Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody That Doubts That Marvin Makes The Decisions Now
People still laugh at me and criticize me when I say that Marvin pretty much runs things now, but even Marvin is admitting that he made this move:

Quote:“Ken Zampese has done a tremendous job for us for my 15 years here, and I have the utmost respect for Ken as a person and as a coach,” said Lewis. “But I feel it best for the football team to breathe new life into the offense, and that’s why I am making the change.

“Bill Lazor has great experience in the league and as a coordinator, and I feel Bill can progress our offense the way we need. We have a lot of talent on offense, and we need to keep working to take full advantage of the personnel we have.”

However, I didn't make this thread to point out anything I did, but simply to point out that Mike AND Marvin both seem to be taking the franchise in a new direction where change is made and things aren't always held onto until they're so dead that they rot. The franchise seems to be moving in the direction of evolving and changing when change is needed.

Only two games in, so let's hope we can put together some wins and make a season out of it!
Reply/Quote
youre delusional. fans beating the piss out of them on social media forced their hand.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People still laugh at me and criticize me when I say that Marvin pretty much runs things now, but even Marvin is admitting that he made this move:

However, I didn't make this thread to point out anything I did, but simply to point out that Mike AND Marvin both seem to be taking the franchise in a new direction where change is made and things aren't always held onto until they're so dead that they rot. The franchise seems to be moving in the direction of evolving and changing when change is needed.

Only two games in, so let's hope we can put together some wins and make a season out of it!

Today is definitely a good sign. I really didn't think it was going to happen with the way they like to drag their feet in this organization. Everyone saw how long we waited to act with Nuge last year, assumed this season would be just the same. Oh well, hopefully this guy can get more out of these players than what they been giving us.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: People still laugh at me and criticize me when I say that Marvin pretty much runs things now, but even Marvin is admitting that he made this move:

However, I didn't make this thread to point out anything I did, but simply to point out that Mike AND Marvin both seem to be taking the franchise in a new direction where change is made and things aren't always held onto until they're so dead that they rot.  The franchise seems to be moving in the direction of evolving and changing when change is needed.

Mike (and to some extent Marvin), are responsible for building an offensive line out of poop, and then putting it in front of their mentally fragile QB. They bought a Ferrari body (skill players), and stuck a Honda Civic engine in it.

Dumping KZ was a good idea regardless, but the line problem will remain all season long. That was a business decision they made months ago, sealing their fate for 2017. Who dey.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Id bet AJ Green and Dunlap firing off had as much to do with it as Marvin
Reply/Quote
It was either fire Zampese or let the hot seat catch on fire for Marvin. This move had to be made.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: However, I didn't make this thread to point out anything I did, but simply to point out that Mike AND Marvin both seem to be taking the franchise in a new direction where change is made and things aren't always held onto until they're so dead that they rot.  The franchise seems to be moving in the direction of evolving and changing when change is needed.

If this was the case, they would've fired Zampese LAST season, mid-season. They would've also tried to fix the OL in the offseason.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If this was the case, they would've fired Zampese LAST season, mid-season. They would've also tried to fix the OL in the offseason.

Fixing the offensive line costs money.

They drafted 2 shiny skill players in Ross and Mixon to distract the fanbase from the real issues and some of the people on these boards took the bait.

I remember people talking about how our offense would be unstoppable with all the speed.

It seems there are issues with Ross. The Bengals only use him on reverses so far. Is he having trouble as a receiver?
Reply/Quote
Yep... But sadly I think that means Marvin is going nowhere at seasons end. I'm glad that Mike is no longer calling the shots but there's no way he's letting go of his buddy PA or his de facto GM Marv
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Fixing the offensive line costs money.

They drafted 2 shiny skill players in Ross and Mixon to distract the fanbase from the real issues and some of the people on these boards took the bait.

I remember people talking about how our offense would be unstoppable with all the speed.

It seems there are issues with Ross. The Bengals only use him on reverses so far. Is he having trouble as a receiver?

Eifert hasn't had many targets yet this season. Green goes whole quarters without being targeted. Are they having trouble as receivers, or is it the offensive scheme? I'll go with that we had the worst OC in the history of football.
Reply/Quote
It's like calling the fire department after the house burned down.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Eifert hasn't had many targets yet this season. Green goes whole quarters without being targeted. Are they having trouble as receivers, or is it the offensive scheme? I'll go with that we had the worst OC in the history of football.

Do you think when an OC draws up a play...he's like 'Don't throw it to our 2 best weapons?'

While Zampese wasn't even passable...there are far more issues than just him.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 05:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you think when an OC draws up a play...he's like 'Don't throw it to our 2 best weapons?'

That's pretty much what happened. Why do you think Green said what he said after the game yesterday?
Reply/Quote
Cant figure what would be worse Brown or Lewis running the show they are both proven losers.
Reply/Quote
Chump Zampese falls on Marvin's ceremonial dildoid - NEWSFLASH - the entire operations needs an enema.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Nothing like making the change 1.125 seasons too late. Way to be proactive, Marv.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: youre delusional.  fans beating the piss out of them on social media forced their hand.

I wonder how much social media-does play into a teams decision making in this day and age?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 05:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you think when an OC draws up a play...he's like 'Don't throw it to our 2 best weapons?'

Actually, on the one red zone trip, what happened was that Andy only looked at AJ when he had two receivers wide open on the opposite side of the field (they were single covered and had beaten their men).
(09-15-2017, 05:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: That's pretty much what happened. Why do you think Green said what he said after the game yesterday?
I think it was just all game long that we didn't give AJ any chances.

I don't understand why we don't take a deep shot to AJ at least once a game.  I know that he's usually double covered, but he proved Thursday night that he can make catches when he's even triple covered.

However, even so, run a few plays where you take medium shots to the other side of the field to keep the safeties from drifting, or run a tight end on a post with a streak from the receiver opposite of AJ, have Andy stare them down so the safeties cheat that way, and then just throw a bomb to AJ's side.
(09-15-2017, 05:11 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Cant figure what would be worse Brown or Lewis running the show they are both proven losers.

I just think that Marvin has been MikeBrownized in that he's an emotionless leader because Mike Brown hasn't given him much to work with and has just killed the potential of a lot of talented teams by not going the last extra mile to put us over the hump.

I wish here was a way to talk to Marvin or even one of the players so they could just tell him to get the team enthusiastic about going into Green Bay and have them firing on all cylinders so we can get a win that sparks us for the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 05:40 PM)corpjet Wrote: I wonder how much social media-does play into a teams decision making in this day and age?

I hear they got broadband in the front office this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: youre delusional.  fans beating the piss out of them on social media forced their hand.

Right.  Mike is known to spend hours on Twitter.  On his rotary phone.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote