Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone bet on NFL games?
Thumbs Up 
Anyone else bet on Bengals or NFL games in general here?

I usually bet on Bengals games with some of my co-workers/friends. Nothing over $100 bucks usually though.

I've never tried fanduel or anything like that.

Bengals -1 @ Bills is the current spread for this week.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
The closest i come to betting is entering a football pool if that counts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I do a football pool but that's about it.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I have done it all in terms of Football betting, as well as Fan Duel and Draft Kings. It becomes pretty addicting, not going to lie. Never addicting where I throw my house on the line or anything.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
I do DraftKings and then sometimes lay a hundred on a game or two.

I'm even so far this season.
Reply/Quote
It's not worth it bro. Too risky and highly addictive.
Reply/Quote
I don't like gambling online too much (way too easy access to go overboard even if you have self control) and I don't bet with friends either.

Get yourself a good bookie locally and Sundays just got more fun! I've always liked to bet on the least interesting games to me, that way it gets me motivated to pay attention to them. If you're an avid gambler, it's almost like another job though because you have to watch all 32 teams so closely, keeping an eye on injuries, favorable positional matchups, weather, etc.

It's also fun to throw a few bucks into a 7-10 bet parlay every week too. The payout is so high and even if you hit just 1 every year or two it can make a rough few weeks of betting not so bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 07:52 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't like gambling online too much (way too easy access to go overboard even if you have self control) and I don't bet with friends either.

Get yourself a good bookie locally and Sundays just got more fun! I've always liked to bet on the least interesting games to me, that way it gets me motivated to pay attention to them. If you're an avid gambler, it's almost like another job though because you have to watch all 32 teams so closely, keeping an eye on injuries, favorable positional matchups, weather, etc.

It's also fun to throw a few bucks into a 7-10 bet parlay every week too. The payout is so high and even if you hit just 1 every year or two it can make a rough few weeks of betting not so bad.

Serious question. How does one go about finding a bookie. lol 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 07:57 AM)Whacked Wrote: Serious question. How does one go about finding a bookie. lol 

Do you know anyone that bets? That's a great place to start, friend or family preferably. If not, it's not really going to be easy, at all. You can't just put an ad in the local paper, ya know? The easiest way is to get a friend to start placing bets through their guy for you. 90% of legitimate bookies aren't going to take bets straight from you (especially high dollar), and they certainly will want someone in good standing (your friend) taking care of transporting the money each way when it's needed. Once you bet with the same guy for a while, they could eventually let you start going straight to them, or some may even make you bet through your friend for years and years just because it's easier and safer for almost everybody that way. These guys are in a shady business that they already have enough clients and any little mistakes, especially by a new bettor, could land them straight in jail for a looooong time.

Oh, and a huge tip for guys looking to get into this kind of stuff. Make sure you know exactly where your bookie's lines come from! Not every over/under or line on a game is going to be the same at every sports book. If your bookie gets them from a certain paper or website, make sure those are the ones you're looking at when making your decisions. Unless you land a guy that's going to give you the numbers each week (my buddies guy does this, but he's a relative), you need to find out what he uses. A common thing for someone to do (around here at least) is just to make it known to all of his clients that he uses say, Bovada's lines for all of his bets. That way, you can always just log on there and get all of the information you need each week. There's a huge difference between a -2.5 game and a -3 game, so make sure you're using the right data.

This is all just stuff from friends of friends and whatnot, I don't participate in any form of illegal gambling. That would be horrible and wrong!
Reply/Quote
I don't know about a bookie. I do an online thing through Betonline.com.

The key is to not accept their "bonuses", because what they don't tell you or tell you in passing is that your money is required to have a 6X "rollover" or something like that where you have to risk your total amount six times before accepting a payout.

I start each year with $100. I'm up right now, to about $400. So I am playing with "their money". If I lose all the amount (I won't bet beyond my $100 entry this year, more than likely), I am done. I don't reload it. I usually start wagering $10-$20 a game and get as high as $50 if it is a game I really like. Sometimes, when I just want to have something on the game, I will do a cheap "parlay", like last night, I took the Saints and the over. I figured if the Saints put up more points than the Falcons, it would still be a high total. Risked $20 and won $63, I think. Also took Stanford over UCLA. I loved Stanford at home only giving up 6.5.

I used to be terrible at the NFL and really good in college. For whatever reason, I have been killing the NFL and just OK in college.

One rule, I don't like to bet on the Bengals or Buckeyes.

If there is one game I love this weekend in NFL it is the Texans getting a point in Jacksonville.

I see the Texans as a much better team than Jacksonville, and they are like the Saints: Due to come out with a big game.

I sometimes will do a 4 team, $10 "pleaser", where you give up an additional 6 points. So, the line for last night was Saints +3.5. Giving up six points meant they had to win by 2.5, which they did. Rarely will I take a game with a huge line, like GB -10.5 against SD this weekend and add to that line, making it -16.5, but I go the other way. Most games are still a FG game, so I would put the 6 against SD and they would only have to lose by 6.5. Make sense? If all four hit on a $10 wager, it pays $450! But I only do these risking $10 or $5 and when I am way up for that week.

Just limit yourself to a small opening amount, and don't take the bonus. Wager consistently. Don't start losing and try to win it all back in one bet. And don't do more parlays then straight bets. Sure way to lost money quickly. And you don't always have to have 6 games wagered. Find your favorite three and wager the same for each. If you go 2-1 you come out ahead each time. Damn Buffalo last week needed 2 more points or I would have gone 3-0 (had Denver and New England).
Reply/Quote
Fanduel. But I usually stay in the $5 entry 50/50s. Other than that, the annual Super Bowl boxes.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Just one fantasy football league (where money is involved). Over the years I'm probably about even or a little ahead. I'm in three other free ones. Don't really care for straight betting.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 12:49 AM)magikod Wrote: Anyone else bet on Bengals or NFL games in general here?

I usually bet on Bengals games with some of my co-workers/friends. Nothing over $100 bucks usually though.

I've never tried fanduel or anything like that.

Bengals -1 @ Bills is the current spread for this week.

used to have a standing bet vs a steelers fan... 5$ per win nothing if we split.

But then the bengals started winning all the time and hes not brave enough to put the money down anymore.
Reply/Quote
I use topbet.eu.

Two years ago I was up about $4,000 and they sent me a check from Bulgaria. Weird, but I had no issues with hit.
I am currently down $200 this year. I suck.
Reply/Quote
One low-dollar 3 teamer a week.
Reply/Quote
3-ESPN fantasy leagues (Football only)
1-Draftkings $20 lineup (weekly)
1-Fanduel $25 lineup (weekly)
1- Weekly picks at work $1

I even started a website to show all the prices and projections each week. Draftline.net. (I stopped updating it after week 3) The market became to flooded. Plus I saw the writing on the wall with Congress trying to make new laws, just wasn't worth it.

I've made about $500 on Fanduel and about $200 on Draftkings. You end up playing against super computers. Some companies are using IBM's Watson to generate algorithms that are far too complex for me. Overall it's really fun if you're making money, chances are you won't. Just understand that with Draftkings and Fanduel you might be playing against computers that are far smarter than you.
Reply/Quote
Nope and I'm glad I don't. I think moderate to heavy gambling could affect how you root for your team. I prefer being a fan first. Fantasy is an afterthought, and I've never put money on a game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Every spring when I send Mike a check.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I've been in an office pool since early high school. Just a 5$ a week pick em league with about 20 people. It's fun, but it's hardly gambling.

I play poker if I want to gamble. Occasionally I'll do a 10 dollar or so bet on a game with a friend. I don't know, I've thought about betting more on a game--say if the spread was right and I liked my chances of winning. But I've never actually gotten involved with a bookie.

I like gambling, but I'm pretty cautious I guess--I'd never bet money I couldn't afford to lose. When I play poker I never lose more than 40$ or so when I lose, but usually win $100-200. I try to control myself I guess. I see a lot of people get way addicted to gambling in general. I can see why too, you get an adrenaline rush, for sure.
Reply/Quote
I've been playing pretty heavily on Draftkings for several years now.  I've actually done pretty well for myself.  2 years ago I got an all expense paid trip to the Bahamas and played in the Fantasy Baseball Championship down there and finished decent.  I do pretty good every Sunday.  I do pretty good with all sports usually.  My username on the site is simply "whodey"
Reply/Quote