Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any position group you think is more or less of a need now?
For those of us who look into draft prospects throughout the whole year, we typically adjust our mocks based on the development of the current players or injuries by the end of the year.

Given that there are only three games left, are there any changes to the position groups that you see are now more or less of a need compared to going into the 2017 season?

Honestly, for me it's the same as it was.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Same. LT, C, DT, LB and S.
Reply/Quote
Oline, LB and Safety should be priorities.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Oline, LB and Safety should be priorities.

Has that changed at all from your priorities heading into the season?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
LB and Safety are on the tops of the list along with LT, RT, and C. Also 3T, TE, and DE are still an issue.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Has that changed at all from your priorities heading into the season?

I thought we were pretty good at LB and had DT as a higher need.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 03:21 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I thought we were pretty good at LB and had DT as a higher need.

We need a whole lot more SPEED at the LB spot. It's no wonder teams take advantage of that when they play us as much as possible....VinnY Rey is a backup at best. Vigil is probably a backup at best.... Burfict is the only real good LB we have. Minter is good but he was so so this year. I think Jordan Evans has a lot of potential. But we need to draft a stud LB early in the draft this year.....I like Josey Jewell....the kid can do it all....Plug him at MLB with Burfict and Evans. Draft another guy later on also.  We have been overvaluing some of our guys for YEARS now.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:48 PM)pulses Wrote: We need a whole lot more SPEED at the LB spot. It's no wonder teams take advantage of that when they play us as much as possible....VinnY Rey is a backup at best. Vigil is probably a backup at best.... Burfict is the only real good LB we have. Minter is good but he was so so this year. I think Jordan Evans has a lot of potential. But we need to draft a stud LB early in the draft this year.....I like Josey Jewell....the kid can do it all....Plug him at MLB with Burfict and Evans. Draft another guy later on also.  We have been overvaluing some of our guys for YEARS now.

I honestly think they go lb or safety top 10. Roquan Smith is the total package and a top 5 talent in this draft. And best part? Didn't miss a tackle all year.
Reply/Quote
The same for me. Lt rg c rg rt s lb wr cb
Reply/Quote
Well besides the glaringly obvious groups of OL and Secondary, I would put the second tier needs as LB, WR, and DT. They say that in order to be tough versus the run, you need to be strong up the middle. With Billings being essentially a rookie this year, it's tough to say if he's the answer at NT, Geno is going to require a mega deal, so DT should be a draft priority. Burfict is still in his prime, but it's becoming evident that Vigil and Miner aren't the long term solution. The Safety position was a train wreck this season, and would in my opinion probably be our highest need after OL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 06:31 PM)Jpoore Wrote: The same for me. Lt rg c rg rt s lb wr cb

Did you mean to list RG twice?
And you don't see any need for a pass rushing DT?

Also, I'm surprised you list CB given how good WJ3 has been looking, Dennard has already been given his 5th year option (although that could be removed still before it takes affect), and KeiVarae Russell is still an unknown but was a mid-round pick in 2016 that had a lot of good traits and IMO was worthy of a mid-round pick. Or maybe you listed CB last just to add depth with the expectation of Jones's mutual option not being picked up.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The biggest surprise that has happened is this...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

We are now last in rush defense.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For those of us who look into draft prospects throughout the whole year, we typically adjust our mocks based on the development of the current players or injuries by the end of the year.

Given that there are only three games left, are there any changes to the position groups that you see are now more or less of a need compared to going into the 2017 season?

Honestly, for me it's the same as it was.

Shore up the lines on both sides of the ball. You can do what you want at your leisure when you can control the line.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 11:28 AM)Goalpost Wrote: The biggest surprise that has happened is this...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/position/defense

We are now last in rush defense.

We have Matador D!!! OLAY!!!!

[Image: NippyOddballCatfish-size_restricted.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
In no particular order; Center, Offensive Tackle, Offensive Guard, Defensive Tackle, Linebacker, Tight End, Safety. Possibly Quarterback, Cornerback, Wide Receiver, Running Back.

I think they are solid at Defensive End...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: In no particular order; Center, Offensive Tackle, Offensive Guard, Defensive Tackle, Linebacker, Tight End, Safety. Possibly Quarterback, Cornerback, Wide Receiver, Running Back.

I think they are solid at Defensive End...

Both Johnson and Dunlap are free agents and will be 30 or over in 2019. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Both Johnson and Dunlap are free agents and will be 30 or over in 2019. 

Agreed. At least a pick on Day 3 to groom because the Bengals should bring back Michael Johnson for another contract anyway.
Even if Willis and Lawson are the future, the defense will always get more pressure when there's more depth for a rotation.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 03:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. At least a pick on Day 3 to groom because the Bengals should bring back Michael Johnson for another contract anyway.
Even if Willis and Lawson are the future, the defense will always get more pressure when there's more depth for a rotation.

Agreed plus after watching the Steelers Vs Ravens game and the Superbowl last year if a team is going to throw the ball 60+ times against you then your Defense line will get tired. Best to continue to draft pass rushers.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Both Johnson and Dunlap are free agents and will be 30 or over in 2019. 

(12-12-2017, 03:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed. At least a pick on Day 3 to groom because the Bengals should bring back Michael Johnson for another contract anyway.

The thing about end it will be the one position group hard to earn a spot on the 53 in 2018. Dunlap Johnson Smith Willis and Lawson. If they moved on from Johnson early that would change things but I don't think it's likely.

Have to admit though the young edge guys are getting alot of snaps so we can't complain.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 11:07 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Did you mean to list RG twice?
And you don't see any need for a pass rushing DT?

Also, I'm surprised you list CB given how good WJ3 has been looking, Dennard has already been given his 5th year option (although that could be removed still before it takes affect), and KeiVarae Russell is still an unknown but was a mid-round pick in 2016 that had a lot of good traits and IMO was worthy of a mid-round pick. Or maybe you listed CB last just to add depth with the expectation of Jones's mutual option not being picked up.

One should Should have been lg. And no don't believe we even think about it till next year. Not to mention no dt this year is worth first round grade this year. Next year is the primo draft for dt next year which is why I would wait. Dennard hasn't played great. We're not gonna resign him more than likely. And with afam Jones likely gone that would leave us wjiij Russell and Shaw. And then who? I REALLY want Josh jackson. even if it takes a second. We need another top flight CB.
Reply/Quote