Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any thoughts about Teddy in 2019?
Bridgewater gets the start for New Orleans Sunday as they rest Brees. Could he be a viable backup/stopgap QB for the Bengals until they draft a future replacement for Dalton? He will be a free agent and don't know what he might command but he might be a decent option until the future QB draft crop improves. Also, he is somewhat a local kid so he could bring some additional energy.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 07:47 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Bridgewater gets the start for New Orleans Sunday as they rest Brees. Could he be a viable backup/stopgap QB for the Bengals until they draft a future replacement for Dalton? He will be a free agent and don't know what he might command but he might be a decent option until the future QB draft crop improves. Also, he is somewhat a local kid so he could bring some additional energy.

Wouldn't be against it. Always liked Teddy and he didn't turn the ball over much.
Reply/Quote
We wont have to think about this until Daltons contract is up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Methnks the QB FA market is going to be over-valued this year since the QB class of 2019 is so maligned and/or not going to the NFL. If Bridgewater does anything but implode I'd wager he starts fielding Matt Flynn-caliber offers, and we aren't in the market for a long-term FA QB.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is better than Bridgwater.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 08:21 PM)jason Wrote: Dalton is better than Bridgwater.

I agree, i was thinking of him more as a backup anyways.

Guess Driskel didn't play worth a damn against the Stains. Be a decent battle for the backup spot in camp with Teddy.
Reply/Quote
I think he ends up staying in New Orleans and becomes the starter once Brees leaves.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Can he block for himself too?

Honestly, free agent QB's RARELY switch teams and play well in Year 1. Rarely.

Look at guys like Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Case Keenum.

IF we do want to move on from Dalton...we're better off drafting a QB and having him on a rookie deal for 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 09:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can he block for himself too?

Honestly, free agent QB's RARELY switch teams and play well in Year 1. Rarely.

Look at guys like Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Case Keenum.

IF we do want to move on from Dalton...we're better off drafting a QB and having him on a rookie deal for 5 years.

Cousins has a passer rating of over 100, has passed for over 4000 yards, and has 30 total TDs.

What is your standard for playing well? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Black Bradford.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 08:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We wont have to think about this until Daltons contract is up.

Yeah, it's not like teams are beating down our door to acquire Dalton.

Reply/Quote
I'd give it a shot. If he wins the competition, great, we improve. If he doesn't, you have a very good backup and solid bargaining chip.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The last THREE years combined, he's 0-3, 1 INT.

If he shows up and stinks, he's not better than Dalton. If he shows up and is amazing, I don't know if you want to make a big money commitment for a tiny sample size Jimmy G-style. Not to mention that the same problems that Dalton had will still be here for Teddy. Who blocks for him?

If Teddy is great this week, he'll require more money than Dalton will make.

Keep in mind CASE KEENUM got 2yr/$36m last offseason with a $6m signing bonus and $25m fully guaranteed.
Meanwhile Dalton's contract has 2yr/#33.9m left on it, with $0 guaranteed.

If you want a bridge QB to the next QB, Dalton is honestly your best choice. Crazy inexpensive compared to the rest of the league and $0 guaranteed, so you can cut ties with him after 2019 and be out $0 in dead cap. You won't get that with Teddy if he performs great this week, and if he doesn't perform great, you probably don't want him. Lol

- - - - - - - - - - -
IMPORTANT REMINDER:
Teddy never threw more than 14 TDs in a season, never threw 3,300 yards, never had a QB rating of at least 90.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don’t think it’s wise to discuss the quarterback position until the offensive line issues are addressed.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 05:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t think it’s wise to discuss the quarterback position until the offensive line issues are addressed.

Indeed.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 05:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t think it’s wise to discuss the quarterback position until the offensive line issues are addressed.

And about half a dozen on defense.
Reply/Quote

Why is it not wise?  Fix both. 
Reply/Quote
Eh... I’m good. Bridgewater is just a rich mans Tyrod Taylor
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 12:12 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Why is it not wise?  Fix both. 

If we fix the O-line then we may not have to spend resources on a QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Eh... I’m good. Bridgewater is just a rich mans Tyrod Taylor

His style is nothing like Tyrod though? What are you trying to say here?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote