Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Any interest in Josh Sitton?
Bears just announced the release of OG Josh Sitton. I know he is 32 but still performs at a high level. Anyone think the Bengals would improve by signing him at a reasonable price?
Reply/Quote
Would love a iol of boling price and sitton. Can be had at around 6 million.
Reply/Quote
They need to find a spot for the young guards we have. We need to keep an eye out on OT's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 02:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: They need to find a spot for the young guards we have. We need to keep an eye out on OT's.

This

But still want Nelson or Wynn in draft if they are there at 12

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I agree that the young OG on this team need to play and I fear if they sign a seasoned vet, they would sit Westerman and Redmond yet another year.

I also agree that if Nelson is there at 12 you grab him and see if Westerman can play Center.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 02:10 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Would love a iol of boling price and sitton. Can be had at around 6 million.

This is not a fact, just an opinion.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 02:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: They need to find a spot for the young guards we have. We need to keep an eye out on OT's.

(02-28-2018, 03:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This

But still want Nelson or Wynn in draft if they are there at 12

Agreed, Guard is the least of our worries on the O-line right now. Need OT's and a decent Center.

We get one of these in FA and it opens up the Draft. Boobie Hart is not the answer.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 03:11 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I agree that the young OG on this team need to play and I fear if they sign a seasoned vet, they would sit Westerman and Redmond yet another year.

I also agree that if Nelson is there at 12 you grab him and see if Westerman can play Center.

The odds of Nelson making it to 12 are very, very low. The drafting Nelson ship sailed when the Bengals beat Detroit and Baltimore.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, Guard is the least of our worries on the O-line right now. Need OT's and a decent Center.

We get one of these in FA and it opens up the Draft. Boobie Hart is not the answer.

RG is still weak. 2 games is far too short of a time to make a solid eval. That said you are right, center is a dumpster fire, as is tackle.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:37 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: RG is still weak.  2 games is far too short of a time to make a solid eval.  That said you are right, center is a dumpster fire, as is tackle.

Well, I am the King of the phrase "fresh legs syndrome", but I think Redmond just might have enough aggressiveness to handle the position.  Time will tell the real truth, but the defenses he faced were no joke.  

Either way, I'd like to see the team invest in either a Tackle, Center, and Guard, or two Tackles and a Center in free agency and or the draft.   

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:37 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: RG is still weak.  2 games is far too short of a time to make a solid eval.  That said you are right, center is a dumpster fire, as is tackle.

Yeah, Redmond wasn't all that great against the Ravens either. Westerman was good both games though.

I like Redmond's size and aggressiveness, he likes to play physical. Westerman is much better techiniquely and is a great pass blocker.

We need a Center and Tackle as you say and it seems Pollack agrees from what he has said.

(03-01-2018, 12:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I am the King of the phrase "fresh legs syndrome", but I think Redmond just might have enough aggressiveness to handle the position.  Time will tell the real truth, but the defenses he faced were no joke.  

Either way, I'd like to see the team invest in either a Tackle, Center, and Guard, or two Tackles and a Center in free agency and or the draft.   

Definately need about 3 guys for Pollack to work with and Tackles and Centers are not dimes a dozens like Guards can be.

From what i got from Pollack he doesn't want to keep Boling at LT, he wants to get his own there. McGlinchey once again just makes the
most sense at 12. He is a plug and play LT and he is solid in every way but needs to work on some of his technique. Much better than
Connor Williams or the RT in every way pretty much.
Reply/Quote
Sitton would probably be the perfect signing.

1. Age and most recent performance should drive his price down to an affordable level.
2. He's 32. Not too old that he's washed up, but not so young that it'd drive his price up. He'd be more than capable of plugging that hole until the primes of Atkins, Dunlap, Green etc are spent.

This guy is a 4 time Pro Bowler (most recently in 2016), and he just battled through a couple injuries last year (including an ankle injury) which affected his performance. He's definitely someone we should look at. Sign Sitton, draft McGlinchey or Orlando Brown Jr and call it a day.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sitton would probably be the perfect signing.

1. Age and most recent performance should drive his price down to an affordable level.
2. He's 32. Not too old that he's washed up, but not so young that it'd drive his price up. He'd be more than capable of plugging that hole until the primes of Atkins, Dunlap, Green etc are spent.

This guy is a 4 time Pro Bowler (most recently in 2016), and he just battled through a couple injuries last year (including an ankle injury) which affected his performance. He's definitely someone we should look at. Sign Sitton, draft McGlinchey or Orlando Brown Jr and call it a day.

Agreed....putting your faith in unproven late draft picks is comical. Sign a proven vet. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 02:02 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Agreed....putting your faith in unproven late draft picks is comical. Sign a proven vet. 

ThumbsUp and as evidenced, so is putting faith in early draft picks. The proud republic of Austria agrees with signing proven players.
Reply/Quote
I will literally take any warm body with starting NFL experience that has not been on the Bengals roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 11:33 AM)hollodero Wrote: ThumbsUp and as evidenced, so is putting faith in early draft picks. The proud republic of Austria agrees with signing proven players.

I wouldn't let Ogbuehi break your faith in top tackle prospects. Even the busts usually perform better than that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't let Ogbuehi break your faith in top tackle prospects. Even the busts usually perform better than that.

OK alright. Then I let Fisher finish off my faith.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't let Ogbuehi break your faith in top tackle prospects. Even the busts usually perform better than that.

LT is just a very tough and demanding job to master.
I wonder if switching him to Right might be an option at this stage in his career, especially if we Grab someone like McGlinchey to be the LT.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:08 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK alright. Then I let Fisher finish off my faith.

2nd round tackle. Anything that slips out of the 1st has serious flaws usually. Especially at that position.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LT is just a very tough and demanding job to master.
I wonder if switching him to Right might be an option at this stage in his career, especially if we Grab someone like McGlinchey to be the LT.

Haven't we already tried moving him to RT?

Usually if a guy is up to snuff, he at least looks the part even as a rookie. It certainly doesn't take 4 years.

We should just move on from Ogbuehi, Fisher and Bodine. I know we're all used to the Bengals taking umpteen years to move on from shit players and coaches, but normal teams have a much quicker trigger. 
Reply/Quote