Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any idea
of what the hell Fej was doing on that punt? Did the rest of the punt team miss the call or did he? There wasn't a chance in hell that a fake would have work on that punt.....
Reply/Quote
Huber was lined up behind Fed, I have no idea what the actual call was but the ball wasn't going to get to Huber with Fed standing between them
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I was confused by that as well. It looked like maybe the call was for a fake punt but only the snapper and Fejedelem were on the same page since there was no attempt that I saw to block for a fake. That or for some reason Fejedelem called for a fake punt, I think I read somewhere when they did that during preseason that sometimes it was his call if he saw something worthy of it, so again maybe lines got crossed. It looked like a coach was chewing him out after the play. Either way it was a disaster and another example of how bad the Bengals were prepared for the game. The quote from after the game was that it was a miscommunication.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I was confused by that as well.  It looked like maybe the call was for a fake punt but only the snapper and Fejedelem were on the same page since there was no attempt that I saw to block for a fake. That or for some reason Fejedelem called for a fake punt, I think I read somewhere when they did that during preseason that sometimes it was his call if he saw something worthy of it, so again maybe lines got crossed.   It looked like a coach was chewing him out after the play.  Either way it was a disaster.  The quote from after the game was that it was a miscommunication.

I'm sure we will hear the old miscommunication excuse a lot today... Sure getting worn out lately
Reply/Quote
Just proves the point that Mediocre Merv led teams are usually ill prepared for these big time matchups.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm sure we will hear the old miscommunication excuse a lot today... Sure getting worn out lately

Fej seems to screw up a lot he messed a block on special teams a few weeks ago and got a punt blocked. Andy threw a fade to corner of end zone and AJ ran an out route this really should not happen.
Reply/Quote
Just watched the play again in slow motion. I'm not so sure the snap wasn't intended for Huber given how hard the snap was. So perhaps Fejedelem thought it was suppose to be a fake and everyone else was playing a punt. Everyone else on the Bengals line certainly was not playing for a fake.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Just outright bad coaching.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I was confused by that as well.  It looked like maybe the call was for a fake punt but only the snapper and Fejedelem were on the same page since there was no attempt that I saw to block for a fake. That or for some reason Fejedelem called for a fake punt, I think I read somewhere when they did that during preseason that sometimes it was his call if he saw something worthy of it, so again maybe lines got crossed.   It looked like a coach was chewing him out after the play.  Either way it was a disaster and another example of how bad the Bengals were prepared for the game.  The quote from after the game was that it was a miscommunication.

As pissed as Harris looked. I don't think he and Fej were thinking the same thing on that play
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:56 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Just outright bad coaching.

No doubt. Whichever coach told Fej to stand there a stick his arm out to block the snap is an idiot. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Same ol excuses......after 16 years of this shit, similar results, and damn near every way humanly possible to choke.....we're still blaming the players. Mellow

Mediocre Merv for Pres!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote