Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any fans of the new look of the mother ship site?
I still go there a lot.

Many times when there is a quote from a story linked here it is taken out of context or misinterpreted.

Also like to learn as much about the Bengals as possible.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 01:59 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yes, I'm quoting myself.   Hilarious 

I see they just put up the schedule on the main page.  That means I don't have to go anywhere else to get it.   Clapping

EDIT:  Now it's gone.  Quit toying with me!
EDIT EDIT:  Now it's back.  Keep it up there guys, great idea.

Yeah, I have been meaning to get the schedule up for a while, but hadn't gotten around to it. 

It'll remain on the home page for quick reference.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
I like the new layout. Video's giving me problems, but that could be on my end.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Thanks Holic. I would like to make a suggestion if I could? Although I love it, it would be nice if it were at the top instead of the bottom. I rarely veer towards the bottom. But thats just me.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:09 PM)3wt Wrote: My only complaint was their getting rid of the message boards.  But despite losing some of my favorite contributors we've totally landed on our feet thanks to Bengalholic and friends.

Don't worry. I'm here now.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
i go there every few days....
searching for any new info….
Reply/Quote
I thought the old website closed down, lol.
I never went there when the board was there either, so there's that.
As long as its the green toilet paper that's always on sale because the dye used causes cancer, it's all good. COLOSTOMY BAGS FOR EVERYONE!

I don't read Hobsin articles.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 12:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Since we opened up here, I've only been there to print out a schedule.  And if someone knows of another place I can do that, I'll NEVER go back there.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2018/REG/BENGALS

NFL.com normally has every teams schedule.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: What the heck, no one could post a link to it? FINE, I'll just go to google and type Bengals.....

Ok now that I am looking at it, can someone tell me what it used to look like? Honestly cant remember.
Easy.. ach tee tee pee colon forward slash forward slash double you double you double you dot (as in a period) B E N G A L S dot (as in a period) com..  Leave out the parts in parentheses..  ~Your helpful household hint partner in internet uselessness. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Why do I have the nagging feeling that those who claim to never use the site are the ones writing in to sing Hobson's praises for 2 paragraphs before even getting to those hard hitting questions we've all grown to love over the years? lol
C'mon..you know who you are and you know we know that you know that we know .

Actually none of it really bothers me in the least bit, but it's fun to play make believe it does. 

You know,  just once I'd like to see Hobson write back to someone from out of town and say 'Where the hell is that crummy little dot on the map? I never heard of the damned place !' 
Although that would be kind of rude... 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 02:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: Yey.. They retained the services of the Spinster himself (or is it the sphincter) Geoff Hobspin.. 
Other than that it's pretty bland and something to..uhhhhhhh.. you know..cheer about n stuff I guess.. 
Oh gee....I almost forgot.  It was national selfie day which by itself is more important than the latest embossing pattern of Dollar General toilet paper I think although its probably debatable..   Dammit! I forgot to make it a poll so let's just go ahead and make it an informal poll..
National Selfie Day
OR 
The latest embossing pattern of Dollar General toilet paper 
YOU DECIDE . I know.. Tough decision, huh? Sorry to put you all through this grueling mental test.. 

I don't hate Hobson like so many on here, and I think the new site looks a bit more professional and less cartoon-ish.  
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2018, 05:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I have been meaning to get the schedule up for a while, but hadn't gotten around to it. 

It'll remain on the home page for quick reference.  :andy:

Thanks, now I don't have to go to that damn mother ship.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 01:08 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2018/REG/BENGALS

NFL.com normally has every teams schedule.

Thanks dude.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
As professional designer, front end developer and teacher I'd honestly give the new site a c+. The new framework is more structured for ad targeting. MB will likely generate more ad revenue from it. From a design standpoint, it lacks any inspiration. No stripes, no tiger, terrible use of the color pallet. Very unimpressive for a billion dollar company. IMHO
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:09 AM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: As professional designer, front end developer and teacher I'd honestly give the new site a c+. The new framework is more structured for ad targeting. MB will likely generate more ad revenue from it. From a design standpoint, it lacks any inspiration. No stripes, no tiger, terrible use of the color pallet. Very unimpressive for a billion dollar company. IMHO

It sort of has a generic Wordpress blog-ish feel now. In fairness though, that seems to be the direction a lot of sites are going.

I mostly just go there for the videos , but I prefer the previous style because it had more of a Bengals 'flavor' to it.
Reply/Quote
I still visit the site from time to time for interviews and such.

I have to say that I don't like the new format though.

Major step back from the graphic design point of view...
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 12:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I still visit the site from time to time for interviews and such.

I have to say that I don't like the new format though.

Major step back from the graphic design point of view...

Site has kinda went down hill IMO. After the msg board was killed, not much interest. I bet their hit total dropped to like 5 a day. 4 of those Hobson. LOL.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:30 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It sort of has a generic Wordpress blog-ish feel now. In fairness though, that seems to be the direction a lot of sites are going.

I mostly just go there for the videos , but I prefer the previous style because it had more of a Bengals 'flavor' to it.

If they're going to continue taking passion and violence out of the game, might as well start by numbing down the news and information sources..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 11:09 AM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: As professional designer, front end developer and teacher I'd honestly give the new site a c+. The new framework is more structured for ad targeting. MB will likely generate more ad revenue from it. From a design standpoint, it lacks any inspiration. No stripes, no tiger, terrible use of the color pallet. Very unimpressive for a billion dollar company. IMHO

According to what I read, the new site is made to be more mobile friendly, less than computer. You guys crack me up though..... "I never go back to the mother site unless something is linked here".... means your clicking links and going to the mother site, and since almost all the articles get linked.....lol. I see no reason not to go there, I visit both sites daily. This one for discussion, that one for articles, interviews, videos, etc. It's big world, there is room for two websites..... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2018, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If they're going to continue taking passion and violence out of the game,

Taking brain damage out of the game has nothing to do with "passion and violence".
Reply/Quote