Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any update on Ross
The guy had a hard time staying healthy in COLLEGE... Not really expecting him to be healthy a lot in the pro's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:30 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: The guy had a hard time staying healthy in COLLEGE... Not really expecting him to be healthy a lot in the pro's.

He played every game in 3 of his 4 college seasons. I get that he had injuries, but he only missed significant time once. 

I get the disappointment so far, but I think it's a bit soon to be projecting how his career will go. I think people are taking their frustrations with Tyler Eifert and this team's general performance and lumping it on Ross as well. Just because Eifert turned out the way he did, doesn't guarantee that Ross will have a similar fate. 

I'll say that I'm very disappointed in Ross' season so far, but one season doesn't make a career, and it sounds like he'll be back next week. So he still has 10 games left to make an impact this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The combine obviously is in shorts with no pads. I wonder if his game speed isn't as overwhelmingly fast compared to other guys?

Some guys look great in shorts...then you get the pads on and have guys out there hitting them and they don't look as great.

Even if it is, the difference between 4.2 and 4.4, after 40 yards is about an arm length. That's all a CB needs to defend the pass. Quickness out of breaks and explosiveness is what matters more than a couple tenths in top end speed. 

His record run at the combine has been way overblown as far as how it would help his effectiveness. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
word is they are getting Ross ready for the 2019 season
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
This was just a really stupid pick, even if he was ever healthy. There were so many better directions to go with that pick. Top it off with the fact that he’s just not built for football and wham! Complete waste of the #9 overall pick.

Still makes me ill to look at what we passed up for this sprinting ballerina.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 01:33 PM)Millhouse Wrote: word is they are getting Ross ready for the 2019 season

About right

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yet hoping that this not the case because we could definitely use him this season.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 01:50 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This was just a really stupid pick, even if he was ever healthy. There were so many better directions to go with that pick. Top it off with the fact that he’s just not built for football and wham! Complete waste of the #9 overall pick.

Still makes me ill to look at what we passed up for this sprinting ballerina.

Really of all the players that were realistic options at #9 who has done much of anything at all in the NFL is Malik Hooker. Baenett, Reddick, Allen, and Howard have all been disappointing if we spent #9 on them 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He played every game in 3 of his 4 college seasons. I get that he had injuries, but he only missed significant time once. 

I get the disappointment so far, but I think it's a bit soon to be projecting how his career will go. I think people are taking their frustrations with Tyler Eifert and this team's general performance and lumping it on Ross as well. Just because Eifert turned out the way he did, doesn't guarantee that Ross will have a similar fate. 

I'll say that I'm very disappointed in Ross' season so far, but one season doesn't make a career, and it sounds like he'll be back next week. So he still has 10 games left to make an impact this year.

True, but injuries are injuries and I feel the general lack of durability is more concerning than when those injuries happened. The fact that Ross managed to have surgery for two of his three injuries in the offseason doesn't mean he's reliable.

Microfracture knee surgery/MCL tear on one knee.
Meniscus tear/ACL tear on the other knee.
Labrum tear on one shoulder.

And since then he's been hurt in preseason, then touched the ball 1 time in the regular season before being hurt again.

That's not good, man.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Ross would have helped today for sure that Dalton 3 yard over throw to Lafell on 2nd and 10 that 1 series was a TD if Ross was playing. Makes no sense why he cant atleast give us 10 to 15 snaps a week. Maddening.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:58 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Ross would have helped today for sure that Dalton 3 yard over throw to Lafell on 2nd and 10 that 1 series was a TD if Ross was playing. Makes no sense why he cant atleast give us 10 to 15 snaps a week. Maddening.

We have no clue what Ross can do. He's done nothing other than run reverses in the preseason and the 1 game he was in.

I'm wondering if he has the yips and is having trouble catching?
Reply/Quote