Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any news on Dennard?
Has anyone heard anything about how he is progressing or when he'll be back? I remember them saying he "tweaked" his ankle, but that was a couple weeks ago. I just tried a search, but didn't find anything new or relevant.
Reply/Quote
Feel like they've been really quiet on him and Kroft both. Not sure I like it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Feel like they've been really quiet on him and Kroft both. Not sure I like it.

I found an article that said Hobson expects Kroft back for the opener (that that for what it is worth), but no mention of Dennard at all.  If they are not even talking about him, that can't be a good sign.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:08 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I found an article that said Hobson expects Kroft back for the opener (that that for what it is worth), but no mention of Dennard at all.  If they are not even talking about him, that can't be a good sign.

Is that the same article that said Eifert was aiming for the opener too? Right before it became known he is now aiming for week 4-6?

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is that the same article that said Eifert was aiming for the opener too? Right before it became known he is now aiming for week 4-6?

No, this was from just a few hours ago.  Not sure why, but it's not letting me post the link...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:18 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: No, this was from just a few hours ago.  Not sure why, but it's not letting me post the link...

Well at least hopefully he'll stay on target for return. Once AJ went down, the WR/TE group yesterday looked pretty pathetic when it was 1s vs 1s. They need all the help they can get, because they can't keep expecting Gio/Hill to be their only two productive pass catchers if AJ goes down.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Well at least hopefully he'll stay on target for return. Once AJ went down, the WR/TE group yesterday looked pretty pathetic when it was 1s vs 1s. They need all the help they can get, because they can't keep expecting Gio/Hill to be their only two productive pass catchers if AJ goes down.

I read an article a week or 2 back that interviewed him and said he will be back week 1. Said he could play now but the plan is to have him back for week 1. Bengals are just extra cautious during preseason as we have a veteran laden team. No reason to risk anything. 
Reply/Quote
I read something where he was on the rehab field last week with 4 other players.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
According to this, he's planning to be ready for Week One.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
See ya next season, Dennard. Hopefully they bunk you and Eifert next to each other at the hospital.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
What is it with this team and it's string of bad luck with first round corners?

Honestly, the secondary concerns me quite a bit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:46 PM)Big Boss Wrote: What is it with this team and it's string of bad luck with first round corners?  

Honestly, the secondary concerns me quite a bit.

With all the new faces,the injuries and this upcoming schedule,I am seeing about 9 and 7.Hoping for more.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:24 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: With all the new faces,the injuries and this upcoming schedule,I am seeing about 9 and 7.Hoping for more.

My consensus as well.  I don't trust the Bengals medical staff and we have one more preseason game left to play.  Common sense says none of the Ones should play Thursday, and hoping that none of the backups get hurt as well.  Ravens looked good against Detroit so 9-7 may mean a playoff miss.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:24 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: With all the new faces,the injuries and this upcoming schedule,I am seeing about 9 and 7.Hoping for more.

(08-29-2016, 07:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: My consensus as well.  I don't trust the Bengals medical staff and we have one more preseason game left to play.  Common sense says none of the Ones should play Thursday, and hoping that none of the backups get hurt as well.  Ravens looked good against Detroit so 9-7 may mean a playoff miss.

Eh.. they haven't lost Andy, AJ, Whit, Bernard, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Burfict, or Adam. So for now I am sticking with my 11-5 predictions (10-6 if the Texans start TJ Yates, lol).

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eh.. they haven't lost Andy, AJ, Whit, Bernard, Atkins, Dunlap, MJ, Burfict, or Adam.

Eh..  so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:37 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: I read an article a week or 2 back that interviewed him and said he will be back week 1. Said he could play now but the plan is to have him back for week 1. Bengals are just extra cautious during preseason as we have a veteran laden team. No reason to risk anything. 

That was two weeks ago and the guy has not even been practicing from what I can find.  If he were ready to go, he would be participating in both practice and preseason games.  The team is looking dangerously thin at cornerback right now.  It's also not like he is a ten year vet... the guy has not seen that much playing time in the three years he has been here.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 05:01 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Has anyone heard anything about how he is progressing or when he'll be back?  I remember them saying he "tweaked" his ankle, but that was a couple weeks ago.  I just tried a search, but didn't find anything new or relevant.

just that he plans to be back by week 1 of the season
Reply/Quote