Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on Ross
Bengals stated he should contribute by year 2020 if he stays healthy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 08:17 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Bengals stated he should contribute by year 2020 if he stays healthy

Hopefully there will be new coaches, etc. by then too. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Basically he won't be back to week 15 with a stained vagina. When will be completely out of contention which pisses me off
Reply/Quote
Talk about a stretch, good God. Lol
Reply/Quote
Ross is quickly entering the "ogblewie" list of high draft picks that are already injured and SUCK ass in the NFL. Why does this team continue to repeat this insane practice is beyond me...maybe Mike Brown just sinking deeper into senility
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 08:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I honestly have no idea. Here's speculation:

IF I had to guess, based on just seeing him run reverses and getting yanked after a fumble...I'd think that he's having trouble learning the playbook and knowing where to be. Marvin's vague comment at the start of the thread about him needing a lot of practice time could be telling.

It could be other things too. Maybe he's not adjusting to NFL life well. Maybe he's missing easy passes. Maybe it's nerves. It's hard to say.

I really have no clue...but him getting yanked after his fumble and them relying on Erickson was strange. Then he gets injured right after that so he can't play??? Seems like they wanted to take him out of action for whatever reason.

Then again...maybe it's just the injuries although there was a report that he was sore and nothing structurally wrong.

So you think he's another Jerome Simpson? Remember how Lap said Simpson basically had no clue what he was doing? He was basically useless for 1.5 years because he couldn't run routes properly and maybe didn't even know the playbook.

I sure hope that's not the issue, but it does seem fishy that he's been used mostly on reverses. He was praised for his route running in college, so I doubt it's that, but the size of the playbook could be a problem for him.

Or if could be a myriad of other things. Maybe falling asleep in meetings. Who knows? We could be overreacting.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you think he's another Jerome Simpson? Remember how Lap said Simpson basically had no clue what he was doing? He was basically useless for 1.5 years because he couldn't run routes properly and maybe didn't even know the playbook.

I sure hope that's not the issue, but it does seem fishy that he's been used mostly on reverses. He was praised for his route running in college, so I doubt it's that, but the size of the playbook could be a problem for him.

Or if could be a myriad of other things. Maybe falling asleep in meetings. Who knows? We could be overreacting.

Tyler Boyds comments about how overly complicated Zampese's offense was comes to mind.

Combine that with Ross not able to take part in OTAS because of the silly NFL rules and then very little practice in training camp. Throw in a coordinator switch 2 games into the season. I think all that has alot to do with Ross riding the pine.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 07:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Interesting theory. 

It's not so much a theory as it is an observation. 

There's certain Bengal users I follow on Instagram, and a couple of them have been preaching that Ross is not actually hurt since the Houston game ended. I have no clue who these users are but I believe they are tied closely to the organization somehow. They are followed by a lot of high profile Bengal players, and several of those players "liked" an image where they ranted on how the team was f***ing Ross over.

I was very skeptical at first but the longer this draws out and the more Marv says on the subject... I now fully believe Marv is keeping Ross out for reasons that aren't being reported
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Tyler Boyds comments about how overly complicated Zampese's offense was comes to mind.

Combine that with Ross not able to take part in OTAS because of the silly NFL rules and then very little practice in training camp. Throw in a coordinator switch 2 games into the season. I think all that has alot to do with Ross riding the pine.

I think you're right, but Ross is the speed guy meant to take the top off the D. How hard is it to learn: Just run as fast as you can toward the end zone.....Deep fade/corner/post.....that's it. Even if he can't grasp the whole thing, just running those 3 routes 10-15 times a game would be enough for now.
Reply/Quote
They need to either IR him or get him in games. He does nothing for us not playing (which will be how many first rounders now we get nothing out of in their rookie seasons?).
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:31 PM)Synric Wrote: Tyler Boyds comments about how overly complicated Zampese's offense was comes to mind.

Fair enough points.

(10-12-2017, 11:47 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I think you're right, but Ross is the speed guy meant to take the top off the D. How hard is it to learn: Just run as fast as you can toward the end zone.....Deep fade/corner/post.....that's it. Even if he can't grasp the whole thing, just running those 3 routes 10-15 times a game would be enough for now.

Also fair enough. Even if he's just a decoy it could help the offense. LaFell looks washed up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:03 AM)Joelist Wrote: They need to either IR him or get him in games. He does nothing for us not playing (which will be how many first rounders now we get nothing out of in their rookie seasons?).

Andre Smith
Kirkpatrick
Dennard
WJax
Ogbuehi
Palmer
Chris Perry
Keith Rivers (Hines broke his jaw in 7th game)
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 08:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I honestly have no idea. Here's speculation:

IF I had to guess, based on just seeing him run reverses and getting yanked after a fumble...I'd think that he's having trouble learning the playbook and knowing where to be. Marvin's vague comment at the start of the thread about him needing a lot of practice time could be telling.

It could be other things too. Maybe he's not adjusting to NFL life well. Maybe he's missing easy passes. Maybe it's nerves. It's hard to say.

I really have no clue...but him getting yanked after his fumble and them relying on Erickson was strange. Then he gets injured right after that so he can't play??? Seems like they wanted to take him out of action for whatever reason.

Then again...maybe it's just the injuries although there was a report that he was sore and nothing structurally wrong.

Lewis has come out and stated what he meant
Marvin Lewis Wrote:“He’s not been out with the football team enough,” Lewis said Monday. “He needs a lot of time and a lot of practice. That’s important. That’s probably as important than getting back healthy where he can begin to practice football again. He needs that. We have to get back to that point first.”
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/10/12/walkthru-cincinnati-bengals-not-trading-jeremy-hill-injury-update/757272001/

So there we go. It's because he's missed so much time to this point that he simply needs to practice in full for awhile before he can see the field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Did anyone hear Lazor's comments with Lap? Interview was replayed on the Mo Egger show.

Lazor was asked what roll Ross would play this year. It was the biggest non-answer I have ever heard. This gives me the impression we may not see Ross again this year. You can hear the interview hear.

Bengals Game Plan: Week 6
Starts at minute 21:16
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/71-Cincinnati-Bengals-Football-28195525/
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:52 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: LaFell looks washed up.

I know that must have hurt to write.

(10-13-2017, 01:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Andre Smith
Kirkpatrick
Dennard
WJax
Ogbuehi
Palmer
Chris Perry
Keith Rivers (Hines broke his jaw in 7th game)

I was looking at first round pick rookie seasons because of this list and I forgot that Leon Hall had 5 INT his rookie season, and JJo had 20 Pdef, but just the worst stone hands ever... 20 Pdef, 0 INT. Lol

It's a shame Leon Hall's achilles just suddenly gave up on him, and he didn't play for a more popular team. 18 INT, 71 Pdef, 5 FF is a hell of a first four years for a CB. Dude had back-to-back 24 Pdef seasons, and then 11 the next year because they simply didn't want to throw into his coverage. Yet ZERO Pro Bowls.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was under the impression that he was the most complete WR in the draft, so I don't see how him not grasping the fundamentals would keep him out when other teams have success with less polished WRs. I don't see how it can be anything other than injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you think he's another Jerome Simpson? Remember how Lap said Simpson basically had no clue what he was doing? He was basically useless for 1.5 years because he couldn't run routes properly and maybe didn't even know the playbook.

Yeah...I really have no clue...but it seems like they are 'hiding' something by only running reverses.

It could totally be medical.

It's really hard to say.

As the year goes on, IF he doesn't start playing then I think that will lead more towards the other stuff going on speculation.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It's not so much a theory as it is an observation. 

There's certain Bengal users I follow on Instagram, and a couple of them have been preaching that Ross is not actually hurt since the Houston game ended. I have no clue who these users are but I believe they are tied closely to the organization somehow. They are followed by a lot of high profile Bengal players, and several of those players "liked" an image where they ranted on how the team was f***ing Ross over.

I was very skeptical at first but the longer this draws out and the more Marv says on the subject... I now fully believe Marv is keeping Ross out for reasons that aren't being reported

That's my gut feeling. I don't think he's injured as last I heard there was no structural damage and he was sore.

We have to be the worst team in the NFL at getting value from our 1st Round picks in Year 1.

PM me some of these Instagram accounts. I'd like to follow them.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 10:09 AM)treee Wrote: I was under the impression that he was the most complete WR in the draft, so I don't see how him not grasping the fundamentals would keep him out when other teams have success with less polished WRs. I don't see how it can be anything other than injury.

Yeah. Practice or not...dress him and let him run deep 10-15 times a game.

He has to be better than Erickson and Lafell at getting separation.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 10:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's my gut feeling. I don't think he's injured as last I heard there was no structural damage and he was sore.

We have to be the worst team in the NFL at getting value from our 1st Round picks in Year 1.

PM me some of these Instagram accounts. I'd like to follow them.

Me too... Unless its Zim_Whodey lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote