Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Been To Austin?
First off, it's been fun and I love my message board family but I most likely won't be making any posts after Thursday to the likelihood that I'll be dead.

My friend that grew up down the street is having his bachelor party in Austin, Texas, and there's a very good chance that I die this weekend.

ThumbsUp

Has anyone been to Austin? Is there anything that we MUST do?

It's my friend, his two brothers, a few friends we grew up with, and then his college bros (and maybe a few from the ROTC).

Should get pretty crazy!
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 06:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: First off, it's been fun and I love my message board family but I most likely won't be making any posts after Thursday to the likelihood that I'll be dead.

My friend that grew up down the street is having his bachelor party in Austin, Texas, and there's a very good chance that I die this weekend.

ThumbsUp

Has anyone been to Austin?  Is there anything that we MUST do?

It's my friend, his two brothers, a few friends we grew up with, and then his college bros (and maybe a few from the ROTC).

Should get pretty crazy!

I've been there several times (NCAA tourney in '90 and for a class in 2005). Great city! Especially for young adults (college-aged) as they have a great bar scene. Personally, I prefer San Antonio, though, as it is more family-oriented. But Austin would be a better place for a bachelor party.

Sounds like your friends will know where to take you.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 06:46 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I've been there several times (NCAA tourney in '90 and for a class in 2005). Great city! Especially for young adults (college-aged) as they have a great bar scene. Personally, I prefer San Antonio, though, as it is more family-oriented. But Austin would be a better place for a bachelor party.

Sounds like your friends will know where to take you.

We're all 35+, but we still party!

Thanks for the positive review because now I'm even more pumped!

Like I said, this group loves to party and will just get stupid!
Reply/Quote
By the way:

-Get there Thursday. Get settled in, wait for everyone to get there and just bar hop and whatever. Probably hit up a few gentlemen's clubs.

-Friday is golf, which I might just sit in the clubhouse for a lot of that rather than just let the sun drain all my energy. Friday night is bars and whatever.

-Saturday, I believe we're doing a cruise-type deal a lot of the day and then bars that night.

Leave on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 08:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: -Saturday, I believe we're doing a cruise-type deal a lot of the day and then bars that night.

Leave on Sunday.

Get you dog on (don’t say to quickly or it will sound like dog gone).

[Image: tumblr_n82ta42Ms81sufzbxo1_500.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe you'll get to go to The Chicken Ranch! Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2019, 07:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're all 35+, but we still party!

Thanks for the positive review because now I'm even more pumped!

Like I said, this group loves to party and will just get stupid!

If you like live bands, there are few places better for it in the U.S.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Hippie Hollow Park on Lake Travis is the only "clothing optional" public park in Texas.

When you are not there you should be wearing a Baker Mayfield Oklahoma Sooner jersey wherever you go. Mayfield is from Lake Travis and they all love him in Austin.
Reply/Quote
I just keep hearing more and more reviews that it's insane!
Reply/Quote
easiest thing to do is get in the uber and say "take us to 6th St". Every city has one of those defining areas...that's Austin's. It's been years since i've been down there but it's still the same awesome fun time now.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
So, are you there yet? Give us an update, whenever you find a moment.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-16-2019, 04:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hippie Hollow Park on Lake Travis is the only "clothing optional" public park in Texas.

When you are not there you should be wearing a Baker Mayfield Oklahoma Sooner jersey wherever you go.  Mayfield is from Lake Travis and they all love him in Austin.

lol - Fred trying to get Brad killed.

Brad,
I don't care if someone is born  on top of the Texas Capitol building, if they went to OU, they are the enemy in Hook'em town.

As for Austin......it's a college town, very high tech, very liberal (for Texas).  The roads are awful.  Austin is growing at a crazy pace and the highway department is not only not caught up but 20 years behind.

Have fun!
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2019, 06:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: easiest thing to do is get in the uber and say "take us to 6th St".  Every city has one of those defining areas...that's Austin's.  It's been years since i've been down there but it's still the same awesome fun time now.
Met a babe first night there and she was asking me about what happened to me and all that.  Turns out she's a high school teacher in Texas and wants to have me down to present.  We took a selfie wand then she was texting me all weekend trying to get us to meet them on 6th Street (because they were there for his sister's bachelorette party and apparently her sister was lame), so hopefully I just got my big break!  

I forgot about that until you mentioned that!
(07-18-2019, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are you there yet?  Give us an update, whenever you find a moment.
I had to change my password, forgot what I changed it to so I haven't been able to login on my phone lol

Got there and it was just unreal!  It was all just like one big Mardi Gras party!  (Without the flashing, but my friend was pushing me down the street and this babe walks by carrying a hula-hoop and just wearing a thong and a tank top......  I was like "WTF!?"  lol

Friend that's getting married got pulled up on stage at a strip club and we're all just completely hammered.  Two strippers sit him on a chair that's up against a pole and give him a double lap dance.  Then, he gets up, sits them down, and starts giving them both a lap dance!  He unbuttons his shorts and we're all just like "auh hell..... we're going to jail," but he rips them off and luckily had on boxers, climbs to the top of the stripper pole, slides down, and then starts  grinding on them!  It was epic!  So many amazing moments!
(07-19-2019, 09:17 AM)Stewy Wrote: lol - Fred trying to get Brad killed.

Brad,
I don't care if someone is born  on top of the Texas Capitol building, if they went to OU, they are the enemy in Hook'em town.

As for Austin......it's a college town, very high tech, very liberal (for Texas).  The roads are awful.  Austin is growing at a crazy pace and the highway department is not only not caught up but 20 years behind.

Have fun!

Definite college town!  Friday and Saturday nights, the streets were just filled with college kids!  It was like Mardi Gras!

I really didn't see any problems with the roads.  Last night, we had a guy ride us home on his bike that he had rigged up a two-seat thing directly behind him (kind of like the picture below, but just not even as nice), and I was watching the road because (1) Northern Kentucky/Cinci roads have huge pot holes and just gaps every few feet (2) with my balance problems (on top of being three sheets to the wind), I was sure that hitting a hole meant that I'd end up on the street and (3) my friend was holding my wheelchair (folded up) and I was thinking "we're going to hit a pothole and bye-bye wheelchair," and the entire ride was very smooth and roads looked nice!

[Image: buddy_trike_with_kit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 04:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Got there and it was just unreal!  It was all just like one big Mardi Gras party!  (Without the flashing, but my friend was pushing me down the street and this babe walks by carrying a hula-hoop and just wearing a thong and a tank top......  I was like "WTF!?"  lol

Friend that's getting married got pulled up on stage at a strip club and we're all just completely hammered.  Two strippers sit him on a chair that's up against a pole and give him a double lap dance.  Then, he gets up, sits them down, and starts giving them both a lap dance!  He unbuttons his shorts and we're all just like "auh hell..... we're going to jail," but he rips them off and luckily had on boxers, climbs to the top of the stripper pole, slides down, and then starts  grinding on them!  It was epic!  So many amazing moments!

Fantastic!  Sounds like y'all got to give your friend the send-off that he deserved.  (He also sounds like quite the showman personality)  Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 05:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Fantastic!  Sounds like y'all got to give your friend the send-off that he deserved.  (He also sounds like quite the showman personality)  Cool

He definitely got the send-off that he deserved!  I didn't see it, but these two babes came back to our place and apparently ended up topless in our pool!  One (or both) apparently wanted to hook up with him but he said no (WTF?!).  

It's messed up because he grew up down the street and his parents were super-strict and super-religious.  All three brothers were cool but kind of dorks and never too good with the ladies, but then they all went into the ROTC in college (parents' orders) and all just ended up HUGE chiefs that could get any girl they wanted and always did!  (His one brother was a Blue Angel and I've mentioned him before.)  It's just amazing watching them now!
Reply/Quote
I would say to not do ANYTHING that might get you tossed into Huntsville prison and be prepared to sing the line, "I'm never going to Texas anymore.."  I'm officially done with the state. All my exes left me in Texas.. (a factual story too..) My last trip through Austin came via my thumb in the form of hitch hiking and that was back when I still thought it a good idea to be stranded out in the middle of nowhere with no money in horrific weather conditions. Now that I'm 60 I am apt to rethink that proposition.. Stranded out in the middle of nowhere with no money in the worst possible weather just isn't as exciting as it was when I was 20..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote