Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any news on Bengal players going elsewhere?
(03-17-2020, 05:50 PM)McC Wrote: If he had just worn a shirt, how different might the narrative have been?

He's a 330-350 pound guy who held out and then lost his first two seasons to two different foot fractures from being too fat.

It was ALWAYS going to be the narrative, shirt or no.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 11:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He's a 330-350 pound guy who held out and then lost his first two seasons to two different foot fractures from being too fat.

It was ALWAYS going to be the narrative, shirt or no.

The no shirt amplified the hell out of it.  It took Dre a long time to grow up too and that didn't help at all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Andy still the #1 contender for the Patriots. BB loves the Bengals... opposites attract.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 11:57 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Andy still the #1 contender for the Patriots. BB loves the Bengals... opposites attract.

BB respects MB, shocking but true.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: BB respects MB, shocking but true.

He's a Brown family fan in general. He loves talking about Paul Brown and football.

Back when BB tied Paul Brown in wins, he showed up to the stadium dressed like Paul Brown.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:53 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Not much. He only really had two good years. Then he was just average to below average the rest of the time. He was never worthy of the #6 pick.

Just goes to show you how much he wanted out of Cincy.

WhoDey2  That's probably because he always thought he was a shutdown outside corner. The Bengals told him he wasn't and hurt ALL his little feelers... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
So either we didn't really want Dennard or he really wanted out of here, cause that's a pretty sad contract for a starting quality slot corner.

Wonder what we get as a comp pick for him? My guess with that contract and him being a 1st round draft pick, probably an extra 4th in 2021.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:25 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So either we didn't really want Dennard or he really wanted out of here, cause that's a pretty sad contract for a starting quality slot corner.

Wonder what we get as a comp pick for him? My guess with that contract and him being a 1st round draft pick, probably an extra 4th in 2021.

Probably cancelled out by signing Reader and Waynes.

Assuming Billings and Vigil gets reasonable deals elsewhere we might get a lower round comp pick for one of them, Eifert or maybe even Fejedelem, although the new bargaining deal reduces it to the top 35%, which is expected to be around $2.5m per year so that may be a stretch.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 02:25 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So either we didn't really want Dennard or he really wanted out of here, cause that's a pretty sad contract for a starting quality slot corner.

We won't be getting any comp picks next year because comp picks are offset by the signings you bring in and we are bringing in much bigger replacements then we are losing. Remember, for years we were told we couldn't give out big contracts because we wouldn't get comp picks back. 
Reply/Quote
Dennard taking a low contract has nothing to do with wanting out of here. It is just his market value.

He may have really wanted out of here, but we have no idea how much the Bengals offered him.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I saw where Fejedelem signed with Dolphins.

Any news on any other being signed or wooed?

You should probably send your Vigil thread to the other 31 teams so they finally realize they are missing out on a complete STUD at LB.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:40 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: You should probably send your Vigil thread to the other 31 teams so they finally realize they are missing out on a complete STUD at LB.

No need for that.  I did not create those numbers.  They were already out there.  I just pointed them out.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 12:51 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He's a Brown family fan in general. He loves talking about Paul Brown and football.

Back when BB tied Paul Brown in wins, he showed up to the stadium dressed like Paul Brown.

Exactly. I get the sense that Bill just respects Paul Brown and football history, not necessarily anything Mike Brown has done. How could he?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
John Miller signed by the Panthers 1 yr $4 million

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

With that low of a contract, I'd say 7th round comp., 6th if they're lucky..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: An adult.

Just curious why you feel the need to personally insult Dennard.  Seems kind of childish when he has done nothing to deserve it.

WhoDey2  So am I. How in the hell can you twist somebody getting their feelings hurt into a personal insult.

You're just making shit up to argue.  Leave me alone.

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:46 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  So am I. How in the hell can you twist somebody getting their feelings hurt into a personal insult.

I don't think "all his little feelers" were hurt at all.  I think he just wanted a chance to play outside.  That is usually the way an adult would see it.
Reply/Quote
Aw man there goes my trivia. Is there any chance we can get the OP to update the original thread with the players that have moved on?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think "all his little feelers" were hurt at all.  I think he just wanted a chance to play outside.  That is usually the way an adult would see it.

WhoDey2 Funny. That's exactly what I said, with the addition of a little humor about his "feelers". Now I feel better about this because I can see humor eludes you because there's no number's involved...

OK Fred. All is forgiven... ThumbsUp  

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
Andrew Billings just signed with the Browns.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote