Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Fired Yet?
Good thing Marvin brought in Hue as assistant to the regional manager.  He really helped Marvin turn the team around.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Packers say McCarthy was fired because 2018 season didn't live up to 'expectations and standards' - a concept that is completely foreign to Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
whatever driskel fielded today, doesn't seem worth watching. trying to find reasons why we watch the rest of the season lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As much as I would like to hear Marvin was canned by the time I have my morning coffee...I think it would mean that Hue will be named the interim HC, which also means if he either wins a game or has them looking semi-competitive in a couple, he'll be given the gig for real.  Sick

Well, I really don't expect them to be semi-competitive.  Driskel isn't a guy that's going to take over a team with a an offensive line consisting of a bunch of human trash bags and down it's best receiving threat and start lighting the world on fire.  He's athletic and all, but he's going to get creamed as any quarterback in his position will.  

Couple that with the defense now being led by Hardy-har-harr Nickerson and you have a pretty good chance of going 5-11.  

I really didn't want to accept it, but it's shaping up to be very likely.  The Chargers will kill this team in their stadium.  The Browns are better than them in their current state and get to play at home.  The Steelers basically are part owners of this turd roster.  The Bengals could go up 35 and find a way to lose to them.  Good thing they won't, because they'll be lucky to score more than ten in any game for the rest of the season.

If we don't manage to beat Oakland at PBS, then 5-11 is more likely than not.  Not being overly negative or dramatic, it just seems incredibly likely at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:12 PM)samhain Wrote: That's almost as bad as replacing Marvin Lewis with Hue Jackson.  Joe Philbin is garbage.

They don't care.  They've likely written the season off, and are now going to play the bench guys, take inventory, and go for draft position.  In other words, the same thing the Bengals should be doing about now...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Packers say McCarthy was fired because 2018 season didn't live up to 'expectations and standards' - a concept that is completely foreign to Mike Brown.

Let's hire McCarthy. We already hired Pelt from the packers. He would be a HUGE upgrade from Marvin imo
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:12 PM)samhain Wrote: That's almost as bad as replacing Marvin Lewis with Hue Jackson.  Joe Philbin is garbage.
Why would a guy like Mike McArthy even consider working for MB?  Too many other legit operations out there for him. ITs going to be Hugh get used to it. 
Reply/Quote
Yep.  Hot garbage.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Since starting 8-0 in 2015...the Bengals have now won just 22 of their last 52 games.

[Image: tjwYrY.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Packers say McCarthy was fired because 2018 season didn't live up to 'expectations and standards' - a concept that is completely foreign to Mike Brown.

You don’t know what Mike Brown’s expectations and standards are!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:41 PM)bjf123 Wrote: You don’t know what Mike Brown’s expectations and standards are!

Hire that man now! Like right now or harbaugh. They both have won wings it would be like getting bill belicheck. I’d kill for either
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:41 PM)bjf123 Wrote: You don’t know what Mike Brown’s expectations and standards are!

True. Marvin has probably already far exceeded Mike's expectations and standards.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:47 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Hire that man now! Like right now or harbaugh. They both have won wings it would be like getting bill belicheck. I’d kill for either

He expects to make money money every year. That is it. And that expectation is clear from his actions.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
No firings yet but I can almost bet there will be some concession stand people laid off this year.
Reply/Quote