Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Any interest in Josh Sitton?
(03-02-2018, 01:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2nd round tackle. Anything that slips out of the 1st has serious flaws usually. Especially at that position.

I still say it was a rather early pick. But whatever. Since we only got one first round pick this year, signing a vet still seems necessary. One tackle can't tackle all the oline problems anyway, even if he were the second coming of Munoz.

Also, after some years of observing these drafts I take the stance that no draft pick can be seen as a sure thing and hence drafting to fill holes is usually a bad idea, especially short term.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 01:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LT is just a very tough and demanding job to master.
I wonder if switching him to Right might be an option at this stage in his career, especially if we Grab someone like McGlinchey to be the LT.

No, at this point Og shouldn't be a starter anywhere on the O-line. LT is his only shot, he is even worse at RT.

Draft McGlinchey and have Og back him up in case McGlinchey gets injured until Og's rookie contract is up.

(03-02-2018, 01:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Haven't we already tried moving him to RT?

Usually if a guy is up to snuff, he at least looks the part even as a rookie. It certainly doesn't take 4 years.

We should just move on from Ogbuehi, Fisher and Bodine. I know we're all used to the Bengals taking umpteen years to move on from shit players and coaches, but normal teams have a much quicker trigger. 

Definately move on from Bodine, but i still have hope for Fisher now that he has been cleared. Atleast i have seen some
good things from him in his rookie year when he was getting moved all over the place. Re-sign Andre Smith and with him
and Fisher one of them should be decent under Pollack.

Let Og backup LT.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 03:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: I still say it was a rather early pick. But whatever. Since we only got one first round pick this year, signing a vet still seems necessary. One tackle can't tackle all the oline problems anyway, even if he were the second coming of Munoz.

Also, after some year of observing these drafts I take the stance that no draft pick can be seen as a sure thing and hence drafting to fill holes is usually a bad idea, especially short term.

I never said it's a sure thing. Nothing is, really. Not even a free agent. We're not all that far off, really. I just know that this team is unlikely to fix multiple spots using FA. So I hope to see our top pick AND our top FA signing used to fix this disaster of a line. Until the line gets fixed, it's pretty pointless to even look at other holes.

(03-02-2018, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No, at this point Og shouldn't be a starter anywhere on the O-line. LT is his only shot, he is even worse at RT.

Draft McGlinchey and have Og back him up in case McGlinchey gets injured until Og's rookie contract is up.

Definately move on from Bodine, but i still have hope for Fisher now that he has been cleared. Atleast i have seen some
good things from him in his rookie year when he was getting moved all over the place. Re-sign Andre Smith and with him
and Fisher one of them should be decent under Pollack.

Let Og backup LT.

I have more hope for Fisher than the rest of them, but that's not saying much. Keeping Og as a backup sounds nice, but I have a feeling that as long as Og is rostered, he'll get consideration for a starting gig. Honestly, I think we can do better even at backup tackle. Probably for a cheaper price. I'd trade him for a conditional 7th and wash our hands of that experiment gone wrong.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have more hope for Fisher than the rest of them, but that's not saying much. Keeping Og as a backup sounds nice, but I have a feeling that as long as Og is rostered, he'll get consideration for a starting gig. Honestly, I think we can do better even at backup tackle. Probably for a cheaper price. I'd trade him for a conditional 7th and wash our hands of that experiment gone wrong.

Og would if we still had PA as the O-line coach i am sure but Frank Pollack is here now and i am willing to give him the
benefit of the doubt on starting the best players and maybe, just maybe coaching up our worst ones. I find no reason to
cut Og at this point when we just brought in a new O-line coach.

Let Pollack work with these guys and you never know what might happen. Especially Fisher.
Reply/Quote
Sign him and Solder then draft Daniels at 12. You would have a pretty good offensive line I reckon.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 10:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Og would if we still had PA as the O-line coach i am sure but Frank Pollack is here now and i am willing to give him the
benefit of the doubt on starting the best players and maybe, just maybe coaching up our worst ones. I find no reason to
cut Og at this point when we just brought in a new O-line coach.

Let Pollack work with these guys and you never know what might happen. Especially Fisher.

I feel ya on that, I just want Pollack to mold his own clay, not someone else's.

I'd love to see a complete overhaul of this line. Take it seriously for once.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I never said it's a sure thing. Nothing is, really. Not even a free agent. We're not all that far off, really. I just know that this team is unlikely to fix multiple spots using FA. So I hope to see our top pick AND our top FA signing used to fix this disaster of a line. Until the line gets fixed, it's pretty pointless to even look at other holes.

ThumbsUp I can get behind that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 01:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel ya on that, I just want Pollack to mold his own clay, not someone else's.

I'd love to see a complete overhaul of this line. Take it seriously for once.

That would be a major statement to all the fans that this team is serious about a title.

Would be the smartest move they could make.

It is what Zimmer did in Minny last year and look how much better they got.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 04:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be a major statement to all the fans that this team is serious about a title.

Would be the smartest move they could make.

It is what Zimmer did in Minny last year and look how much better they got.

One of his moves In reshaping that line was dumping Andre Smith, who wound up being our top addition to the line. Kinda shows the difference in how they handle things and why the Vikings went so far while we went 7-9.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 03:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: One of his moves In reshaping that line was dumping Andre Smith, who wound up being our top addition to the line. Kinda shows the difference in how they handle things and why the Vikings went so far while we went 7-9.

Sad but true, we just have to settle for average damn it.
Reply/Quote