Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any word on 58's injury?
I know they said Maualuga had a calf injury. Any updates?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I know they said Maualuga had a calf injury. Any updates?

I hope he's okay but we seem to play better without him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:42 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I hope he's okay but we seem to play better without him.

Not last year.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not last year.

You would think people would stop that spiel after he went out last year and the defense was horrible without him.....
Reply/Quote
If given the 22 starters on our team and had to rank them on who you would least like to see get injured. Rey would fall between 19-22.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He's better than the guys behind him on the roster. I hope he heals up and is ready to go. I'd much rather see him in the middle than Vinny Rey.
Reply/Quote
Nico Johnson is on the street; just saying.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nico Johnson is on the street; just saying.

For a reason.....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:42 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I hope he's okay but we seem to play better without him.

[Image: incredulous.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:35 AM)jeremydc Wrote: [Image: incredulous.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm all for piling on Maualuga...when he deserves it. He had a terrible season in what, 2012? I don't know if he necessarily deserved a contract with $7 mil front loaded this year, but he's certainly been better than some will give him credit for. He whiffs on more tackles than he should and he's obviously not the best LB in coverage, but he's been solid against the run for an acceptable amount of time in his career. I get that higher pick, higher expectations and whatnot, but once you're in the NFL for a couple of years, your draft status really doesn't mean anything anymore. Being an underwhelming second rounder doesn't make you a terrible football player.
Reply/Quote
We seem to be a better unit with Rey on the field, but I don't know if its his play, or just his leadership.
Reply/Quote
Over the past few years I've been critical of Ray but he has stepped up his game. Yes, he whiffs on some tackles but so do EVERY OTHER LB in the league. Maybe production-wise Ray can be replaced but not leadership wise. Just like Peko, their contribution to the D is more than just stats.

Reply/Quote
I would like to see Rey and Burfict out there all Thursday. Rey is the starter for a reason. The team is better with him on the field. Yeah he's not a pro bowler, but he's a decent starter.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 12:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Not last year.

Don't live in the past Mr. T!  Practice what you preach!   Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:07 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Don't live in the past Mr. T!  Practice what you preach!   Wink

He said "not last year" because that's the last evidence we have of whether the team played better or worse when Maualuga isn't playing.

Refuting somebody's claim that we're somehow better without a solid LB isn't really living in the past. It's just pointing out the truth of the situation.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:47 AM)djs7685 Wrote: He said "not last year" because that's the last evidence we have of whether the team played better or worse with Maualuga isn't playing.

Refuting somebody's claim that we're somehow better without a solid LB isn't really living in the past. It's just pointing out the truth of the situation.

My bad.  Thank you djs.  I humbly concede to Mr. T!
Reply/Quote
I'd love for someone to actually update Rey's injury instead of debate whether we're better without him. We're not. Rey isn't great, but to suggest we're better without him is stupid.

I've been critical of Rey and MJ in the past, but there were times last year when I would've killed to have either lining up over who was out there.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:56 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I'd love for someone to actually update Rey's injury instead of debate whether we're better without him.  We're not.  Rey isn't great, but to suggest we're better without him is stupid.

I've been critical of Rey and MJ in the past, but there were times last year when I would've killed to have either lining up over who was out there.

Maualuga missed practice yesterday.

Also, someone tweeted that Rey was done for the year, and Maualuga's response was...

"Don't wish that on me lol i'll be just fine bro! #justalittlebooboo "
Reply/Quote
I'd guess if he doesn't practice today, he's not playing Thursday.
Reply/Quote
Our Run D is worse off without Rey M, there's no arguing that.
Reply/Quote