Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Anybody Superstitious Repeating At Home What's Winning ?
I ate leftover steak with kodiak waffles for breakfast on the day of the home Steelers game. Ravens game, too. Did it again for the Chiefs game. Same before the Raiders game. Definitely going to throw a couple of NY strips in the oven Saturday night so I can have the correct provisions ready. I only ate it the first time to get a big meal in before likely day of drinking, but now it's in my head.

I also walk the dog along the same route on game days.
Reply/Quote
It's not a unique superstition in any way, but I am knocking on wood basically all game after I say something like "Okay, just stop them here and we're in good shape."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 12:49 AM)kevin Wrote: Actually, I started this as some comic relief while waiting for the big game. First with any superstitions being kept game by game.  Then asking if anybody has gone as far as lucky underwear and lucky socks unchanged since a month ago when Bengals beat Chiefs to clinch AFC North.  In A League Of Their Own that one girl baseball player goes without changing her socks on a hot streak, and Tom Hanks the manager says something pretty funny about how bad they smell.  If Bengals beat Chiefs again, and somebody goes from Jan 2nd Chiefs Win to Feb 13th Super Bowl in same Lucky underwear and socks unchanged, could that be the smell of victory, or the sweet smell of success ?....or just Ripe for a Victory ?

I am fully onboard with the idea of wearing the same clothing as a prior game, but it has to be laundered.  For the overly superstitious, think of the cleaning process as recharging the good luck, as opposed to draining it.  I'm also not a fan of the hockey playoff beard.  Of course, my team is usually eliminated in the first round, if they make the playoffs at all, so there's never really time for a true beard.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I haven't shaved (or even trimmed my beard) or gotten a haircut since Week 17. I keep my head shaved with no guard too, so it is noticeable lol.
Reply/Quote
Who's down for some sacrificial shit to solidify a dub this Sunday Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:35 AM)Takedown Wrote: Who's down for some sacrificial shit to solidify a dub this Sunday Ninja

Let's make it a meet.

[Image: 15541180.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Damn, I'm glad you guys are all keeping to these traditions, wearing dirty clothes, eating the same foods and tapping your fingers in the correct order each week to ensure these wins. Cause I've done completely different things, watched the games in different ways (streaming, TV, just updates on the website), worn different clothes, eaten different foods and done different chores before the game each week. Being superstitious must be exhausting!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
WARNING! I was planning to replicate my pregame meal from the last two Saturdays, one dozen delectable wings from Midwest Best BBQ, picked up 1:15 before kickoff, devoured, washed down, fingers licked, and face cleaned well before game time. But the wife reminded me today that Midwest Best is closed on Sundays!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Plan now is to pick up on Saturday and reheat Sunday an hour before kickoff. I can't eat wings with sloppy sauce in my color rush #9 jersey, so will devour them per usual in my "Cincinnati Football" sweatshirt, then change into Burrow color rush right before kickoff.

The lesson here, grasshoppers, is to think ahead, be prepared, plan for unforeseen circumstances, but by all means MAINTAIN THE ROUTINE. We must all do our part.

DO. NOT. F***. THIS. UP!

P.S. All you casual fans, who just eat and wear whatever and expect to win: You are so wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:03 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: WARNING!  I was planning to replicate my pregame meal from the last two Saturdays, one dozen delectable wings from Midwest Best BBQ, picked up 1:15 before kickoff, devoured, washed down, fingers licked, and face cleaned well before game time.  But the wife reminded me today that Midwest Best is closed on Sundays!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Plan now is to pick up on Saturday and reheat Sunday an hour before kickoff.  I can't eat wings with sloppy sauce in my color rush #9 jersey, so will devour them per usual in my "Cincinnati Football" sweatshirt, then change into Burrow color rush right before kickoff.

The lesson here, grasshoppers, is to think ahead, be prepared, plan for unforeseen circumstances, but by all means MAINTAIN THE ROUTINE.  We must all do our part.

DO.  NOT.   F***.   THIS.  UP!

P.S.  All you casual fans, who just eat and wear whatever and expect to win:  You are so wrong.

You, sir, have picked one hell of a fine time to eat day-old wings.  

[Image: fngry.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You, sir, have picked one hell of a fine time to eat day-old wings.  

[Image: fngry.gif]
I would consume worse than that if it got us to LA.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 07:55 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I would consume worse than that if it got us to LA.  

God bless you, you brave bastard.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:19 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: I haven't shaved (or even trimmed my beard) or gotten a haircut since Week 17. I keep my head shaved with no guard too, so it is noticeable lol.

I haven't had my hair cut for about 12 years..It just quit growing beyond a certain point around 8 years ago.. Maybe I'll trim my nose hair!  Wink
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 08:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: I haven't had my hair cut for about 12 years..It just quit growing beyond a certain point around 8 years ago.. Maybe I'll trim my nose hair!  Wink

Now you got me imagining something like this:

[Image: 6f95eae8fd69ee2f0b3ac69d67389894.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:53 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Damn, I'm glad you guys are all keeping to these traditions, wearing dirty clothes, eating the same foods and tapping your fingers in the correct order each week to ensure these wins.  Cause I've done completely different things, watched the games in different ways (streaming, TV, just updates on the website), worn different clothes, eaten different foods and done different chores before the game each week.  Being superstitious must be exhausting!

This is why we are in such close games!!
Reply/Quote
Yes I’ve had the Bengals play the first game in each round of the playoffs. Well that superstition continues this week. And serious note, I have a Bengals mug that I will not use on game day. Any other day is fine but not game day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
    I have a bengals hoodie I've worn for both playoff games and also posted this both times before game on social media.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 08:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Now you got me imagining something like this:

[Image: 6f95eae8fd69ee2f0b3ac69d67389894.jpg]

WE HAVE A WINNER.....This guy hasn't changed or washed anything since start of season....P.U. DEY.....WHO DEY

Tiger Who Dey DancingYesDingDingDingDingYesDancingWho DeyTiger

I think he gives Bengals the Power of the wizard in Lord of The Rings.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:19 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: I haven't shaved (or even trimmed my beard) or gotten a haircut since Week 17. I keep my head shaved with no guard too, so it is noticeable lol.

I guess when we win the Super Bowl, I will be stuck with not shaving my head or facial hair until next season at the earliest! I can't do it until we lose. Does Preseason count?
Reply/Quote
I had a dream last night that the Bengals won this week and I jumped off the couch to celebrate, spilling popcorn.  But I never eat popcorn during games (or almost ever).  Maybe I'm supposed to get popcorn for Sunday Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:06 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I had no choice.  It happened fast and involuntarily.  

Admit it..You spat it out on ice cream, put whipped cream and a cherry on top THEN swallowed it.. slowly and greedily.. Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote