Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any explanations yet?
(10-23-2017, 10:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh....I know!  I'd LOVE to wake up tomorrow and see the whole staff shitcanned just because....pipe dream, I know.

They need to be. Every. Single. One. 

I like some of the coaches but it's insane to keep any at this point. Clean house. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 04:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Great. Then why is Gio not starting?  Whatever

I have zero idea why Gio is not more involved in the game plan. In game 1 he had 7 carries and averaged 5.7 YPC, the next game it dropped to 5 and it has been no more than 3 since then. He is most likely the most talented RB on the team but we cut his numbers and spend 2 rounders on folks to take his carries. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They need to be. Every. Single. One. 

I like some of the coaches but it's insane to keep any at this point. Clean house. 

Right on....and I'm game for a roster turnover while we're at it.  For the love of all that is holy....shitcan that fuggin chowder head GM for good measure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Any plausible explanations yet for why Mixon and WJ3 aren't playing more? Mixon has shown time and again, he's the best running back we have. And WJ3 just showed us he can cover Brown pretty well. Why are these 2 young guys (or others you might think of) not playing more or even starting?

Or are they playing a lot and I'm just not seeing it?

Because we are paying Adam Jones, Jeremy Hill, and Brandon Lafell good money and they won't sit.  So we play them over younger, more talented players.  I friggin hate it and it has cost this team wins.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 10:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: They need to be. Every. Single. One. 

Now come on, it would be insane to let Darrin Simmons go.....
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Now come on, it would be insane to let Darrin Simmons go.....

You can't fully change the culture by leaving any lingering links to the prior regime.  Paul Alexander, exhibit A.

Royle was saying there are some good coaches here, but you have to clean house to send a couple messages.  Message one is to your players......shape up, or you're next.  Message two is to your long suffering customers, the fans....."we're committed to winning".

Now, if your new guy comes in and decides to hire a guy like Simmons, that's a different story.  I'd be down for that.  However, a total house cleaning is in order.  The staff has totally lost the team.

Reply/Quote
They are trying to keep everyone happy; yes it's dumb so freaking dumb.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:47 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They are trying to keep everyone but their fans happy; yes it's dumb so freaking dumb.

FIFY
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 03:38 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Any plausible explanations yet for why Mixon and WJ3 aren't playing more? Mixon has shown time and again, he's the best running back we have. And WJ3 just showed us he can cover Brown pretty well. Why are these 2 young guys (or others you might think of) not playing more or even starting?

Or are they playing a lot and I'm just not seeing it?

Marv buddy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Marv buddy. Mellow

You mean, Merv.  :andy:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 02:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You mean, Merv.  :andy:

Mediocre Merv......

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Mediocre Merv......

Merv Lawis, head coach of the Cincinatti Bingals. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
WJ3 started on the outside in place of Adam Jones and played the entire game. Dennard was the nickel corner.

WJ3 played the rest of the Browns game when Jones got hurt and didn't finish.

As for the rotation of Jones/WJ3 - we'll see how that goes when Jones is back totally healthy. WJ3 is playing well of course, but Jones hasn't been terrible, either.

As for WJ3/Dennard - they said specifically he can't play the slot, at least not yet. There are some physical issues there (long, some stiffness) etc. He's playing well outside, so I can't see them asking him to move inside with Dennard there.

I think the proper question re: Mixon isn't "playing more" - he's technically playing the most. It's how he's being used. Which clearly remains an issue.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:58 PM)jowczarski Wrote: I think the proper question re: Mixon isn't "playing more" - he's technically playing the most. It's how he's being used. Which clearly remains an issue.

Can you elaborate? Do you think we need to be using him more from shotgun or pistol formations? Or use a lead back more often? Obviously the line is crap, but is there some way to better use Mixon and get more production out of him?

I'd love to hear your take.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Do not think WJIII is just now coming into his own. He was [playing jam up early as well.

Got hosed on a couple pass interferences that were reminiscent of a shut down corner in first few games.

Not saying he is a shut down corner yet but believe he is our best and has the potential to be one.

Mixon was just another coaching blunder in second half imo.

Gio should get more time too. No need to coddle Hill because he will be let go after season anyway.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 03:58 PM)jowczarski Wrote:  WJ3 is playing well of course, but Jones hasn't been terrible, either.

Kind of how the Bengals have evaluated the offensive line, Brandon Lafell, and Jeremy Hill.  With a lot of "un-terrible" out there, you get a team with no heart and not capable of executing simple plays.  
Reply/Quote