Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any complaints this week about Fat Randy?
(11-27-2017, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Y'all raise up off the Nuge. He was a good kicker for a long time for us. He's gone now, no need to keep bashing him.

...but he wasn't? Nugent played for the Bengals from '10 to '16, and these were his FG% rankings...

'10: 21st
'11: 8th  (he had 14 FGs of 20-29 yards, aka shorter than a current PAT, and 0 attempts of 50+ that year)
'12: 20th
'13: 23rd
'14: 27th
'15: 23rd
'16: 24th

So the only year he wasn't a clearly below average kicker for the Bengals was the year he kicked a ton of PAT-FGs and didn't even bothering to attempt 50+.

He was actually really quite a bad kicker his entire Bengals career. I don't feel the need to keep bashing him for it, but I can't stay silent while people are calling his tenure with the Bengals "good".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Elliot is not hurt..
Reply/Quote
I still cringe when we have to kick FGs or XPTs.....
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 08:50 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Nope had a doughnut on him today even.

Hope he stays solid because really do not want to have to use another draft pick on a kicker.

Way bigger needs.

I don't think that's necessary even if the Bengals do want to get another kicker. There will be kickers to get as UDFA. If the Bengals REALLY want to get a K though in the draft, wait until the 6th or 7th round. Heck, there isn't a K I'd consider drafting at all besides maybe Carlson, but he's had quite a few misses this year that I think he's available after the 5th round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't have a problem with Bullock in the first place. Lawd knows I have problems with the Bengals and their ways of doing things, but Bullock ain't one of them.
Reply/Quote
Yes. I have a complaint. He's too fat. If only he had access to any kind of workout equipment. Or cared.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
No problem with him on 11/26/17, but he will cost the Bengals a win vs the Steelers this week. I've already posted it in the prediction thread. Let it be written. Let it be done.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
McC Wrote:Yes.  I have a complaint.  He's too fat.  If only he had access to any kind of workout equipment.  Or cared.
Any man with a belly like that who can get his leg up that high has my whole-hearted admiration.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...but he wasn't? Nugent played for the Bengals from '10 to '16, and these were his FG% rankings...

'10: 21st
'11: 8th  (he had 14 FGs of 20-29 yards, aka shorter than a current PAT, and 0 attempts of 50+ that year)
'12: 20th
'13: 23rd
'14: 27th
'15: 23rd
'16: 24th

So the only year he wasn't a clearly below average kicker for the Bengals was the year he kicked a ton of PAT-FGs and didn't even bothering to attempt 50+.

He was actually really quite a bad kicker his entire Bengals career. I don't feel the need to keep bashing him for it, but I can't stay silent while people are calling his tenure with the Bengals "good".

Yeah, he wasn't that good, so if pointing that out is bashing him, then I guess I'll keep on bashing him.  One big point in his favor: when he did screw up we weren't subjected to his braying sister shrieking at his critics.  Yep, I'm looking at you, Shank.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 07:39 PM)McC Wrote: Yes.  I have a complaint.  He's too fat.  If only he had access to any kind of workout equipment.  Or cared.

Kickers:
[Image: 1015919289-NigelGruffTheReplacements_display_image.jpg]

..and yet they'll still play into their 40s.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 08:12 PM)jason Wrote: No problem with him on 11/26/17, but he will cost the Bengals a win vs the Steelers this week. I've already posted it in the prediction thread. Let it be written. Let it be done.

Love that positive vibe youre putting out there.
Reply/Quote
No complaints this week and overall this season. Need to make those extra points though.
Reply/Quote