Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on Ross
(10-13-2017, 10:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah. Practice or not...dress him and let him run deep 10-15 times a game.

He has to be better than Erickson and Lafell at getting separation.

Exactly. I was saying the same thing about Jerome Simpson back in the day. The whole thing with Ross just doesn't make sense. Part of me thinks there's something personal going on. Maybe Ross and Marv had a disagreement of sorts. Maybe Marv is still shell-shocked that Ross fumbled his first ever NFL touch and doesn't have the ballz to let him try again (because Lamar Hunt became complete shit after his first carry, right?  Whatever )

Absolutely none of it makes any sense. But I won't hesitate to chalking it up to Marv just being a complete idiot once again.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:20 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Exactly. I was saying the same thing about Jerome Simpson back in the day. The whole thing with Ross just doesn't make sense. Part of me thinks there's something personal going on. Maybe Ross and Marv had a disagreement of sorts. Maybe Marv is still shell-shocked that Ross fumbled his first ever NFL touch and doesn't have the ballz to let him try again (because Lamar Hunt became complete shit after his first carry, right?  Whatever )

Absolutely none of it makes any sense. But I won't hesitate to chalking it up to Marv just being a complete idiot once again.  

After that game he hurt his knee in practice on a Wednesday.  or reaggervated it...  so they probly taking it slow to make sure when he comes back he can stay active.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:20 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Exactly. I was saying the same thing about Jerome Simpson back in the day. The whole thing with Ross just doesn't make sense. Part of me thinks there's something personal going on. Maybe Ross and Marv had a disagreement of sorts. Maybe Marv is still shell-shocked that Ross fumbled his first ever NFL touch and doesn't have the ballz to let him try again (because Lamar Hunt became complete shit after his first carry, right?  Whatever )

Kareem
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is a weird situation. If he's having problems with the playbook, that will suck. It took Jerome awhile too.

I feel there has to be more than just injuries playing a role here. As others have mentioned, we do a very poor job of getting production out of our first round picks. With how Lafell and Boyd are playing, I say go ahead and throw Core, Malone, and Ross out there every game. Core is another complete mystery. The team kept raving about how he was the most improved player in camp, but he gets maybe a handful of snaps a game. There's something not right with our receiving corps at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 11:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you think he's another Jerome Simpson? Remember how Lap said Simpson basically had no clue what he was doing? He was basically useless for 1.5 years because he couldn't run routes properly and maybe didn't even know the playbook.

I sure hope that's not the issue, but it does seem fishy that he's been used mostly on reverses. He was praised for his route running in college, so I doubt it's that, but the size of the playbook could be a problem for him.

Or if could be a myriad of other things. Maybe falling asleep in meetings. Who knows? We could be overreacting.

Id say that is likely the correct answer. It sucks that he's hurt, but let's give the kid a chance to get healthy and practice. He's a rookie and it's week 6, people here seriously need to calm down about him. After reading this thread you'd think he was a 5 year vet that's played 5 snaps his entire career smh
Reply/Quote
Everyone wants Ross to play so badly because the other WRs besides AJ Green have been getting such horrid production.
What I think irritates me more is not activating Josh Malone when he's been healthy this whole time.
He also has take-off-the-top speed (4.40) but also size, leaping ability, and hands.
I get that he might be somewhat raw coming out of college but he has to have grasped something by now...right?
What the heck is not not able to grasp to even be active?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I'm pretty hard on Marvin, but if he's too into NOT playing rookies I'd say some people on this message board are way too into shaking things up.  2 weeks ago we wanted to bench Dalton and see what McCarron could do/and or we were lamenting that we didn't have a healthy Driskell to throw out there for some reason...2 weeks later we're calling Dalton a top 10 QB and declaring our season and offense to be saved.

But now we want to put Core, Malone, and/or Ross out there.  Is the season over or not?  Again, I don't want to seem like I have too much faith in this coaching staff, but just throwing brand new players onto the field for the hell of it is something the Browns have been doing for decades.  The sad truth of it is that a lot of the WRs we've drafted outside of AJ just aren't that good.  It's too early to write some of them off, sure, but just throwing them out there when we are still i contention for the division?  Nah.
Reply/Quote
Malone is more of a split end like AJ green. makes it harder having 2 on the field. he does look good when hes in the field though. Ross is probably still hurt like half his time in college. the little ive seen from him im definitely not impressed. i know he ran a 4.2 but he doesnt look it like Hill displays it.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 09:47 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Did anyone hear Lazor's comments with Lap?  Interview was replayed on the Mo Egger show.

Lazor was asked what roll Ross would play this year.  It was the biggest non-answer I have ever heard.  This gives me the impression we may not see Ross again this year.  You can hear the interview hear.

Bengals Game Plan: Week 6
Starts at minute 21:16
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/71-Cincinnati-Bengals-Football-28195525/

I think at some point he will be back in a limited role though, then again maybe not at all. Sounded like Lazor was saying he has missed too much time to be fully integrated into the offense physically and mentally. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:48 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I think at some point he will be back in a limited role though, then again maybe not at all. Sounded like Lazor was saying he has missed too much time to be fully integrated into the offense physically and mentally. 

Is it possible that Ken Zampese pounded the table to get John Ross for his Offense and now Lazor wants to use bigger receivers more often who can block for his offense ?
Reply/Quote
what's up with Erickson. He seems to get catches for the amount of snaps plays. Maybe he should play some on the outside.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:23 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Kareem

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I was gonna fix it but its better if I don't. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:13 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I was gonna fix it but its better if I don't. 

Would have been even more amusing if you had said Margus rofl
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would have been even more amusing if you had said Margus rofl

Haha with the way my head was working this morning I'm surprised I didn't 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 09:54 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I know that must have hurt to write.

Not really. I was big on LaFell as a stopgap for 2016. I was indifferent to bringing him back in 2017. I wanted Ross to take the job. Now THAT one hurts.

We could desperately use what Ross was supposed to be, but it's starting to look like he won't be much of a contributor this year.

(10-13-2017, 11:37 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Id say that is likely the correct answer. It sucks that he's hurt, but let's give the kid a chance to get healthy and practice. He's a rookie and it's week 6, people here seriously need to calm down about him. After reading this thread you'd think he was a 5 year vet that's played 5 snaps his entire career smh

Yeah I'm disappointed in the (lack of) early returns and it's fair to be frustrated right now, but you have to keep things in perspective. He could wind up beasting. Not a good start though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 11:27 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: It is a weird situation. If he's having problems with the playbook, that will suck. It took Jerome awhile too.

I feel there has to be more than just injuries playing a role here. As others have mentioned, we do a very poor job of getting production out of our first round picks. With how Lafell and Boyd are playing, I say go ahead and throw Core, Malone, and Ross out there every game. Core is another complete mystery. The team kept raving about how he was the most improved player in camp, but he gets maybe a handful of snaps a game. There's something not right with our receiving corps at the moment.
Is it the asst. coach for WRs that determines who plays, or is it know everything about everything Marvin making that determination?

Something is definitely wrong, as in fishy, with who's playing WR and who's not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 02:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Marvin said "he needs a lot of time", whatever that means.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/bengals-john-ross-needs-a-lot-of-time/

Coming from the guy that has had, what, 15 years to learn how to run a hurry up offense?  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 09:47 AM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Did anyone hear Lazor's comments with Lap?  Interview was replayed on the Mo Egger show.

Lazor was asked what roll Ross would play this year.  It was the biggest non-answer I have ever heard.  This gives me the impression we may not see Ross again this year.  You can hear the interview hear.

Bengals Game Plan: Week 6
Starts at minute 21:16
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/71-Cincinnati-Bengals-Football-28195525/

Another interesting part is the 26:00-28:00 mark when he talks about adjustments. Kind of makes me think that--even though i'm not Marv fan by any stretch--when he said halftime adjustments are a media creation, that he means (sarcastically) waiting till halftime then making some groundbreaking adjustment is the made up part, since Lazor talked about how they adjust throughout the game. 

Just food for thought. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 10:58 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Basically he won't be back to week 15 with a stained vagina. When will be completely out of contention which pisses me off

Stained?

Did you mean strained? 

And the support you give this guy after just 5 weeks is amazing.  I hope you and every other individual crapping on this guy eats a ton of crow when he starts doing what he is capable of and what he was brought here to do.
Reply/Quote

This is interesting, because I think Ross almost had a gag order placed on him after the game where he was pulled.  I remember an interview where he would start to say something like "It's fine, and....but....I will be out there when they tell me I can be out there", with a lot of dancing around.

I remember thinking it was incredibly awkward and he is a very comfortable, well-spoked guy.  It just seemed like he was trying not to contradict whatever lame-ass story Marv was shoveling.  
Reply/Quote