
(04-20-2017, 06:54 PM)Trademark Wrote: Looks nice

looks meaningless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 04:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why are they SO against the ring of honor/team hall of fame thing? I just dont understand it. 

Mikey made the statement that "nobody would remember those old guys anyway" 

Then he refuses to sell the stadium naming rights to name it Paul Brown Stadium.

Things that make you say hmmmmmm
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 04:40 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why are they SO against the ring of honor/team hall of fame thing? I just dont understand it. 

Like Mike said, us fans don't even know who the hell those guys are, anyway.  It must be true.

What a typical, half-assed, who-gives-a-**** effort by our idiot owner and his inbred front office.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 06:54 PM)Trademark Wrote: [Image: IMG_7007.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7008.jpg]

Looks nice

Looks ridiculous. They couldn't have half-asses it more if they tried
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 08:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Looks ridiculous. They couldn't have half-asses it more if they tried

Looking good  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 08:19 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Looks ridiculous. They couldn't have half-asses it more if they tried

I believe it is safe to say one of The Family has a child working on a graphic arts degree.  Mellow

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I'm surprised Mikey didn't just make everyone use the number 50 as their number so he wouldn't have to pay for those patches.
Reply/Quote
So the big 50th anniversary plans are...

1. Letting fans vote for 50 top players on the team site. Costs the Bengals nothing and is about as fun as watching paint dry and grass grow at the same time.
2. Finally paying some attention to former greats, which is a baby step in the right direction. Hopefully these players don't have to pay for their own flights.
3. Some amateur looking oversized uniform patch.
4. Picking a small handful of season ticket holders to be on the field for ceremonies. The only fans they pretend to care about...simply because they offer the most money.
5. Mike Brown suggesting that "someday" someone "may" feel differently than him about a player HOF. I guess he's about as "keen" on that as he is a practice facility.

...and that's pretty much it. This is sooo Mike Brown. No thought, money or effort put in, but that won't stop someone from defending crap. I'm surprised no one has jumped in the thread yet to tell us all how grateful we should be.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So the big 50th anniversary plans are...

1. Letting fans vote for 50 top players on the team site. Costs the Bengals nothing and is about as fun as watching paint dry and grass grow at the same time.
2. Finally paying some attention to former greats, which is a baby step in the right direction. Hopefully these players don't have to pay for their own flights.
3. Some amateur looking oversized uniform patch.
4. Picking a small handful of season ticket holders to be on the field for ceremonies. The only fans they pretend to care about...simply because they offer the most money.
5. Mike Brown suggesting that "someday" someone "may" feel differently than him about a player HOF. I guess he's about as "keen" on that as he is a practice facility.

...and that's pretty much it. This is sooo Mike Brown. No thought, money or effort put in, but that won't stop someone from defending crap. I'm surprised no one has jumped in the thread yet to tell us all how grateful we should be.

1. Shame on them for getting the fans that some on here feel like they don't care about involved in the vote. They should choose on their own so you can complain about their choices.

2. Yeah, I can't believe they are doing exactly what fans have been clamoring for. Disgusting.

3. The type of thing every team does.

4. Getting fans involved again? Why????

5. You should be grateful.

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 07:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mikey made the statement that "nobody would remember those old guys anyway" 

Then he refuses to sell the stadium naming rights to name it Paul Brown Stadium.

Things that make you say hmmmmmm

He could've went with Mike Brown Stadium.

All fans in attendance will receive a 1997 Chevy Lumina if Andy Dalton throws his 50th TD of the season at home.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:38 PM)jason Wrote: He could've went with Mike Brown Stadium.

All fans in attendance will receive an open Matchbox knockoff of a 1997 Chevy Lumina if Andy Dalton throws his 50th TD of the season at home.

FIFY :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: 1. Shame on them for getting the fans that some on here feel like they don't care about involved in the vote. They should choose on their own so you can complain about their choices.

2. Yeah, I can't believe they are doing exactly what fans have been clamoring for. Disgusting.

Uuummmm......'cause they pay the bills? WTF

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 08:50 PM)Burma Wrote: I believe it is safe to say one of The Family has a child working on a graphic arts degree.  Mellow

[Image: 6c1227a336ff22aaee9d07546d1e9476.jpg][Image: Falcons-patch.jpg][Image: Jacksonville-Jaguars-20th-Anniversary-Pa...-91015.jpg]

Apparently that child must be doing the patches for all the teams in the NFL since they all basically look the same. Seriously, at this point nothing they did would have made people happy. If the guy doesn't want to do a ring of honor who freaking cares. He is right, I as a fan don't give a crap about those "old guys". The teams weren't really all that good and I think reliving "glory days" that weren't all that great is kind of pointless. Often times teams do those days as publicity stunts to draw crowds, which according to many here would be a Mike Brown thing to do.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: 1. Shame on them for getting the fans that some on here feel like they don't care about involved in the vote. They should choose on their own so you can complain about their choices.

Well at least you didn't waste too much time.   Smirk

1. Praise that man Mike Brown for having Geoff post a poll that we can all click on. Bengals fever! Catch it!

2. I didn't say anything bad about that, but ok.

3. Only ours looks like it was slapped together in 5 minutes.

4. You're right. Lets throw a parade for Mike Brown to show our appreciation. Except the parade will only include a small portion of season ticket holders.

5. Oh I really am grateful. To you. For showing me how great Mike truly is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well at least you didn't waste too much time.   Smirk

1. Praise that man Mike Brown for having Geoff post a poll that we can all click on. Bengals fever! Catch it!

2. I didn't say anything bad about that, but ok.

3. Only ours looks like it was slapped together in 5 minutes.

4. You're right. Lets throw a parade for Mike Brown to show our appreciation. Except the parade will only include a small portion of season ticket holders.

5. Oh I really am grateful. To you. For showing me how great Mike truly is.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article49802410.html

The dolphins basically did the same things to celebrate their 50 years, I am curious what they aren't doing that you want them to do?
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: [Image: 6c1227a336ff22aaee9d07546d1e9476.jpg][Image: Falcons-patch.jpg][Image: Jacksonville-Jaguars-20th-Anniversary-Pa...-91015.jpg]

Apparently that child must be doing the patches for all the teams in the NFL since they all basically look the same. Seriously, at this point nothing they did would have made people happy. If the guy doesn't want to do a ring of honor who freaking cares. He is right, I as a fan don't give a crap about those "old guys". The teams weren't really all that good and I think reliving "glory days" that weren't all that great is kind of pointless. Often times teams do those days as publicity stunts to draw crowds, which according to many here would be a Mike Brown thing to do.

Actually, I think that Dolphins one is fantastic. The Jaguars is "ok". The Falcons one is corny looking though, I must admit.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Actually, I think that Dolphins one is fantastic. The Jaguars is "ok". The Falcons one is corny looking though, I must admit.

They are no more creative or special than the Bengals. Seriously I can mock up each of those logos in 20 minutes in photo shop just like the Bengals one. To be fair to everyone, the NFL controls everything on a uniform so commemorative or not they aren't going to let them be crazy.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article49802410.html

The dolphins basically did the same things to celebrate their 50 years, I am curious what they aren't doing that you want them to do?

The Dolphins wore retro uniforms, had a fireworks and laser light show before the game, and painted their original logo on the field.

Not to mention they already have a team HOF. Finally relenting and doing something similar would've been a nice step.

Wearing retro uniforms (for the first time since 1994) would've been nice as well.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Dolphins wore retro uniforms, had a fireworks and laser light show before the game, and painted their original logo on the field.

Not to mention they already have a team HOF. Finally relenting and doing something similar would've been a nice step.

Wearing retro uniforms (for the first time since 1994) would've been nice as well.

We are painting our commemorative logo on the field, If a laser light show is the missing piece then I guess that at least is something for you to complain about. How do you feel about the Dolphins picking the top 50 then promoting them at halftime? sure seems a lot like what the Bengals are doing.

The hall of fame thing once again means nothing. We have not been successful, the Dolphins have they have something to enshrine. People claim Mike doesn't care about winning, yet he doesn't want to recognize mediocrity with a ring of honor that honors just that. If he did a ring of honor people would say it's a publicity stunt honoring mediocrity to sell tickets.

In the end it's all minor preferences that people get bent out of shape over. What it really is, is an opportunity to take pop shots. No matter what they did they would claim it was wrong. In the end there are plenty of real reasons to be mad at Mike Brown this really just isn't one.
Reply/Quote
Who cares? Let's just win a playoff game and I'll be grateful
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote