Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Any former wide receivers, tight ends on the board?
How much of the game is the QB and coach doing most the mental work and calling a great play and how much of a successful QB/receiver combo is the receiver reading coverages just like the QB?

I was talking to someone and he claimed Jamarr Chase is pretty average at reading coverages and that’s a reason why he disappears sometimes.

I am very curious on what anyone who actually played would have to say to that because i have no idea. I know guys like Devante Adams and an older guys like Steve Smith and Chad Johnson had to be great a reading coverage just based off how successful they were. No way that was all athletic ability.

I would love to know the rate at which elite WRs change their route based off the coverage compares to average WRs.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I used to have a tight end, but age and sedentary lifestyle has changed it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I went into prison as a Tight End and came out a Wide Receiver.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Many great players are not actually that good at some of the aspects of the game. Goes the other way, too.

I am more amazed at how small he always appears next to the rest of the team.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
If he is lacking there, the good news is he can learn. He may never be one of the best at it, but being really good at it is possible.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I went into prison as a Tight End and came out a Wide Receiver.

Was your nickname Peanut Butter ? Because you spread easy  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Say What
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 02:05 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Say What

Shocked
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2022, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I went into prison as a Tight End and came out a Wide Receiver.

...then got traded for a candy bar and a pack of cigarettes.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote