Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Have Tried A 2019 Mock Draft Yet ?
July 15th, 2019 I tried a CBS Sports Mock Draft. No preparation or research. I drafted near the end. Mahomes went fast, who was only person I was thinking. I went on CBS ratings only, taking their so called Expert Picks. I got ex Steelers Bell, then Brown. Then Bengal AJ Green. Is Bell at RB and Brown & Green at WR a good start to draft. The last couple years everybody would have said YES going into the draft. I also got a rookie RB CBS had highly rated. I still got good QB's and a good D. I took kicker too early, a mistake I don't make, but it was first Mock. All in all, not a bad team.

But again, have any of you tried a Mock Draft yet this year ???

I won't be in Bengals so called Official League on this site since it is full up with a waiting list every year. That's OK by me, because there are many that I can join, as every year. I will again be in CBS Leagues, I was in an AT&T league also last year, and I may try some ESPN Leagues this year. They are fun.

That KC QB was the guy to have last year on putting up points. If I get to pick him in any real drafts, he is my #1 pick.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I've done about 50 on YAHOO.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I do a bunch of the quick ones on Fantasy pros but mostly look at the completed ones at Fantasy Football Calculator
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 11:15 AM)yang Wrote: I do a bunch of the quick ones on Fantasy pros but mostly look at the completed ones at Fantasy Football Calculator

I do the same in terms of look at completed ones. As the years go by, I don't find much value in doing an actual mock draft anymore. The main reason is because the leagues you are actually in usually have people who don't follow conventional picking. So it's mostly important to get to know how your opponents prioritize certain players and then adjust your draft tendencies based on that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 08:00 AM)kevin Wrote: July 15th, 2019 I tried a CBS Sports Mock Draft.  No preparation or research.  I drafted near the end. Mahomes went fast, who was only person I was thinking.   I went on CBS ratings only, taking their so called Expert Picks.  I got ex Steelers Bell, then Brown.  Then Bengal AJ Green.  Is Bell at RB and Brown & Green at WR a good start to draft.  The last couple years everybody would have said YES going into the draft.  I also got a rookie RB CBS had highly rated.  I still got good QB's and a good D.  I took kicker too early, a mistake I don't make, but it was first Mock. All in all, not a bad team.  

But again, have any of you tried a Mock Draft yet this year ???

I won't be in Bengals so called Official League on this site since it is full up with a waiting list every year.  That's OK by me, because there are many that I can join, as every year.  I will again be in CBS Leagues, I was in an AT&T league also last year, and I may try some ESPN Leagues this year. They are fun.

That KC QB was the guy to have last year on putting up points.  If I get to pick him in any real drafts, he is my #1 pick.

Someone was thinking of starting a second league, here on the board.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Any-message-board-leagues-have-opening

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I have done quite a few quick ones on fantasy pros and on the football guys draft dominator app. I keep toying with different strategies and various draft positions to prep for my money league.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, in my money league I know I pick 12th so it's cool to try to analyze strategy. I listen to some of the podcasts, check CBS and Fantasy Pros and such to see what everyone is thinking. And still it's such a crapshoot, lol. No one knows wtf Gurley is going to do this year and most of the rest for that matter. For every positive there's a negative. For every person who likes a player I can find someone who doesn't.

For me it's mostly about who I can draft after the first 2 or 3 picks that I think have potential to explode. If I think there is a RB like Kamar Hunt then I can take a WR early and so on.
Reply/Quote
In my money league we meet in person to draft and draw our draft positions from a hat when we arrive. I think I would prefer to be either top 3 or in the back end. I don’t like what I am seeing at those picks in the middle.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 02:58 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I've done about 50 on YAHOO.

LOL, I knew you were gonna say this. I will do a mock about 2 days before the draft. Have a few beers then do another. Then the day prior I might slap a few in there. Wife always has so much other shit for me to do. I know know how kingdoms have fallen. SPOUSES!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL, I knew you were gonna say this. I will do a mock about 2 days before the draft. Have a few beers then do another. Then the day prior I might slap a few in there. Wife always has so much other shit for me to do. I know know how kingdoms have fallen. SPOUSES!

I feel your pain my brother!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 08:05 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I feel your pain my brother!

If you've already done 50, you dont know the pain.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If you've already done 50, you dont know the pain.  Hilarious

It's probably closer to 100 now.   Cool
Reply/Quote