Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any ideas for OC or DC
(01-17-2019, 06:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: There's no defense in college football nowadays.

Clemson only allowed a total of 2 tds in 2 playoff games.
Reply/Quote
True, true..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm calling it right here right now...… the new OC for the Cincinnati Bengals is Shane Waldron. The new DC for the Cincinnati Bengals is Robert Livingston (hence, the reason both Secondary coaches were retained)

Well, there certainly is something to be said for youth. It will be a learning experience all the way around and when you are that young you learn from your mistakes and make changes and take chances and aren't stuck in your own "now we're suppose to's".

They'll make some bad draft choices, but so did Marvin and Mike Brown. They'll make some boneheaded play calls, but so did Marvin and his staff.

The difference being that these guys don't believe they know it all already where as I believe Marvin stopped learning years ago. And Mike Brown possibly never learned much of anything.

Reply/Quote
Dunno about oc, but Jon kitna is getting into coaching and has a positive attitude, experience. he can't be any less of a benefit than hue.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 02:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Dunno about oc, but Jon kitna is getting into coaching and has a positive attitude, experience. he can't be any less of a benefit than hue.

let him be an assistant QB Coach
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: let him be an assistant QB Coach

Or did you mean "Assisstant TO the QB Coach"  LOL
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 11:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: let him be an assistant QB Coach

I'd be fine with that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 11:56 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Or did you mean "Assisstant TO the QB Coach"  LOL

[Image: dwight_400x400.jpg]

IT IS THE SAME THING.
Reply/Quote
Rappaport thinks Del Rio could be DC. He said he knows he wants to coach again after sitting out last year. Would be a great hire.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Clemson only allowed a total of 2 tds in 2 playoff games.

That’s an excellent observation. I wonder if Brent Venables might want to go from coaching Tigers to coaching Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:02 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Rappaport thinks Del Rio could be DC. He said he knows he wants to coach again after sitting out last year. Would be a great hire.

Jack Del Rio also checks the Rooney Rule box. I don’t want to get into a Rooney Rule debate but it’s something Front Offices across the NFL must consider.

If Del Rio does want to return to coaching Cincinnati is the perfect landing spot. The Bengals’ new coaching staff is very young so to have a more experienced coach in the mix can only help.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 02:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Dunno about oc, but Jon kitna is getting into coaching and has a positive attitude, experience. he can't be any less of a benefit than hue.

Who mentored Carson Palmer? Jon Kitna.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:37 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jack Del Rio also checks the Rooney Rule box.  I don’t want to get into a Rooney Rule debate but it’s something Front Offices across the NFL must consider.  

If Del Rio does want to return to coaching Cincinnati is the perfect landing spot.  The Bengals’ new coaching staff is very young so to have a more experienced coach in the mix can only help.

I think Cincinnati is well covered when it comes to the Rooney rule. Nobody could seriously say minority coaches are not given a chance here....
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 10:37 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jack Del Rio also checks the Rooney Rule box. 

WTF

[Image: jack-del-rio-nfl-preseason-st.-louis-ram...aiders.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: WTF

[Image: jack-del-rio-nfl-preseason-st.-louis-ram...aiders.jpg]

Del Rio es Espanol.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 03:11 PM)McC Wrote: Del Rio es Espanol.

Not sure he meets the qualification. Wiki says he father is "of Spanish descent", and his mother is Italian-American. Depends on how much "Spanish descent" pops had. You have to be 25% to be considered Hispanic.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 05:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not sure he meets the qualification. Wiki says he father is "of Spanish descent", and his mother is Italian-American. Depends on how much "Spanish descent" pops had. You have to be 25% to be considered Hispanic.

Del Rio would not be considered a Rooney Rule candidate.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Fellas, do we really want to derail a good thread into one about Rooney Rule compliance? The Staff of the Bengals Board fully realize that in this day and age, sometimes politically motivated ideals cross over into the realm of sports. Personally, I feel like every team in the league is fully aware of the Rooney Rule, and makes it their duty to fully comply with the letter of the rule, the Bengals being no exception.

For anyone unfamiliar with the Rooney Rule, or it's latest modifications, it's explained pretty clearly in this article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/12/nfl-toughens-its-rooney-rule-standards-interviewing-head-coaching-candidates/?utm_term=.555b24b8b39d

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 11:19 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Loving this stuff, also, remember Menafee last night saying something during the postgame where they were interviewing Suh that in just that moment, 3 Rams assistant coaches became HC's.

So i guess Waldron must of gotten a HC job too, wonder who the other assistant was besides Taylor with us?
Reply/Quote