Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any players in the USFL worth looking at?
(06-13-2022, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, corrected that with Case Cookus in my other post. I like him and Kyle Sloter if he can quit turning the ball over.

I think I like the New Orleans Breakers the most out of any team in the USFL. I like their passing game and how they play Defense.

Also like the Philly Stars with Cookus.

BTW, Scooby Wright got hurt and that is why you haven't seen/heard his name since then Truck.

From what I've watched, it's kinda hard to get a good read on the quarterbacks because the offensive lines look like ours in 2018. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 04:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: From what I've watched, it's kinda hard to get a good read on the quarterbacks because the offensive lines look like ours in 2018. LOL

True, been some pretty poor OL play across the board. But there is a reason Birmingham is still undefeated. Their OL has 
probably played better than anybody. We will see how well they play against New Orleans here next week in Canton. They 
played a week ago and it was close.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, been some pretty poor OL play across the board. But there is a reason Birmingham is still undefeated. Their OL has 
probably played better than anybody. We will see how well they play against New Orleans here next week in Canton. They 
played a week ago and it was close.

They lost on Saturday Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 05:19 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They lost on Saturday Wink

Thanks Truck, didn't know that. Who did they lose to?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Truck, didn't know that. Who did they lose to?

Houston!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Channing stribling and Will Likely are CB's that could come in a compete for that last spot. Chris Odom will probably get a shot somewhere. Donald Payne LB has looked good enough to get another shot at the NFL. Kyle Sloter or Jordan Ta'amu could compete with Brandon Allen.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 01:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also Josh Shaw our old Corner plays on some team and has been making a lot of plays.

What was the story with Shaw, and the end of his being a Bengal?  Did he battle injuries, or just failure to develop?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 11:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What was the story with Shaw, and the end of his being a Bengal?  Did he battle injuries, or just failure to develop?

He's had some injury history and some history being on the wrong side of the law. 

Josh Shaw (defensive back) - Wikipedia
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 06:31 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I usually can't get thru 3 minutes of the USFL. I was channel surfing last weekend and stopped on the Michigan/Philly game, I swear there were about 45 people in the stands. Nobody stood out to me. I don't think this time of year is good for football watching and the talent isn't there.

I think a big part of the problem with lack of people in the stands is all games are being played in Birmingham this season.
So the stadium is filling up more when the Birmingham Stallions play, but that's it.
I think that if this league makes it another season, we'll see more fans in the stands if/when they play their games within their actual cities.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 09:36 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Houston!

Ah, the Gamblers. Thanks again Truck. That is the thing about this league that I like. Anybody can beat anybody. 

Lots of close games that go down to the wire. I have only seen one blowout so far this season.

(06-14-2022, 11:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What was the story with Shaw, and the end of his being a Bengal?  Did he battle injuries, or just failure to develop?

He just left to Free Agency and went to the Cardinals. After that as BF74 said he did some dumb things.

Always liked Shaw as a player though and wanted him to stay here. But his off field problems seem to always creep back up.

(06-14-2022, 11:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's had some injury history and some history being on the wrong side of the law. 

Josh Shaw (defensive back) - Wikipedia

Thanks BF74. Shaw has had his troubles which is why I don't think this coaching staff would ever bring him back.
Reply/Quote