Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any complaints this week about Fat Randy?
Bullock made all his kicks....including a 49 yarder...and looked strong doing it. Gonzalez....who many thought we should have drafted....missed a gimme. Not to mention the fact that Elliott is out.
Reply/Quote
Nope had a doughnut on him today even.

Hope he stays solid because really do not want to have to use another draft pick on a kicker.

Way bigger needs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Today, he shall be known as Phat Randy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I've never had a problem with him. They put a competition out there and he won it. They had to keep him.

He's been a vast upgrade to Nugent.
Reply/Quote
Randy reminds me of Jimmy Breech..........short 'stocky' kickers
Reply/Quote
Bullock as a Bengal:

16-19 on FG's (84.2%)
27-29 on XP's (93.1%)

As long as he's doing well, that's all I care about.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bullock as a Bengal:

16-19 on FG's (84.2%)
27-29 on XP's (93.1%)

Yeah those are good numbers. All kickers miss here and there.

When you have a bad kicker you know it.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah those are good numbers. All kickers miss here and there.

When you have a bad kicker you know it.

Exactly. It's almost like long snapper. As long as you have a good one, you're fine. If you have a bad one, you're boned.

They also inexplicably fall off out of the blue like long snappers. There is no warning, they just lose the strike zone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I need a custom made fat randy jersey.
Reply/Quote
I was pleased with Phat Randy's performance. Guys deserves his props for doing a great job.

Reply/Quote
I have no complaints, this week. Definitely not a Nugent miss 5 in a row in 2 games span but somehow still have your job.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Y'all raise up off the Nuge. He was a good kicker for a long time for us. He's gone now, no need to keep bashing him.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly. It's almost like long snapper. As long as you have a good one, you're fine. If you have a bad one, you're boned.

They also inexplicably fall off out of the blue like long snappers. There is no warning, they just lose the strike zone.

Yup, they do. One minute everything's great and BOOM! It all falls to shit in a heartbeat, eh?
In retrospect I'm glad we kept him seeing how whatsisface didn't exactly light the world on fire. 
OMG! What's Baltimore gonna do when their whatsisface falls apart? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Y'all raise up off the Nuge. He was a good kicker for a long time for us. He's gone now, no need to keep bashing him.
Kind of the same thing with our last red headed step child.. Jeeez..I can't even remember his name now..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 08:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bullock made all his kicks....including a 49 yarder...and looked strong doing it. Gonzalez....who many thought we should have drafted....missed a gimme. Not to mention the fact that Elliott is out.

You my friend are a gentleman and scholar referring to our kicker with the proper name...........

Fat Randy did a great job this week, maybe all it took was ole giggles to put him on the "hot" seat.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 09:27 AM)grampahol Wrote: Kind of the same thing with our last red headed step child.. Jeeez..I can't even remember his name now..

Shane "Money" Graham. Kickers are fickle, and when they lose it, they rarely get it back. Both of those guys were good Bengals for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bullock as a Bengal:

16-19 on FG's (84.2%)
27-29 on XP's (93.1%)

This, but I do find it hilarious that he wears the biggest shoulder pads available...trying to "minimize something".  He will always be Fat Randy, but I do love the kickoffs that fly through the end zone.  Don't know why Marv gets cute and does a mortar kick here and there and tries to pin them deep.  They almost always reach the 25, could break a long one, and leads to injuries. 

I think it won't be long before kickoffs are out of the game. 
Reply/Quote
Agree kickoffs will be out of the game in less than 5 years.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 09:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Shane "Money" Graham. Kickers are fickle, and when they lose it, they rarely get it back. Both of those guys were good Bengals for a long time.
That's the name.. You all better hope your lives never have to depend on me remembering your name. If that ever happens you're screwed.. lol

I do remember the trashing Graham took on the old board and Nuge on this one. 
When any player loses their edge through age, injury or any other little inconvenience you would think that they planned it ahead of time with malice of forethought to ruin your weekend.. lol  

Reply/Quote
Bullock has been solid, if unspectacular.  He's gonna miss some here and there, but I think last week's issues were most likely due to his injury.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote