Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Know Where To Order A Toilet Refill Tube Clamp?
Every time (or every second time) that I flush my toilet, the toilet refill tube comes out, and I'm looking for a clamp to keep it in.

Anyone know of any good ones or have any other tricks to help keep the tube in?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 03:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Every time (or every second time) that I flush my toilet, the toilet refill tube comes out, and I'm looking for a clamp to keep it in.

Anyone know of any good ones or have any other tricks to help keep the tube in?

home depot or lowes most like if it is what i think it is  best to replace the entire insides.     i think is maybe 20 dollars for a universal kit.

Ace hard ware has just the tube for like 3$ (but if its going the rest will likely follow soon)
Reply/Quote
I thought I read at some point you live in an apartment? If that is the case have the landlord fix it. That should be their responsibility. If not like Xeno said it's probably just best to get a kit and replace all the insides at one time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
You could try putting a large paperclip halfway over the end of the pipe, then slide the tube through the opening of the paper clip. Push it down the remainder of the way on the pipe so it pinches the tube to the top of the pipe.

Shouldn't be a long term fix, but might help in the short term.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 04:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: home depot or lowes most like if it is what i think it is  best to replace the entire insides.     i think is maybe 20 dollars for a universal kit.

Ace hard ware has just the tube for like 3$  (but if its going the rest will likely follow soon)
Seems easy enough and, yeah, if the entire inside is done anyways, then I'll just get it all fixed.

Lived here eleven(?) years, so probably time to just replace everything in it. 
(08-19-2021, 05:54 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I thought I read at some point you live in an apartment?  If that is the case have the landlord fix it.  That should be their responsibility.  If not like Xeno said it's probably just best to get a kit and replace all the insides at one time.

Landlords are my sister and her husband lol

I live in an addition built off the side of their house (my brother initially bought the house and built the addition because he feels guilty about the wreck, even though I've never blamed him).

(08-19-2021, 08:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You could try putting a large paperclip halfway over the end of the pipe, then slide the tube through the opening of the paper clip. Push it down the remainder of the way on the pipe so it pinches the tube to the top of the pipe.

Shouldn't be a long term fix, but might help in the short term.

Sounds easy enough.  I'll try it.

Thanks ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
You can likely replace the entire refill system for about $15, just bite the bullet and be done with it. Beats short term fixes and or waiting for someone else to come fix it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 09:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You can likely replace the entire refill system for about $15, just bite the bullet and be done with it. Beats short term fixes and or waiting for someone else to come fix it.

Leaning that way if it’s really that easy
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 10:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Leaning that way if it’s really that easy

It's actually quite easy.  With you being limited to the chair, an extra set of fully able hands might help make it a 10 minute job.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 10:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's actually quite easy.  With you being limited to the chair, an extra set of fully able hands might help make it a 10 minute job.

It was pretty easy i was able to do mine myself and i am not what one would call a handyman type person
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 10:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Leaning that way if it’s really that easy

As long as you are able to reach under the tank to turn off the water supply and unscrew the old one.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2021, 10:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's actually quite easy.  With you being limited to the chair, an extra set of fully able hands might help make it a 10 minute job.

It's usually that easy.  I've done it many times and never had an issue.  Except that one time...  I'd just moved into a new house and the the assembly needed to be replaced in the kids' bathroom.  The bolts that hold the assembly to the tank were rusted to the tank so I got the channel locks to loosen it.  It loosened all right, once it cracked the entire tank.  So my $15 kit replacement now required a toilet replacement.  No biggie, toilets are easy enough to replace.  Except the builders put the toilet in before the tile, and they grouted the entire toilet into the floor.  So my $15 kit replacement now included a toilet replacement and a grinder to get the grout out.  I don't mind adding a new tool to the collection for a job (in fact, I like to do jobs that require I add a new tool; it's basically the perfect excuse).  And when I shut the water valve off at the toilet, it started to leak.  Years of it being left open with hard water had caused build-up and corroded the rubber inside.  It was late enough in the evening that Home Depot was closed so I had to shut the whole house water off until the next morning.  And then replace the valve entirely.  End of the day?  A nice toilet that's worked great, new valve, it's perfect.  But I wasn't expecting my $15, 15 minute job to turn into a full weekend and $350.  

So yes, usually very easy, definitely best to replace the whole kit vs one piece.  But on the off chance it doesn't go that way?  It's the DIY bathroom fix equivalent of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. 
Reply/Quote
Brad, if you just want the "tube clamp" I have one I can send you.

[Image: Hot-Sale-Men-s-Pleasure-SDL328910332-6-e8ca2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brad, if you just want the "tube clamp" I have one I can send you.

[Image: Hot-Sale-Men-s-Pleasure-SDL328910332-6-e8ca2.jpg]

Damn, that clamp is SMALL!
Reply/Quote
I think we're just buying an entirely new toilet.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2021, 02:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think we're just buying an entirely new toilet.

Well that works too.  A more expensive method than just replacing the guts but I guess there is a good reason you are taking that route.  I hope your new porcelain throne gives you many happy years.  LOL  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote