Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any fans of the new look of the mother ship site?
Yey.. They retained the services of the Spinster himself (or is it the sphincter) Geoff Hobspin.. 
Other than that it's pretty bland and something to..uhhhhhhh.. you know..cheer about n stuff I guess.. 
Oh gee....I almost forgot.  It was national selfie day which by itself is more important than the latest embossing pattern of Dollar General toilet paper I think although its probably debatable..   Dammit! I forgot to make it a poll so let's just go ahead and make it an informal poll..
National Selfie Day
OR 
The latest embossing pattern of Dollar General toilet paper 
YOU DECIDE . I know.. Tough decision, huh? Sorry to put you all through this grueling mental test.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie it’s a lot easier to use
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I only go there to print off a schedule once a year.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 06:34 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I only go there to print off a schedule once a year.

Yeah, I don’t go much either unless I click on a story link on this site that takes me there.

Reply/Quote
HOLY SHIT, Mike Brown actually paid money to make something better than just average?! AM I DREAMING?!

Granted that the website probably only costs a few grand, if that, to upgrade, but that's a lot of money for a guy that still has his First Communion money!

I like it because it makes me feel like our franchise is shined in a little better of a light.

The sad things that bring joy to a Bengals fan!
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 11:47 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: HOLY SHIT, Mike Brown actually paid money to make something better than just average?!  AM I DREAMING?!

Granted that the website probably only costs a few grand, if that, to upgrade, but that's a lot of money for a guy that still has his First Communion money!

I like it because it makes me feel like our franchise is shined in a little better of a light.

The sad things that bring joy to a Bengals fan!
We already had one of the best NFL sites out there...

Never gets old watching people complain about how someone else spends THEIR money.
Reply/Quote
I haven't gone to that site in 3 years
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 12:02 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I haven't gone to that site in 3 years

Since we opened up here, I've only been there to print out a schedule.  And if someone knows of another place I can do that, I'll NEVER go back there.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 07:28 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, I don’t go much either unless I click on a story link on this site that takes me there.

Me too, I only went there back in the day because the message board was over there. WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
I think they did a good job with the site. I go there and listen to the interviews and press conferences. Some oc the quotes in tweets and articles are taken out of context so it's nice to hear the full interviews sometimes.

Edit: I used to like it when they did a lot more of the OTA Minicamps and training camp vids. They are pretty generic now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 12:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Since we opened up here, I've only been there to print out a schedule.  And if someone knows of another place I can do that, I'll NEVER go back there.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.   Hilarious 

I see they just put up the schedule on the main page.  That means I don't have to go anywhere else to get it.   Clapping

EDIT: Now it's gone. Quit toying with me!
EDIT EDIT: Now it's back. Keep it up there guys, great idea.
Reply/Quote
Have not went back.

Anything relevant they post will be shared here soon afterwards anyway.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think I've been there since they pulled our plug unless something linked there.

Nice site. Back here seems more like home, though.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 02:24 PM)kdgjr Wrote: I honestly don't think I've been there since they pulled our plug unless something linked there.

Nice site. Back here seems more like home, though.

I agree, this feels like home to me.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I never go back either.  They didn't like me using their site before, so why bother using it now? 

A couple of you have mentioned only going back to print off the team's schedule.  Any chance we could have a schedule of our own over here? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 02:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I never go back either.  They didn't like me using their site before, so why bother using it now? 

A couple of you have mentioned only going back to print off the team's schedule.  Any chance we could have a schedule of our own over here? 

They put up a schedule back out on the main page.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 02:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I never go back either.  They didn't like me using their site before, so why bother using it now? 

ESPN.com has it, NFL.com does too, yahoo sports... There are plenty of options out there. 
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 04:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: ESPN.com has it, NFL.com does too, yahoo sports... There are plenty of options out there. 

Didn't know that.  Thanks!
Reply/Quote
What the heck, no one could post a link to it? FINE, I'll just go to google and type Bengals.....

Ok now that I am looking at it, can someone tell me what it used to look like? Honestly cant remember.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 11:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We already had one of the best NFL sites out there...

Never gets old watching people complain about how someone else spends THEIR money.
I agree.  I think it's one of the better sites, and I go there for a variety of reasons pretty regularly.   I mean I can never get enough of my team.

And despite the fact that Butch is on the Bengals payroll and can come off as smarmy sometimes, I think he does a good job.  I like a lot of his articles.  Can't imagine having to put out that kind of volume of work.

My only complaint was their getting rid of the message boards.  But despite losing some of my favorite contributors we've totally landed on our feet thanks to Bengalholic and friends.
Reply/Quote