Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody notice what the Cowboys are doing to the Packers...
...in Green Bay? They beat up on the Bengals in Dallas. They are doing the same to the Pack in GB. They are obviously better than anyone anticipated.

The Bengals were beaten by one of the best teams over the past decade and a half, the Patriots, on their home field on a day when their hero returned from suspension.  Tough to win a game like that.

All I'm saying is that the Bengals may not be as bad as we fear. If, and I know it's a big if, Eiffert could get back and stay healthy, maybe, just maybe, we'll be okay.

The AFCN looks like a toss up at this point. Let's not lose faith.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even if we made the playoffs, we can't beat any of those teams, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Even if we made the playoffs, we can't beat any of those teams, lol.

Oh I see. You're saying we should tank. You're no fan. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Yep. No shame in losing to good teams. Lulllz
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:03 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Oh I see. You're saying we should tank. You're no fan. Whatever

No he's saying your  post has no merit to it. So we played against the Cowboys and lost because they are so good, yeah so what? If we go to the playoffs what teams do you think we are going to play? The Browns? Nope the teams we lost too..Pats, Broncos, Steelers...  Smirk
Reply/Quote
See that's marvins problem. Win games against bad teams, but can't compete with decent to good teams. THAT'S WHY HE'S A BAD COACH
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:07 PM)GodFather Wrote: No he's saying your  post has no merit to it. So we played against the Cowboys and lost because they are so good, yeah so what? If we go to the playoffs what teams do you think we are going to play? The Browns? Nope the teams we lost too..Pats, Broncos, Steelers...  Smirk
So by your logic the team should just roll over and not try to win anymore games. Do you think that would get us a new HC? Past history says no.

Maybe I'm naive but I would like to see my team win every game they can.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:07 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: See that's marvins problem. Win games against bad teams, but can't compete with decent to good teams. THAT'S WHY HE'S A BAD COACH

Marvin has countless problems but that is his biggest one. That and... What's his record against rookie and backup QB's??
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:11 PM)BengalRed Wrote: So by your logic the team should just roll over and not try to win anymore games. Do you think that would get us a new HC? Past history says no.

No its based on your illogic. Losing to good teams during the season isn't a good excuse for their loss. This team isn't going to go anywhere beating the Browns of the league. If you want to be the best....you have to beat the best.

We haven't beat one team with a winning record this season. I would suggest wait till next week when we beat the Browns, and then act like we are a Super Bowl team because we handed a beating to the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:11 PM)BengalRed Wrote: So by your logic the team should just roll over and not try to win anymore games. Do you think that would get us a new HC? Past history says no.

No one is saying they hope the Bengals "tank it".  What they are saying, along with myself, is that the problem is that we do lose to good teams.  If this team wants to be a legitimate team in terms of playoff competitiveness, then we have to beat those types of teams, and not just say "Well, they were good so it's really no big deal that we lost to them."

Again, no one is saying or hoping we just mail it in the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:07 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: See that's marvins problem. Win games against bad teams, but can't compete with decent to good teams. THAT'S WHY HE'S A BAD COACH

He's good at getting Mike Brown and family what they want.. Butts in seats.  

He's done just enough to put a competitive product on the field to keep some fans, but not enough risks or money to make real changes needed to win games or Superbowls
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:19 PM)bengals73 Wrote: He's good at getting Mike Brown and family what they want.. Butts in seats.  

He's done just enough to put a competitive product on the field to keep some fans, but not enough risks or money to make real changes needed to win games or Superbowls

Competitive? Not this year. We have 2 wins. Against teams that have 3 wins total. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah and the Stoolers have been crushed twice. Anything is possible i guess. I mean the Panthers are 1-5.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:22 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Competitive? Not this year. We have 2 wins. Against teams that have 3 wins total. 

Obviously not this year. I mean in general .. Why would you keep a Coach that has went 0-7 in the playoffs?  Any sane Owner would have shitcanned ole Marvin after I don't know? the 2nd..3rd.. or maybe even 4th playoff loss?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:16 PM)GodFather Wrote: No its based on your illogic. Losing to good teams during the season isn't a good excuse for their loss. This team isn't going to go anywhere beating the Browns of the league. If you want to be the best....you have to beat the best.

We haven't beat one team with a winning record this season. I would suggest wait till next week when we beat the Browns, and then act like we are a Super Bowl team because we handed a beating to the Browns.
And what I was pointing out is that the Bengals lost to two good teams in their home stadiums. Three if you count the lose to the Steelers on their home field. Yes a win in anyone of those would have been great. But I'm not going to discount the possibility that they will improve as the season goes on. Excuse me for not throwing in the towel like many on here, especially coming off a 12-4 season.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:31 PM)BengalRed Wrote: And what I was pointing out is that the Bengals lost to two good teams in their home stadiums. Three if you count the lose to the Steelers on their home field. Yes a win in anyone of those would have been great. But I'm not going to discount the possibility that they will improve as the season goes on. Excuse me for not throwing in the towel like many on here, especially coming off a 12-4 season.

I think this quote sums it all up from this classic movie

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think this quote sums it all up from this classic movie

Yes I agree. The Godfather is one of the great movies of all time. As was part two. If you want to say I'm naive for sticking with this team after coming off a great season, a season that would have continued if not for a few knuckleheads on the team (not Marvin's fault btw), then feel free to call me that. What do you want? A replay of the lost 90's?
Reply/Quote
I feel a little better losing to Dallas after seeing them dominate Green Bay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 09:11 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Yes I agree. The Godfather is one of the great movies of all time. 

Something we both agree on 100%

(10-16-2016, 09:31 PM)BengalRed Wrote:  If you want to say I'm naive for sticking with this team after coming off a great season, a season that would have continued if not for a few knuckleheads on the team (not Marvin's fault btw), then feel free to call me that. What do you want? A replay of the lost 90's?

Actually I would blame Marvin 100% for that meltdown in the playoffs last year. The coach is responsible for his teams undisciplined actions. Before things got out of hand in last years playoff game could Marvin called a timeout and regroup his players before things got out of hand? Should Marvin had his players ready for these challenges before the kickoff of that game? 

Yes and yes...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:31 PM)BengalRed Wrote: ...in Green Bay? They beat up on the Bengals in Dallas. They are doing the same to the Pack in GB. They are obviously better than anyone anticipated.

The Bengals were beaten by one of the best teams over the past decade and a half, the Patriots, on their home field on a day when their hero returned from suspension.  Tough to win a game like that.

All I'm saying is that the Bengals may not be as bad as we fear. If, and I know it's a big if, Eiffert could get back and stay healthy, maybe, just maybe, we'll be okay.

The AFCN looks like a toss up at this point. Let's not lose faith.

Patting myself on the back a bit, but I had the Cowboys winning their division this year. I'll admit I didn't expect their defense to be as good as it has been, but I knew their OL and running game would be great, and that's enough to win a bunch of games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote