Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody still want hue for HC?
Can we have Whitworth, Marvin Jones, and Zeitler back. Give me those three guys on this roster today and we're 4-0. People put to much on coaching it's a player league and it always has been.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 01:47 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Can we have Whitworth, Marvin Jones, and Zeitler back. Give me those three guys on this roster today and we're 4-0. People put to much on coaching it's a player league and it always has been.

It's a players league other than Belichek. He wins even when Brady is injured. 

Hue made a big mistake taking the Cleveland job. I know there are only 32 coaching jobs available but Cleveland is sooooooo bad that he had no chance to compete. 

How many Browns starters would start for the Bengals? Other than O-line of course. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 01:47 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Can we have Whitworth, Marvin Jones, and Zeitler back. Give me those three guys on this roster today and we're 4-0. People put to much on coaching it's a player league and it always has been.

This couldn't be any further from the truth. I think you're confusing the NBA and NFL. All the teams that have won Super Bowls in recent years had good/great coaches. 

Belichick 
Caroll 
Coughlin 
Harbaugh
Tomlin
Payton 
Kubiak
McCarthy 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 03:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This couldn't be any further from the truth. I think you're confusing the NBA and NFL. All the teams that have won Super Bowls in recent years had good/great coaches. 

Belichick 
Caroll 
Coughlin 
Harbaugh
Tomlin
Payton 
Kubiak
McCarthy 

Think it is the ultimate league and takes both good/great coaches and players. 

Believe in college you can get by with one or the other but NFL requires it all.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Owners even factor into the equation in our case.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 12:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Josh McCown
Johnny Manziel
Austin Davis

These are the QBs the Browns had in 2015 before he took over in 2016.

Cody Kessler
Robert Griffin III
Josh McCown
Kevin Hogan
Charlie Whithurst
DeShone Kizer

Those are the QBs that have thrown passes for him the last 20 games.

The Browns burned their organization completely to the ground after the 2015 season and are still rebuilding it back up. I think the Browns FO is looking at it like they're basically an expansion team. It took the Houston Texans until their 8th year after joining the NFL to have a winning season. I think the Browns always planned on giving Hue 3 years to show progress. Keep in mind they knew they weren't going to be a winning team this year, so they have little incentive to win. It's a baseball FO, and in baseball if you're clearly not going to be good, you tank for a few years, build up a roster of young high draft picks, and then go on your run. The Cubs did it, the Astros did it. Now is it going to translate across sports? Who knows.

Just remember that the Browns have like 5 picks in the first 2 rounds of the 2018 draft, which is supposedly loaded on QBs. I think since they knew they weren't playoff contenders, they don't actually WANT to win that badly. They want another year of high draft picks and they will look to win in 2018. They just can't look like they don't care because I think blatantly and openly tanking is against the rules.

So Hue will get a 3rd year with a 1st or 2nd overall pick QB in a loaded QB draft.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

All that aside and back on the original question, Hue isn't my first pick for Bengals HC, but he couldn't be worse than Marvin.

The Browns have worse issues than QB.  They can't even do the things they SHOULD be able to do well.  They've got an All Pro LT, a 1st round pick at C, and the 1st and 9th highest paid G's in the league and are 26th in rush offense and 21st in ypc.  

The Browns had 4 picks in the first 2 rounds this year, 3 in the 1st, and are still no better than last year.  Hue is 1-19.  Plus, if they were planning to tank this year and play the QB lottery next year, why take Kizer in the 2nd?  You would logically roll with Osweiler and use that pick on another position group.  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 12:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Browns have worse issues than QB.  They can't even do the things they SHOULD be able to do well.  They've got an All Pro LT, a 1st round pick at C, and the 1st and 9th highest paid G's in the league and are 26th in rush offense and 21st in ypc.  

The Browns had 4 picks in the first 2 rounds this year, 3 in the 1st, and are still no better than last year.  Hue is 1-19.  Plus, if they were planning to tank this year and play the QB lottery next year, why take Kizer in the 2nd?  You would logically roll with Osweiler and use that pick on another position group.  

JC Tretter is the team's starting C and he was 4th rounder. I think you're talking about Cam Erving, who is no longer on the Browns. He's a Chief.

But yes, I agree, they should be much better than they are, especially with the OL they have.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yes, I want Hue still. The Browns roster lacks skill players and their front office has chosen this money ball approach to drafting that has basically led to little to no talent over the last couple drafts. They let Pryor walk and then turned around and gave Kenny Britt similar money to drop balls. A head coach is not the every down X's and O's guy he is someone who can oversee everything and can connect with players or strike the fear of god in them (have to be one or the other). I think Hue relates well and can get a lot out of his guys, the problem right now with the browns is skill wise they don't have a lot to get out of them.
Reply/Quote
Between the Raiders and the Browns, Hue has not shown me enough to warrant him being our next HC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 03:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think it is the ultimate league and takes both good/great coaches and players. 

Believe in college you can get by with one or the other but NFL requires it all.

Some 23 teams have appeared in a Super Bowl since we last won a playoff team.

All but 4-5 teams have won 5+ playoff games over that span.

The Bengals misery makes people think that Marvin is the problem and that we need all of these perfect factors...great roster...great coach...luck to align to win 1 playoff game. But teams win playoff games with good rosters but not great and above average coaches.

The Seahawks won a playoff game one year when they were 7-9.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: Many on these forums were mad when hue left because they wanted him to replace ML as head coach. His record in cleveland so far is 1-19. I said I when he was OC that I thought he often tried to out trick the other team too much with all that pre snap movement and throwing the T eligible play to Fisher about 8 times in 2 yrs when he had guys like Green, Bernard, Eifert, Sanu and Jones to throw to. I also felt he slapped ML in the face by taking a job in the same division as us when he had other offers forthcoming by teams like the NYG and SF. I would have rather had Vance Joseph for our next HC....but that is impossible now. Anybody still want hue?

I dont blame Hue, I honestly feel like no one on that team actually wants to play for that team. Hes dealing with 53 guys just showing up for paychecks.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: Many on these forums were mad when hue left because they wanted him to replace ML as head coach. His record in cleveland so far is 1-19. I said I when he was OC that I thought he often tried to out trick the other team too much with all that pre snap movement and throwing the T eligible play to Fisher about 8 times in 2 yrs when he had guys like Green, Bernard, Eifert, Sanu and Jones to throw to. I also felt he slapped ML in the face by taking a job in the same division as us when he had other offers forthcoming by teams like the NYG and SF. I would have rather had Vance Joseph for our next HC....but that is impossible now. Anybody still want hue?

Good time to ask this.

I'm a Hue fan..I think he has a more aggressive outlook than ML which I prefer plus he seems a real players coach.  Even now - on both sides of the ball - our players seem to hold him in high regard.  So I did want him as HC.

However, even the most ardent Hue Jax fan would struggle to say Cleveland are making clear progress.  I know they have injuries and QB is still a question mark but is any part of that team really performing better versus last few years?
Reply/Quote
I want Hue as OC because he gets the most out of Dalton, Marvin as DC because he's still one of the best defensive minds, and Zimmer as HC because the players fight for him.
Reply/Quote
I'd still consider Hue.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I mean, the Bengals are 7-12-1 since he left. So it's not like we're doing amazing either. Averaged 2 TDs a game up until this last game.
Seriously. Throughout 19 games, they have 38 touchdowns.
Now it's 20 games with 42 touchdowns.

And I don't want to hear "Well we lost so and so since".

Have you SEEN the Browns? You can't use excuses for one team and not the other.

I'd take Hue in a heartbeat. As would many others on this team.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes

The Browns are in obvious tank mode so of course they aren't winning games. Their QB is a developmental project rookie so he's not going to do well, and the defense has no talent. They gutted the team to rebuild with a high quantity of picks. Hue has what he needs here and doesn't have to help run a defense with our current staff.

That said, give me Josh McDaniels with a 2nd chance and less overall control or Teryl Austin with James Urban moving up to OC
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 04:39 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Yes

The Browns are in obvious tank mode so of course they aren't winning games. Their QB is a developmental project rookie so he's not going to do well, and the defense has no talent. They gutted the team to rebuild with a high quantity of picks. Hue has what he needs here and doesn't have to help run a defense with our current staff.

Hue literally inherited a team that passed on numurous franchise QBs for Johnny Football. 
A team that purged Alex Mack. 
A team that can't stop getting in it's own way worse than the Bengals.

It's going to take time
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 04:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Hue literally inherited a team that passed on numurous franchise QBs for Johnny Football. 
A team that purged Alex Mack. 
A team that can't stop getting in it's own way worse than the Bengals.

It's going to take time

They're kind of like the Bengals teams of the 90s in that you don't see the players getting better from year to year.
Reply/Quote
I would gladly take Hue. I would gladly take Zimmer too. I would probably even take Vance.

Really I would take anyone over Marv at this point, but if we hire outside he is going to want more control than he will probably be allowed.
Reply/Quote
Vance Joseph is not going anywhere.
I would say no to Hue. With that said, I am thinking a new coach with background in offense would be an upgrade.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote