Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Any news on chase?
Has anyone heard whether he might play this week against Steelers?

Thanks!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 06:53 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Has anyone heard whether he might play this week against Steelers?

Thanks!

He will not. Realistic target date is December 4th. Maybe next week. As of right now, he is still walking with crutches. 
Reply/Quote
Thought so and don't want him to push it either. Make sure he is 100% or close to it.

Just nice that Reader might play Sunday honestly.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 06:56 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He will not. Realistic target date is December 4th. Maybe next week. As of right now, he is still walking with crutches. 

I figured he play against Tennessee. I know he would've been forced to miss Tennessee if they put him on IR. Not good if he is still on crutches.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 07:00 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I figured he play against Tennessee. I know he would've been forced to miss Tennessee if they put him on IR. Not good if he is still on crutches.

Why? The point of the crutches is so that he's putting as little strain as possible so the bone can heal as fast as possible. If it was already healed he'd be playing. Seems like he's still right on target with the expectation, given no new info has been provided.
Reply/Quote
Not to mention the investigation into the leak! Haven't heard much about that. Or the doctor who got reprimanded for posting it on Reddit 30 minutes before the team did. Should have been sacked imo. Looking forward to the report: "(Something about...) doctor-patient confidentiality, billion-dollar organizations and the social media police." Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 07:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought so and don't want him to push it either. Make sure he is 100% or close to it.

Just nice that Reader might play Sunday honestly.

Agree completely and have no idea why he was not put on the IR at the beginning. 

He is not a player we want to put at risk trying to bring back a game early

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 07:31 PM)TheFan Wrote: Why? The point of the crutches is so that he's putting as little strain as possible so the bone can heal as fast as possible. If it was already healed he'd be playing. Seems like he's still right on target with the expectation, given no new info has been provided.

Yeah... The guy played a game and a half on that hip. He can definitely walk and run right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don’t think Chase will be back before the Chief’s game.When he does return,he’ll likely be limited.We’ll be playing the Chiefs at home,and it sure would be nice to have him back then.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 09:58 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I don’t think Chase will be back before the Chief’s game.When he does return,he’ll likely be limited.We’ll be playing the Chiefs at home,and it sure would be nice to have him back then.

Why do you hate the space bar? I have to know!

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/fox19joe/status/1592235212033134592?s=46&t=s4aNrJPibILveAeby_UYjg
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 11:20 PM)Trademark Wrote: https://twitter.com/fox19joe/status/1592235212033134592?s=46&t=s4aNrJPibILveAeby_UYjg

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Any-news-on-chase
Reply/Quote
Was there any kind of procedure done on Chase or is it just staying off of it and letting it heal type of thing ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 02:08 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Was there any kind of procedure done on Chase or is it just staying off of it and letting it heal type of thing ?

Bingo.

That's why he's still on crutches.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't expect Chase back until some time in December anyway.

Chase is too young and good to rush back foolishly. Plus if the NFL is now suppose to be more concerned about concussions and injuries, then the NFL should back that up. I do not want to see Chase out there limping around and risking even worse injury to himself.

The Bengals have enough weapons to win without Chase until he is healthy. They proved that winning their last game. Bengals will have to run Mixon and Perine more, but to me that is a good thing. Get the running backs the ball more. This team was getting way to pass happy in it's loss to Cleveland. Pound the rock with Mixon and Perine and that should open up Higgins, Boyd and Hurst on pass plays.

Do not bring Chase back if he is limping around. We should want Chase here for many years. Do not turn him into damaged goods in just his second season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2022, 03:21 AM)kevin Wrote: I didn't expect Chase back until some time in December anyway.  

Chase is too young and good to rush back foolishly.  Plus if the NFL is now suppose to be more concerned about concussions and injuries, then the NFL should back that up.  I do not want to see Chase out there limping around and risking even worse injury to himself.  

The Bengals have enough weapons to win without Chase until he is healthy.  They proved that winning their last game.  Bengals will have to run Mixon and Perine more, but to me that is a good thing.  Get the running backs the ball more. This team was getting way to pass happy in it's loss to Cleveland.  Pound the rock with Mixon and Perine and that should open up Higgins, Boyd and Hurst on pass plays.

Do not bring Chase back if he is limping around.  We should want Chase here for many years. Do not turn him into damaged goods in just his second season.

I agree with this.  Plus, I REALLY don't trust the Steelers not to try to reinjure him.  Tennessee game or later is when I want to see him.
Reply/Quote
I’m dealing with a hip issue also and if it’s a fracture I read you should not be load bearing for a period of time (4-6 weeks). Following doctors orders I’d guess. Too bad my hip doctor is scheduled after having 9 months of pain. Typical healthcare for a non sports player.
Reply/Quote
I hope he has a fast full recovery. I won’t forget how bad he torched us last year.
Reply/Quote
Thanks to everyone for these updates.

I agree about being careful with this young man but it’s killing my fantasy team! LOL!
Reply/Quote
They had a sports medicine doctor on Sirius yesterday. He said what Chase has (he called it a bone bruise, I heard elsewhere it was a hairline fracture) is a 6 week injury. He said if they play him earlier than that, they risk it being a long term injury.
Reply/Quote