Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any fans of the new look of the mother ship site?
(06-24-2018, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Taking brain damage out of the game has nothing to do with "passion and violence".

Every fan is entitled to their own opinion and interpretation of "today's NFL".  I'll make you a deal.  I'll respect that your opinion is different than mine, you stop trying to step on my opinion?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Obviously do not go to the site as I used to, but I still and will go there. I've never understood the bitterness with the site. Sure they closed their MB, but they did give us ample notice. And a few folks such as Holic used that time to create an alternative. Just imagine if you would have logging in one day and the forum was just not there.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The new site is much cleaner than the old design. Much better.
Reply/Quote
[u][/u]The mothership message board was way before my time. I'm wondering if team homepages aren't league mandated or otherwise controlled. I never bothered before, but I've developed an interest in GB and toddled over to their homepage. Hmmmm. Then I went over to my "hometown" team's homepage. Hmmmmmm. Then I visited some other teams. They all look exactly alike in terms of format, etc. They even have their own versions of Hobson. But right here's still the best.
Reply/Quote
When I first saw the new look, I was kinda "meh", as it lost a lot of character and visual stimulation. However, upon visiting a time or two, I must update my opinion. In terms of functionality, ease of navigation, etc., it is much better than the previous version.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:09 AM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: As professional designer, front end developer and teacher I'd honestly give the new site a c+. The new framework is more structured for ad targeting. MB will likely generate more ad revenue from it. From a design standpoint, it lacks any inspiration. No stripes, no tiger, terrible use of the color pallet. Very unimpressive for a billion dollar company. IMHO

I agree and thanks for sort of agreeing with me.  I was getting worried I was being left out in the wilderness in my opinions for a moment there . I think it's flat out bland..almost an old HTML goodies design .. edit: Well I'll be darned.. That site is still in existence . That's one of the first website tutorial sites.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Obviously do not go to the site as I used to, but I still and will go there. I've never understood the bitterness with the site. Sure they closed their MB, but they did give us ample notice. And a few folks such as Holic used that time to create an alternative. Just imagine if you would have logging in one day and the forum was just not there.

Seems I recall that was the work of some of the mods and not the team, and not all of the mods.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 10:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: Seems I recall that was the work of some of the mods and not the team, and not all of the mods.

Yeah, and didn't Denny say this board wouldn't succeed?  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 12:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, and didn't Denny say this board wouldn't succeed?  

That he did......he wouldn't like it here anyway.  This place is too real, and allows too much freedom of speech for his taste....lol.  Funny thing is, I read somewhere on here that he is a HUGE troll/hater on the Reds facebook...lmao...what a joke.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Who ever wrote the script for their poll forgot to allow the user to make on one selection. I just voted for 9 wins, 10 wins, 11 wins, and 12+ wins all on the same visit. Didn't even have to refresh.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 12:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, and didn't Denny say this board wouldn't succeed?  

Denny is a short goober.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2018, 12:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That he did......he wouldn't like it here anyway.  This place is too real, and allows too much freedom of speech for his taste....lol.  Funny thing is, I read somewhere on here that he is a HUGE troll/hater on the Reds facebook...lmao...what a joke.

He got into it with Lance McCallister about the Reds and got himself blocked. Also made a few cracks about FC Cincinnati.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure Denny would have had me banned by now for suggesting the site was bland..  I can't help it .. I'm a provocateur hell bent on upsetting the order of society. Yup, that's me alright..a provocateur out to insult the very fabric that holds the Bengals web site together  ..lol

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2018, 11:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Every fan is entitled to their own opinion and interpretation of "today's NFL".  I'll make you a deal.  I'll respect that your opinion is different than mine, you stop trying to step on my opinion?

Have you never met Fred?!
Reply/Quote
Something I do like about the new look is separating different features so news isn't in the same line of stuff with everything else. The fluff pieces are separated so you no longer have to weed through the fluff to read things that may have more importance .
It's the visual look that feels so bland. It is much better organized.. 

Reply/Quote