Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody check out these Bengal review videos?
I follow Goodberrry on twitter. Dude's knowledge and breakdown of these videos is on point. Here's an example of all-22 breakdown. It's hard to figure out who's at fault on some of these plays when you're watching live, but these breakdowns really give you an indication as to what's going on.

https://youtu.be/5nq0ikpqjFA
Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing, CB.

I watched 15 minutes of it and in my very amateur opinion, it's obvious that (a) the Steelers win in the trenches on both sides and (b) they're way better coached. They know what we run and how to beat it. On offense, our receivers were well covered. The few times someone was open (such as LaFell on the crosser), Dalton was running for his life. On defense, we ran a lot of cover 2 and some cover 3...and the Steelers had great blocking and ran plays specifically designed to open things up against those defensive looks.

So basically, the problems are what we thought they were. Line and schemes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 01:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks for sharing, CB.

I watched 15 minutes of it and in my very amateur opinion, it's obvious that (a) the Steelers win in the trenches on both sides and (b) they're way better coached. They know what we run and how to beat it. On offense, our receivers were well covered. The few times someone was open (such as LaFell on the crosser), Dalton was running for his life. On defense, we ran a lot of cover 2 and some cover 3...and the Steelers had great blocking and ran plays specifically designed to open things up against those defensive looks.

No problem. Glad at least one person enjoyed the video! haha 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 01:27 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks for sharing, CB.

It has been quoted several times that teams have said the Bengals offense/defense schemes are EXTREMELY predictable. I imagine the same is the same now, and why plays are so frequently successful against us. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Out coached - simple as that
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I found the same videos on twitter. The Dalton army still won't recognize the guys flaws with videos like this.its unreal to me how they are so blind to him. And it also shows the o line not being able to run block . It shows Brandon lafell being a waste of a #2.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:13 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I found the same videos on twitter. The Dalton army still won't recognize the guys flaws with videos like this.its unreal to me how they are so blind to him. And it also shows the o line not being able to run block . It shows Brandon lafell being a waste of a #2.

I'm basically in the Dalton Army, but I still see his flaws. He's not a take a team on his back and win it on his own QB, I know that.

BUT, he's far from alone in the blame placement ! Like you say the blocking - is downright awful ! Both run and pass.

We have way to many plays where guys are freelancing, half running routes, not blocking, missing assignments, and on and on. That's because our coaching staff has lost this team ! The players have checked out.

It's down right amazing Lazor has gotten what he has !

If both Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander aren't dismissed from there positions next season.............Mike Brown is beyond words I can post in here.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:13 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I found the same videos on twitter. The Dalton army still won't recognize the guys flaws with videos like this.its unreal to me how they are so blind to him. And it also shows the o line not being able to run block . It shows Brandon lafell being a waste of a #2.

Joe Goodberry (who is no better than you or I) is as anti-Dalton as they come, so I wasn't expecting a fair critique, but he wasn't exactly ripping Andy a new one in the bit that I watched...and his buddy in the video kept saying "not much Andy could do there". So I'm not sure where you're getting this Andy Army crap. There was much to dissect in the video, and I didn't see much that I felt was 100% on Andy. There was a play where he rolled right a bit early and drew coverage towards an open receiver. Bad play by Andy. Was he the reason we lost though? No. Is he a problem? No. He's an asset. 

What I saw in the video was covered receivers (including the mighty AJ Green), abysmal PASS blocking, awful run blocking, and the Steelers scripting plays that clear out the Cover 2 and Cover 3...with Ben taking full advantage of these plays and the perfect pocket he constantly had. It's funny you mention LaFell, because he was one of few receivers that got open even once in the plays I watched.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I always enjoy Joe's critiques. Even if Jim O isn't a fan of him. Ninja
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 07:13 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: It has been quoted several times that teams have said the Bengals offense/defense schemes are EXTREMELY predictable. I imagine the same is the same now, and why plays are so frequently successful against us. 

....and now that Lazor has mentioned that Mediocre Merv dictates who plays where, you gotta wonder if he isn't also throttling the playcalling.  Get that turd outta here, and take Ludwig van Alexander with him.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote