Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any chance we win more than 6 games?
With the state of the Oline I am wondering if the Bengals will win more than 6 games this year. This will definitely affect the running and passing game. The other teams in the division have improved and we needed to improve too. Injuries seem to hurt us lately and I guess it is part of the game. I just hope the new coaching staff doesn't put all the eggs in the same basket.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I see 7 possible wins on the schedule:

SF
Arizona
Buffalo
Baltimore (split)
Oakland
NYJ
Miami

Anymore than that I’ll be shocked.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I think we’re worried way to much over losing JW for the season. It hurts, but the team has time to prepare and adjust. I wouldn’t panic yet. There will be a plan b. I say we at least go 8-8.

Reply/Quote
I don’t think it’s out of the question. We play enough iffy teams that I wouldn’t completely rule out a run at .500
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 07:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we’re worried way to much over losing JW for the season. It hurts, but the team has time to prepare and adjust. I wouldn’t panic yet. There will be a plan b. I say we at least go 8-8.

The team may also lose Boling too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 06:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: With the state of the Oline I am wondering if the Bengals will win more than 6 games this year. This will definitely affect the running and passing game. The other teams in the division have improved and we needed to improve too. Injuries seem to hurt us lately and I guess it is part of the game. I just hope the new coaching staff doesn't put all the eggs in the same basket.

There are TWP chances that we win 6 games or more ...

Slim and none ... and Slim has left town already.
Reply/Quote
I can see us winning 8 or more games if absolutely everything else goes right. Not holding my breath, but we aren't automatically done just yet.

It's very possible we see a starter lose time during the season and/or some of our coaches are in over their heads in year one. It could get gruesome, though.
Reply/Quote
Nope we are DOOMED!! Lol
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 06:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see 7 possible wins on the schedule:

SF
Arizona
Buffalo
Baltimore (split)
Oakland
NYJ
Miami

Anymore than that I’ll be shocked.

All but Balt, teams .500 and under. :giggle:
Reply/Quote
Mixon ran behind a line last year that was not as good as the line we are going to have this year, even without JW, and was the AFC rushing leader. Our RG options this year are vastly better than we had last year. AFC Championship game.....
Reply/Quote
I find it hard to predict this team, if not impossible right now. The defense, minus the Austin scheme, should be improved and that could help in close games or make games closer.

The new offensive scheme could surprise teams early and possibly get us a win or two. But once defenses figure it out and we have an injury or two here and there, how will this inexperienced coaching staff adjust? Is it even capable of adjusting?

The team's weaknesses are still the same, OL and LB. A flunk on the front office.

Player health was an issue last season and the new training and conditioning staff hasn't started off better this year than the old one did last year.

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 10:52 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I find it hard to predict this team, if not impossible right now. The defense, minus the Austin scheme, should be improved and that could help in close games or make games closer.

The new offensive scheme could surprise teams early and possibly get us a win or two. But once defenses figure it out and we have an injury or two here and there, how will this inexperienced coaching staff adjust? Is it even capable of adjusting?

The team's weaknesses are still the same, OL and LB. A flunk on the front office.

Player health was an issue last season and the new training and conditioning staff hasn't started off better this year than the old one did last year.

It all comes down to what the defense does. Mixon, Bernard, AJ, Boyd, Eifert.... the Offense will produce barring injury to Dalton. 
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It all comes down to what the defense does. Mixon, Bernard, AJ, Boyd, Eifert.... the Offense will produce barring injury to Dalton. 

And injury to Eifert...

Reply/Quote
this team was 4 and 1 on the verge of 5 and 1 before
Austin wet the bed vs the Steelers.
then injuries hit.
yeah 4 and 1 before Williams was a thought.
i know there will be 53 guys buying in that its a playoff team this year
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And injury to Eifert...

If ZT is actually devising a system that depends on the health if Eifert.....
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 11:25 AM)impactplaya Wrote: this team was 4 and 1 on the verge of 5 and 1 before
Austin wet the bed vs the Steelers.
then injuries hit.
yeah 4 and 1 before Williams was a thought.
i know there will be 53 guys buying in that its a playoff team this year

If we were good pre injuries last year, why are we so glad Marvin is gone?
Reply/Quote
because Marvin no longer enjoyed coaching.
Marvin failed to evolve as a coach.
when your winning....well lets say winning can cover those
things I just mentioned.
but when you start losing....it magnifies those things
100x.
Marvin enjoyed coaching last year as much as a Eskimo living in Daytona Beach.
Reply/Quote
I guess his question depends on if Bobby Hart is our starting RT. If he is then I don't see us winning 6 games.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2019, 01:06 PM)impactplaya Wrote: because Marvin no longer enjoyed coaching.
Marvin failed to evolve as a coach.
when your winning....well lets say winning can cover those
things I just mentioned.
but when you start losing....it magnifies those things
100x.
Marvin enjoyed coaching last year as much as a Eskimo living in Daytona Beach.

Who would enjoy a season of Jeff Driskel throwing to Auden Tate?  The fans sure didn't. 
Reply/Quote
Way to early to take a stab at our win lose ratio at this point.But right now obviously,it doesn’t look good.I think fans are becoming very frustrated with this team.IF-and that’s a big if,everything goes right,believe it or not,we could even be a playoff contender.Say for instance,Green,Boyd,Eifert,Mixon,Dalton,stay healthy,and play in every game this year.And then imagine the offensive line being at least average,with a solid defense,then yes,no reason this team shouldn’t be a playoff contender.With that said,,,,10-6.Am I overly optimistic??? MAYBE
Reply/Quote