Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance at a 4:25 kickoff next week?
Don’t know how it works but any chance a flex to a 4:25 kickoff next Sunday? Would be nice to get to CBS crew with national audience for the game. Guessing it won’t happen. Don’t think they start flexing games until late in the year.
Reply/Quote
[Image: put-that-evil-on-me.gif]

I'm perfectly content with 1pm kickoffs. I get to make a big lunch with game time snacks, the game wraps up and I still have the rest of the day and evening afterwards. 4:25 is just annoying where it's too early for dinner, too late for lunch, you don't have a ton of time before it, you don't have a ton of time after it. Your day kind of has to revolve around a 4:25 kickoff.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: put-that-evil-on-me.gif]

I'm perfectly content with 1pm kickoffs. I get to make a big lunch with game time snacks, the game wraps up and I still have the rest of the day and evening afterwards. 4:25 is just annoying where it's too early for dinner, too late for lunch, you don't have a ton of time before it, you don't have a ton of time after it. Your day kind of has to revolve around a 4:25 kickoff.

Yep. I'd like to see the Chargers V Bengals game flexed to Sunday night though. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I can make a Sunday night game work. I've figured out a trend for this year. I have to eat Cincinnati food prior to the game or during the game. I've eaten Skyline or LaRosas (both bought at Kroger and fixed at home) for every win this year. During the Chicago game, I made wings (Buffalo) and against the Packers I was at my father's in Florida. (Both losses) Yep, I have a new tradition/superstition. Cincinnati food is mandatory.
Reply/Quote
Nope it will stay at 1pm
Reply/Quote
right now CBS's late games are Chicago at Tampa and Houston at Arizona. Who will be more attractive to them Tom Brady or Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 11:43 PM)pally Wrote: right now CBS's late games are Chicago at Tampa and Houston at Arizona. Who will be more attractive to them Tom Brady or Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow

Tom Brady. Plus it’s vs Chicago. So Tom Brady vs big market.
Reply/Quote
They may very well switch this to Sunday night and move the Colts (2-4) and 9ers (2-3) to 4:25.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:22 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: They may very well switch this to Sunday night and move the Colts (2-4) and 9ers (2-3) to 4:25.

the night game is doubtful.  Baltimore is already maxed out on allowed scheduled games and so can have only 1 more game flexed.  I can't see any network wasting it on a week 7 game.   Not with the Rams still on their week 16 schedule 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:22 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: They may very well switch this to Sunday night and move the Colts (2-4) and 9ers (2-3) to 4:25.

Too late to do that. Had to do that earlier this past week.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:25 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Too late to do that. Had to do that earlier this past week.

Unfortunately it would be the only to see it down here in SW Florida
Reply/Quote
I have to be honest and say I prefer the 1pm games but only because being over here in Scotland I am 5hrs ahead so I can get my dinner and settle down for the 6pm kickoff.
A 4.25 Kickoff also isn't to bad but when I comes to the night games its a nightmare for me as its a 1am kickoff and I'm not getting to my bed until well after 4am
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:14 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I have to be honest and say I prefer the 1pm games but only because being over here in Scotland I am 5hrs ahead so I can get my dinner and settle down for the 6pm kickoff.
A 4.25 Kickoff also isn't to bad but when I comes to the night games its a nightmare for me as its a 1am kickoff and I'm not getting to my bed until well after 4am

So you get primetime Bengals every week
Reply/Quote

Speak for yourself on that one.  I wake up around 7 am on Sundays (that is "sleeping in" for folks that are up at 5 or before on work days), so a 4:25 kickoff would quite literally mean that I have all day to do whatever productive stuff that I want to get done, before settling in for the game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Speak for yourself on that one.  I wake up around 7 am on Sundays (that is "sleeping in" for folks that are up at 5 or before on work days), so a 4:25 kickoff would quite literally mean that I have all day to do whatever productive stuff that I want to get done, before settling in for the game.

up at 5am? That sounds like hell! I dont go to bed till 230am!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: up at 5am? That sounds like hell! I dont go to bed till 230am!

I went through a phase like that, when I was young.  Then, I realized that most of the jobs that pay real money are day jobs..

Seriously, it's not that bad, once you get used to it.  Then, on your days off, your body clock is still set on early, and you can get a world of stuff done by lunch, and have the rest of the day to just enjoy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2021, 10:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm perfectly content with 1pm kickoffs. I get to make a big lunch with game time snacks, the game wraps up and I still have the rest of the day and evening afterwards. 4:25 is just annoying where it's too early for dinner, too late for lunch, you don't have a ton of time before it, you don't have a ton of time after it. Your day kind of has to revolve around a 4:25 kickoff.

(10-18-2021, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Speak for yourself on that one.  I wake up around 7 am on Sundays (that is "sleeping in" for folks that are up at 5 or before on work days), so a 4:25 kickoff would quite literally mean that I have all day to do whatever productive stuff that I want to get done, before settling in for the game.

Interesting perspectives, and I can see both sides.  Still, I envy my family in Denver.  Early games start there at 11:00, so come halftime it's time for lunch.  The late afternoon games start at 2:00, and night games begin at a respectable 6:20, so the game is over before you fall asleep or have to go to bed for work the next day.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 07:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Interesting perspectives, and I can see both sides.  Still, I envy my family in Denver.  Early games start there at 11:00, so come halftime it's time for lunch.  The late afternoon games start at 2:00, and night games begin at a respectable 6:20, so the game is over before you fall asleep or have to go to bed for work the next day.  

Hawaii was the best. Early games at 7:00, late games 11:00. 

The only issue was The Monday Night game was not live; it was usually over before it was aired. So you couldn't listen to sports talk or internet if you didn't want to know who won before you watched
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Like the 1:00 or night games.

not a huge fan of the 4:00 slot per my schedule

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Nailed it!

(10-17-2021, 10:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can make a Sunday night game work. I've figured out a trend for this year. I have to eat Cincinnati food prior to the game or during the game. I've eaten Skyline or LaRosas (both bought at Kroger and fixed at home) for every win this year. During the Chicago game, I made wings (Buffalo) and against the Packers I was at my father's in Florida. (Both losses) Yep, I have a new tradition/superstition. Cincinnati food is mandatory.

Hmm, maybe I need to pick up some Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce from Kroger this week.  I was considering smoking some wings before the game, so that might help us out if I use a sauce from the Nati!

(10-18-2021, 04:14 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I have to be honest and say I prefer the 1pm games but only because being over here in Scotland I am 5hrs ahead so I can get my dinner and settle down for the 6pm kickoff.

Good to know that!  I'll be in the UK, including Scotland, for the bye week and Raider game, so now I know how to make that game happen.  Thanks for the tip!

(10-18-2021, 07:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Interesting perspectives, and I can see both sides.  Still, I envy my family in Denver.  Early games start there at 11:00, so come halftime it's time for lunch.  The late afternoon games start at 2:00, and night games begin at a respectable 6:20, so the game is over before you fall asleep or have to go to bed for work the next day.  

I use to think those on the West Coast had it bad as far as football was concerned.  Then we went to visit family in CA for Thanksgiving and I was able to come back from breakfast and watch the Bengals / Steelers game at 10AM, Raiders game at 1PM, and SNF at 5:30.  It was freaking awesome!
Reply/Quote