Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on Ross
I was just curious if he is able to practice to help develop offensive chemistry at this point. We could really use the help.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I was just curious if he is able to practice to help develop offensive chemistry at this point. We could really use the help.

If I may speak on Marvin's behalf: *giggle* I'm *giggle* not a *giggle* doctor, *giggle, but when he's ready, *giggle*, he'll *giggle* play *giggle*. *LAUGH*
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If I may speak on Marvin's behalf: *giggle* When he's ready, *giggle*, he'll *giggle* play *giggle*.

You forgot "I'm not a doctor" giggle
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You forgot "I'm not a doctor" giggle

I fixed it.  :andy:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Last I heard they were expecting him to be ready to go again week 7 (after the bye)
Reply/Quote
Marvin said "he needs a lot of time", whatever that means.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-john-ross-needs-a-lot-of-time/
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 01:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I was just curious if he is able to practice to help develop offensive chemistry at this point. We could really use the help.

they aren't practicing this week.  we won't have any update until next Monday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 02:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Marvin said "he needs a lot of time", whatever that means.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-john-ross-needs-a-lot-of-time/

That is not assuring from a team that says players will be out a week or two yet miss the entire season. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That is not assuring from a team that says players will be out a week or two yet miss the entire season. 

I'm starting to think Ross's issues aren't only injury...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm starting to think Ross's issues aren't only injury...

What exactly do you mean by that ? 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm starting to think Ross's issues aren't only injury...

You think he's behind because he's been limited all through preseason and only played 5 snaps in the regular season? Or something else?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

No it's injury which is what makes this easily a top 5 worst Bengals pick ever.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Its not rookie struggles either.

The team is punishing him.

Why and for what, I do not know. But Ross is not injured.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You think he's behind because he's been limited all through preseason and only played 5 snaps in the regular season? Or something else?

I do. Switching coordinators two games into the season probably didn't help either. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Notice how the Bengals love to draft the first round pick who is injured at draft and basically misses a year, and when he's in his second year the excuse is... "Well its really his first year cause he didn't play last year"

Such a brilliant Bengals thing..
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: What exactly do you mean by that ? 

Dre Kirkpatrick syndrome......he'll be ready to contribute in about 3 years.
Reply/Quote
Please, I hope not.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Its not rookie struggles either.

The team is punishing him.

Why and for what, I do not know. But Ross is not injured.

Interesting theory. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

It is confusing especially earlier in year when he was healthy but fumbled after nice run and then just disappeared. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 04:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You think he's behind because he's been limited all through preseason and only played 5 snaps in the regular season? Or something else?

I honestly have no idea. Here's speculation:

IF I had to guess, based on just seeing him run reverses and getting yanked after a fumble...I'd think that he's having trouble learning the playbook and knowing where to be. Marvin's vague comment at the start of the thread about him needing a lot of practice time could be telling.

It could be other things too. Maybe he's not adjusting to NFL life well. Maybe he's missing easy passes. Maybe it's nerves. It's hard to say.

I really have no clue...but him getting yanked after his fumble and them relying on Erickson was strange. Then he gets injured right after that so he can't play??? Seems like they wanted to take him out of action for whatever reason.

Then again...maybe it's just the injuries although there was a report that he was sore and nothing structurally wrong.
Reply/Quote