Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on Gilberry's injury
Can't find anything other than it was a "leg injury".

It could be a big deal if Johnson is out a while.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't find anything other than it was a "leg injury".

They're saying MJ was a MCL sprain, I hadn't heard anything about this yet.....when did this happen?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/jimowczarski/status/628203229386510336

Just a little hammy issue
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:07 AM)Stormborn Wrote: https://twitter.com/jimowczarski/status/628203229386510336

Just a little hammy issue

Shew!!!!! ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't find anything other than it was a "leg injury".

I think Gilberry's issue was with the hamstring.
Reply/Quote
I know this thread is on Gilberry so hopefully his injury has been disclosed (not serious).

I found it strange yesterday watching the hour coverage on NFL Network than Marvin Jones was in the WR drills, but then I did not see him in the 11 on 11 drills. I saw AJ, Sanu, Moore, Alford and a bunch of others, but no Jones. I also did not see or notice Greg Little, but maybe he has a new number.

Was MJ injured possibly?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm positive I read somewhere this morning that Marvin left practice for a bit but came back out to finish up. Trying to find where I read it but I can't. Didn't sound serious when I read it....or if it was just a dream it wasn't scarey to me.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:12 PM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: I'm positive I read somewhere this morning that Marvin left practice for a bit but came back out to finish up. Trying to find where I read it but I can't. Didn't sound serious when I read it....or if it was just a dream it wasn't scarey to me.

@pauldehnerjr: Marvin Jones not dressed today. Didn't sustain an injury, likely precautionary easing into contact.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:16 PM)Stormborn Wrote: @pauldehnerjr: Marvin Jones not dressed today. Didn't sustain an injury, likely precautionary easing into contact.

Lol guess they decided Marvin is glass during practice so best to keep him healthy for the games
Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones didn't participate at all today - leg soreness. Chalk it up to the guy getting his legs back to playing real football for the first time in a year. And, it was full pads. Better to be safe. Honestly, we'll get a better feel for all of that if/when they install red zone. If he's not out there during those drills, but only for solo one-on-ones, that'll say more than the team drills. They're really trying to find out who is going to fill out the bottom of the WR depth chart. They know Jones is on the team.

They held Eifert out of the 1-on-1 helmet smacking with the other tight ends v. linebackers, too.

Gilberry is a hammy. He told us yesterday he'd be fine, of course, so we'll just have to see how long he rests. Being it's a hammy, being that he's a veteran, I can see them letting him go for a few days longer than they normally would -- especially with Johnson being out for a bit. They'll need Gilberry.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:50 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Marvin Jones didn't participate at all today - leg soreness. Chalk it up to the guy getting his legs back to playing real football for the first time in a year. And, it was full pads. Better to be safe. Honestly, we'll get a better feel for all of that if/when they install red zone. If he's not out there during those drills, but only for solo one-on-ones, that'll say more than the team drills. They're really trying to find out who is going to fill out the bottom of the WR depth chart. They know Jones is on the team.

They held Eifert out of the 1-on-1 helmet smacking with the other tight ends v. linebackers, too.

Gilberry is a hammy. He told us yesterday he'd be fine, of course, so we'll just have to see how long he rests. Being it's a hammy, being that he's a veteran, I can see them letting him go for a few days longer than they normally would -- especially with Johnson being out for a bit. They'll need Gilberry.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:50 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Marvin Jones didn't participate at all today - leg soreness. Chalk it up to the guy getting his legs back to playing real football for the first time in a year. And, it was full pads. Better to be safe. Honestly, we'll get a better feel for all of that if/when they install red zone. If he's not out there during those drills, but only for solo one-on-ones, that'll say more than the team drills. They're really trying to find out who is going to fill out the bottom of the WR depth chart. They know Jones is on the team.

Great to have you here getting us a good scoop.....thanks.

Reply/Quote