Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of you listen to Locked on Bengals Podcast?
I've been following both guys prior to them taking over the podcast a few months ago and they are very objective and keep things real. Love some of the guests as well like the dude who was very knowledgable on the salary cap. I'm always discussing things on twitter with both hosts (goodberry and Jake) so it's kinda cool to in a way be a part of it all.

What do you guys think or do you even know that it exists?
Reply/Quote
I work nights, and it is the first thing I listen to when I get to work. Very honest assessments of the Bengals. They are long suffering Bengals' fans just like the rest of us, and do not sugarcoat some of the stupidity of the Bengals ownership.
One point in particular that they made is about Booby Hart, they were willing to concede that maybe he could develop into and average R.T., but that is his ceiling, which here lies the problem, every team with a above average DE will exploit this weakness. You have to have above average players at all key positions on the line. LT, RT, and C.
When they draft a QB with their first pick and try to play him behind this line, the results will be predetermined. Draft the highest rated OL with your first pick. This is how you start to fix this team.
Reply/Quote
I should listen to it because both guys are good but I just can't handle goodberry and his Dalton hate/ draft 2 million QBs until we find one weekly rants.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 02:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I should listen to it because both guys are good but I just can't handle goodberry and his Dalton hate/ draft 2 million QBs until we find one weekly rants.

He offers some nice analysis and they run a good show, but you are right about the Dalton hate and the preoccupation with drafting a QB now.

Worth listening to though
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have to agree, we need to draft a QB soon. And Dalton isn’t bad, but he isn’t great either. I feel Dalton is a big reason Green never makes HOF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:57 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I have to agree, we need to draft a QB soon. And Dalton isn’t bad, but he isn’t great either. I feel Dalton is a big reason Green never makes HOF.

Well according to Mike Brown this kind of is a make or break season for Dalton but who knows.  I've been saying it's been a make or break season for him for several seasons and he's always back with full support of team and the team doesn't draft anyone.

If Haskins falls, we should grab him, if not, i don't feel another QB is worthy at 11.

The podcast is a good one, regardless of how you feel about the their QB critique. 
Reply/Quote
Since Jake Liscow and Joe Goodberry took over for James Rapien Locked on Bengals has been great. Joe is very active in the draft season and that is a big appeal to me because I'm also a draft nerd...and that's The Real Deal Wink.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:57 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I have to agree, we need to draft a QB soon. And Dalton isn’t bad, but he isn’t great either. I feel Dalton is a big reason Green never makes HOF.

I think QB should be thought about next Draft. There are a couple good QB's in this draft but you never know. All of them could bust, bad class for QB's, the only one that looks special to me is Murray but he is small and has had weird interviews.

(04-06-2019, 06:43 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Well according to Mike Brown this kind of is a make or break season for Dalton but who knows.  I've been saying it's been a make or break season for him for several seasons and he's always back with full support of team and the team doesn't draft anyone.

If Haskins falls, we should grab him, if not, i don't feel another QB is worthy at 11.

The podcast is a good one, regardless of how you feel about the their QB critique. 

One year of production with Haskins and is not a good passer when his feet are not set and he is not the most accurate deep ball passer...

Sounds like Dalton according to you over the years Cornerblitz.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 10:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think QB should be thought about next Draft. There are a couple good QB's in this draft but you never know. All of them could bust, bad class for QB's, the only one that looks special to me is Murray but he is small and has had weird interviews.

One year of production with Haskins and is not a good passer when his feet are not set and he is not the most accurate deep ball passer...

Sounds like Dalton according to you over the years Cornerblitz.
I'm not advocating that we should draft a QB as I think one of the blue-chip guys on defense (Both Devins, Ed Oliver) would be hard to pass up but if we expect the Bengals to take a leap under Zac Taylor, when is the time to draft a QB? The only way you should expect the Bengals to be in the race for a QB next year is if the team turns into a dumpster fire. There's too much talent on the roster for them to go 3-13. Dalton alone gives us 5 or 6 at least. Unless we're banking on a Russell Wilson being there in the 3rd. I actually think a guy like Will Grier might give that type of value there.

So if Haskins falls at 11 I think they should pull the trigger as that might be the last chance to draft a blue chip QB. If Daniel Jones is there in the 2nd I think they definitely would take that chance if ZT likes him enough.

And I understand the flaws with Haskins, but I think there's more of a chance you can correct his problems than you can a 31-year-old QB. Even if Haskins turns out to be a slightly better version of Dalton, I don't think that's a terrible pick. Plus you have his rookie contract to take advantage of and we all know the recent trend of teams having QBs on rookie contracts so they can use the cap space to make a run for a SB.
Reply/Quote
QB should be looked at like any other position. Grade the players and draft accordingly. Geez, the Pats drafted Garp in round 2 will their HOF QB in his prime.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 01:32 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I've been following both guys prior to them taking over the podcast a few months ago and they are very objective and keep things real.  Love some of the guests as well like the dude who was very knowledgable on the salary cap.  I'm always discussing things on twitter with both hosts (goodberry and Jake) so it's kinda cool to in a way be a part of it all.  

What do you guys think or do you even know that it exists?

I listen to it on long drives or when I can, sometimes a few times a week. I really can't stand Jakes voice (sounds really whiny to me) but I put up with it cause they are very objective and really know their stuff. I will say I like the BBP better and will listen to that pretty much within a day or two of when it comes out. I like the fact that Paul and Fletcher or more connected but I do wish they would ask tougher questions to Bengals front office when given the opportunity. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 10:54 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I'm not advocating that we should draft a QB as I think one of the blue-chip guys on defense (Both Devins, Ed Oliver) would be hard to pass up but if we expect the Bengals to take a leap under Zac Taylor, when is the time to draft a QB? The only way you should expect the Bengals to be in the race for a QB next year is if the team turns into a dumpster fire. There's too much talent on the roster for them to go 3-13. Dalton alone gives us 5 or 6 at least. Unless we're banking on a Russell Wilson being there in the 3rd. I actually think a guy like Will Grier might give that type of value there.

So if Haskins falls at 11 I think they should pull the trigger as that might be the last chance to draft a blue chip QB. If Daniel Jones is there in the 2nd I think they definitely would take that chance if ZT likes him enough.

And I understand the flaws with Haskins, but I think there's more of a chance you can correct his problems than you can a 31-year-old QB. Even if Haskins turns out to be a slightly better version of Dalton, I don't think that's a terrible pick. Plus you have his rookie contract to take advantage of and we all know the recent trend of teams having QBs on rookie contracts so they can use the cap space to make a run for a SB.

According to Charlie Casserly,he just said Saturday that Drew Lock from Duke was the most pro ready to play in the nfl and is super smart,can make plays with his legs and would be an excellent pick.He said out of all the qbs being talked about that Drew Lock was the most advanced to start right away in the pros.Just sayin and I would like to see ZT grab this guy in the second.Someone will if not US. :andy:
Reply/Quote
I enjoy it. Goodberry does have a bias against Dalton, but he also does bring up some issues with him people tend to overlook. Granted, almost every person has a bias, and it's not extreme by any means. But he tends to give passes on players he really likes.

But other than that, I really enjoy he and Jake's discussions.

John Sheeran is also a fun person to follow on Twitter
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
To be honest, I had never heard of it until I read this thread.
I listened to it last night and thought it was good
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 06:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I enjoy it. Goodberry does have a bias against Dalton, but he also does bring up some issues with him people tend to overlook. Granted, almost every person has a bias, and it's not extreme by any means. But he tends to give passes on players he really likes.

But other than that, I really enjoy he and Jake's discussions.

John Sheeran is also a fun person to follow on Twitter

Which is why he is NOT objective.  He's a fan with an opinion.  There's nothing wrong with that.....but I think it's kinda crazy when people cite him on here as the gospel.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2019, 09:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: Which is why he is NOT objective.  He's a fan with an opinion.  There's nothing wrong with that.....but I think it's kinda crazy when people cite him on here as the gospel.  

I agree. Not a fan
Reply/Quote