Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Know?
Does anyone know how the NFL decides the official weekend schedule for this weekend?
What factors in,, other than teams on buy?
Why did Cincy get the first game saturday at 430 which kinda helps the raiders as they may be more used to playing at 430pm when were used to playing at 1..
Reply/Quote
I have no idea, but I am def. curious about it.

I'm just glad we didn't get the monday night game to be honest.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:22 PM)magikod Wrote: I have no idea, but I am def. curious about it.

I'm just glad we didn't get the monday night game to be honest.

Exactly, that sets up a short week for the following game.
Reply/Quote
I thiink we earned the Sunday 1pm game
but the NFL did not
Reply/Quote
Ratings - I mean Hell look at KC/Pitt time slot. Not going to be a competitive game but the belief it gets the most views
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Yeah we get the first game because they don’t think we’ll get ratings.

I actually like it though. Then i won’t be so anxious watching all the other playoff games waiting for ours. And get a long rest of the weekend to recover. Plus if we lose I don’t have to watch the rest of the playoffs because I won’t care (that won’t be an issue though).

Plus Raiders played 5 qtrs in the last game of last week and now have to play the first game this week. Don’t think that helps them at all. Advantage Cincy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
it all comes down to which matchups are perceived to be able to pull in the ratings. Raiders-Bengals was put in the slot expected to receive the lowest ratings. The slot does not help the Raiders who played the night game that went to overtime last Sunday. They have to travel through 2 time zones to a cold climate to play on a short week. They didn't even do a real practice this week. They only did walk thrus.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:24 PM)Spider Wrote: I thiink we earned the Sunday 1pm game
but the NFL did not

Advertisers did not.

We can complain as much as we want that we're not getting our just due but ultimately sponsors decided what we see and when.

As long as teams like Pittsburgh, NE anyone NFC East team is a bigger financial draw they will continue to get better times.
Reply/Quote
Well the Sunday late afternoon game will be the chiefs or cowboys ( if they win). One will have the early Sunday Game and and the other the late one. Saturday evening will be the Rams ( predicting here) and Cincy the early game Saturday is my prediction
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:30 PM)pally Wrote: it all comes down to which matchups are perceived to be able to pull in the ratings.  Raiders-Bengals was put in the slot expected to receive the lowest ratings.  The slot does not help the Raiders who played the night game that went to overtime last Sunday.  They have to travel through 2 time zones to a cold climate to play on a short week.  They didn't even do a real practice this week.  They only did walk thrus.

Yeah, maybe this can time slot can be in the Bengals favor.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:20 PM)Spider Wrote: Does anyone know how the NFL decides the official weekend schedule for this weekend?
What factors in,, other than teams on buy?
Why did Cincy get the first game saturday at 430 which kinda helps the raiders as they may be more used to playing at 430pm when were used to playing at 1..

Team popularity and the timezone the team is from definitely play into it.
West coast teams are almost always going to get put into a 4:00 or night slot for playoffs so that their fans don't have to watch a 10:00 AM PST game.

Popularity is 100% factoring into KC-PIT, NE-BUF getting a late slot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd venture that the league/networks see us as the 'Not Ready for Primetime Players (Google it, kids).' Yeah, there's a buzz about the team, but until this team has a deep playoff run and hangs some skins on the wall, we'll probably get relegated to the "lesser" time slots. Personally, as a game attendee, I'm thrilled with the 4:30 time slot. If they would have let me choose for the team, that's the one I would have picked.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This is the playoffs folks theres only 13 games left. Every football fan in the world will be watching. Timeslots don't matter anymore.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:39 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: This is the playoffs folks theres only 13 games left.  Every football fan in the world will be watching.  Timeslots don't matter anymore.

True, good point.

I could careless about the ratings as long as the games on TV for everyone to watch nationwide. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'd venture that the league/networks see us as the 'Not Ready for Primetime Players (Google it, kids).'  Yeah, there's a buzz about the team, but until this team has a deep playoff run and hangs some skins on the wall, we'll probably get relegated to the "lesser" time slots.  Personally, as a game attendee, I'm thrilled with the 4:30 time slot.  If they would have let me choose for the team, that's the one I would have picked.

Myself if iI the choice..Sunday 1pm
To me its  far less flashy and we all know our Primetime history when were playiing in the only game on tv at that time
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:39 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: This is the playoffs folks theres only 13 games left.  Every football fan in the world will be watching.  Timeslots don't matter anymore.

True. Also, if Marvin's still around that's our 2022 t-shirt.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:42 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: True.  Also, if Marvin's still around that's our 2022 t-shirt.  

LMFAO  Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Weren't the time slots already decided before the Raiders game was over? If they tied or Chargers won wouldn't we have been playing New England or something? Plus KC wouldn't have been playing Pitt but the Raiders instead (with a tie)
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah we get the first game because they don’t think we’ll get ratings.

I actually like it though. Then i won’t be so anxious watching all the other playoff games waiting for ours. And get a long rest of the weekend to recover. Plus if we lose I don’t have to watch the rest of the playoffs because I won’t care (that won’t be an issue though).

Plus Raiders played 5 qtrs in the last game of last week and now have to play the first game this week. Don’t think that helps them at all. Advantage Cincy.

(01-14-2022, 06:30 PM)pally Wrote: it all comes down to which matchups are perceived to be able to pull in the ratings.  Raiders-Bengals was put in the slot expected to receive the lowest ratings.  The slot does not help the Raiders who played the night game that went to overtime last Sunday.  They have to travel through 2 time zones to a cold climate to play on a short week.  They didn't even do a real practice this week.  They only did walk thrus.

What LF40 and Pally said. We need to win this game so frickin' bad. We have lots of advantages over the Raiders.

They only have a few and the short week for them without a real practice could take those few advantages they have away.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 06:20 PM)Spider Wrote: Why did Cincy get the first game saturday at 430 which kinda helps the raiders as they may be more used to playing at 430pm when were used to playing at 1..

Good point. 4pm is usually late for us. It's really going to be tough on us when we start the 6:30pm game in 4 weeks.

Reply/Quote