Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone but...
Musgrave has production numbers of a mid rounder to UDFA.

A little over 600 yards and 2 TDs………. In his career? Am I seeing that right?

Please god no.
Reply/Quote
Mazi Smith, Bresee, Gibbs, Harrison.
Reply/Quote
No Kancey, Forbes, or any receiver.
Reply/Quote
Kancey is a big "no" for me too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Since we still have no idea what is happening with RT there is definitely a path for Dawand Jones to Cincy at #28 especially with both KCC and PITT sitting right behind them.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 12:46 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I think his footwork is good for his size…  of course he’s not gonna be as athletic as 300lb lineman… but that’s where the size and length come in. Take kc for example. He’d be facing primarily a bull rusher. You’re not bull rushing jones. He got by quite a bit with his size length athleticism yes, because he has traits nobody has. I’d say there are 2 elite tackles in this class. Johnson and skoronski. Dawand jones would be 1a in that 2nd tier just a smidge above wright

I should clarify I don't think he's a bad prospect. I just think he's going to be more limited in certain schemes. Most players are.
I know the Bengals shifted more to a gap scheme last year, but it seems to change about every year with Pollack (because nothing seems to work very well?), so I never know if he's going to go back more to wide zone or not. And as I said, I don't like his slow feet, although he was able to make due in college because of his excellent size and length to compensate.

Jones is going to be appealing to some teams for sure. I've seen some compare him to Orlando Brown, who the Bengals just got.

For me, it was hard to pick an "anyone but..." I wanted to pick a player at a position the Bengals might be interested in. 
I could have gone with Gibbs I guess, as I don't see him as being viable in pass protection, but I could see it possibly work if the Bengals wanted to go RBBC and have him split time with someone who can pass protect, catch, and run some.
I also listed Musgrave due to not being able to stay on the field through college.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Chase.

We need line help. Get Sewell unless you want to get burrow killed.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:45 AM)Synric Wrote: Since we still have no idea what is happening with RT there is definitely a path for Dawand Jones to Cincy at #28 especially with both KCC and PITT sitting right behind them.

I think he may be available at 60 and I don't know if I'd take him there unless there is a deal in place trading Jonah. Similar reputation to Jackson Carman. 
Reply/Quote
Please Duke no Joey Porter
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:15 AM)jj22 Wrote: Kancey is a big "no" for me too.

Now I want him even more. 
Reply/Quote
no dawand Jones, Musgrave, or Cam Smith please.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 08:09 AM)WrongVerb Wrote: No Cancey, Forbes, or any receiver.
So no to 2 of the best players in this draft?
(04-19-2023, 09:15 AM)jj22 Wrote: Kancey is a big "no" for me too.
No kancey? We’d be LUCKY to have him at 28.
(04-19-2023, 11:29 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think he may be available at 60 and I don't know if I'd take him there unless there is a deal in place trading Jonah. Similar reputation to Jackson Carman. 
Carman had work ethic and is he a tackle or guard questions. Neither of those apply to jones. Neither does the wright concerns either if we’re being honest. He weighed in at same weight he played his entire osu career with
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 05:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So no to 2 of the best players in this draft?
Carman had work ethic and is he a tackle or guard questions. Neither of those apply to jones. Neither does the wright concerns either if we’re being honest. He weighed in at same weight he played his entire osu career with

Cleveland, Pittsburg, and Baltimore's run game will flatten Kancey. He's a tweener and we already have those DE/DT type tweeners in Sample and Carter. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 05:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So no to 2 of the best players in this draft?

I just don't see the Bengals drafting a d-linemen with 30 5/8 inch arms in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 03:16 PM)RancidJedi Wrote: no dawand Jones, Musgrave, or Cam Smith please.

Why no Cam Smith? He's one of my favorite CBs in this draft class.
Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Cam Smith, Banks, DJ Turner.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 05:25 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Carman had work ethic and is he a tackle or guard questions. Neither of those apply to jones. Neither does the wright concerns either if we’re being honest. He weighed in at same weight he played his entire osu career with

Carman had/has work ethic, maturity flags. Both of those apply to Jones. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 07:31 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Carman had/has work ethic, maturity flags. Both of those apply to Jones. 

Was Dawand Jones accused of rape in college? Who is making these claims about his character?

Jones had 4 hurries, 0 QB hits, 0 sacks allowed as a senior. He showed enough after a day at the senior bowl. 

Orlando Brown had "athletic limitations." Andrew Whitworth had "poor feet." In terms of floor/ceiling, Jones is a great prospect imo. The hate is intriguing. Sign me up for Jones over another Ogbuehi/Fischer type with "typewriter feet" or the umpteenth 1st round corner. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 07:42 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Was Dawand Jones accused of rape in college? Who is making these claims about his character?

Jones had 4 hurries, 0 QB hits, 0 sacks allowed as a senior. He showed enough after a day at the senior bowl. 

Orlando Brown had "athletic limitations." Andrew Whitworth had "poor feet." In terms of floor/ceiling, Jones is a great prospect imo. The hate is intriguing. Sign me up for Jones over another Ogbuehi/Fischer type with "typewriter feet" or the umpteenth 1st round corner. 

Who said anything about rape? 

I've been following OSU message boards for the last 25 years and pay for multiple sites. It's pretty much common knowledge about Jones's work ethic around the program. I hope to be proven wrong and that he becomes and all-pro (in the NFC). 
Reply/Quote
Breese
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I would have no issue with Darnell Washington, but don't think he's a fantastic receiver. He's much more to upgrade our run game IMHO and to have a decent receiver. Keep the D guessing.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote