Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any former Bengals coming back?
Bengals love to bring back former players (Andre Smith, Pat Sims, Michael Johnson, Wallace Gilberry).

See any possibilities out there this year?
Reply/Quote
Boomer demanded a trade, went to his home area, ended up on the Cardinals, ran out the clock here.
Palmer demanded a trade, went to his home area, ended up on the Cardinals.......................????

Nah, I kid. I could see McCarron still being here if he doesn't end up in Bufffffalloooey or Nude England.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Think AJM will find a team if he is willing to except back up role and compete for the starting job.

Or sit out and await the first big QB injury to happen.

Would like to have him back though. But think he will hold it against Bengals for not trading him last offseason when he could have gotten a starting gig.

If he does come back expect it to be a 1 year deal per not wanting career to be held hostage. Certain he believes he can be a starter.

But a lifetime back up QB is a sweet gig too. Hope he finds his spot though, he is a great kid.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Is Jake Elliot available yet? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Leon Hall is a 9er. I was sure that he'd be back. 
Reply/Quote
I've read that the Bengals were interested in bringing Reggie Nelson back.
Reply/Quote
With Hill gone... or expected to be gone..

What about Burkhead?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 02:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Think AJM will find a team if he is willing to except back up role and compete for the starting job.

Or sit out and await the first big QB injury to happen.

Would like to have him back though. But think he will hold it against Bengals for not trading him last offseason when he could have gotten a starting gig.

If he does come back expect it to be a 1 year deal per not wanting career to be held hostage. Certain he believes he can be a starter.

But a lifetime back up QB is a sweet gig too. Hope he finds his spot though, he is a great kid.

Yeah, I'm with you on this now.  McCarron getting a look as a backup in NE seems like a sweet enough gig for a year or so.  He could play the wait and see game and try to get a starter's contract with a team that flops in the draft, is Buffalo, or has a starter go down early (I'm looking at Sam Bradford behind that Cardinals o-line), but that's a risk.

Actually, Bradford doesn't even get hit when he gets injured anymore, he just plays a whole game of football and his knee is IR-worthy the next day.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: With Hill gone... or expected to be gone..

What about Burkhead?

Don't think Bulkhead is coming back... or staying with the Patriots, for that matter.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 02:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't think Bulkhead is coming back... or staying with the Patriots, for that matter.

probly not but its a former Bengal in an area of some need.

Not sure who else out there fits that bill.   Don't think McCarron counts cause he would have to go to another team to be a guy we brought back (ie he has to leave first lol)
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 02:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't think Bulkhead is coming back... or staying with the Patriots, for that matter.

Pats lost Dion Lewis.  So I say there is a good chance the pats re-sign Rex.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pats lost Dion Lewis.  So I say there is a good chance the pats re-sign Rex.

Forgot about that.

Just surprised that they haven't signed him yet.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope not. I'm over bringing back former players who have clearly lost a step.
Reply/Quote
Are there really any that we want to bring back? We did a lot shaking up the coaching staff, lets keep that up and bring in new blood with the players as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 03:32 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Are there really any that we want to bring back? We did a lot shaking up the coaching staff, lets keep that up and bring in new blood with the players as well.

Great idea bring back an old coach.....   Like Frazier   lol

I'm kidding
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 03:32 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Are there really any that we want to bring back? We did a lot shaking up the coaching staff, lets keep that up and bring in new blood with the players as well.

This, time for new blood.

The only former Bengal i would welcome back would be Reggie Nelson.

Dude is smart and could help us even if he is falling off as a coach on the field. Shawn isn't the brightest bulb it seems.
Reply/Quote
Outside of Nelson possibly, I'm good with not bringing any back.
Reply/Quote
Huber was one I thought would, and that happened. Eifert might be another, but not sure if a mutually agreed upon contract can be worked out. Then there is Andre Smith. Burkhead will likely hang in with New England, given the opportunity. The rest just seem to be past their prime, and not what we should think about.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
How many of you knew that Frostee Rucker is a free agent this year?

He will only be 35 this season.
Reply/Quote
How about DT Clinton McDonald? He had 5 sacks for Tampa Bay last year. He also had 5.5 sacks for the Seahawks when they won the Super Bowl in '13.

He will be 31 this season, and only made $2 million for the Bucs last year.
Reply/Quote