Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone can grown up to be President!
With a billion dollars or so.

Anyone want to say that big money isn't killing our country?

Trump is just cutting out the middle man and trying to buy an elected position on his own. If the voters in the GOP primary are still dumb enough to let him win they get what they deserve.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-willing-to-spend-1-billion-on-presidential-bid/

Quote:Real estate mogul Donald Trump certainly has enough money to pay for his presidential bid -- and he's willing to foot the whole bill, even if it costs him a billion dollars.

14 PHOTOS
2016 White House hopefuls at the Iowa State Fair
When a reporter asked Trump, just outside the Iowa State Fair grounds on Saturday, if he would throw a billion of his own money into the campaign, he answered without hesitation.

"I would do that, yeah," Trump responded. "If I had to."

And in answer to a question about his campaign's budget, Trump said that it was "irrelevant."

"You saw I make $400 million a year," Trump replied, "so what difference does it make?"

Play VIDEO
Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump hit the Iowa State Fair
Pointing to his baseball cap -- the same red "Make America Great Again" hat he's worn on numerous campaign stops -- Trump reiterated that he'd do whatever it took to "make the country great again. That's all I want to do. That's much more important."

The GOP presidential hopeful added that "we can't make it great unless we make it rich."

And never mind kissing babies -- Trump underscored just how much money he was willing to spend on voters when he wrapped up his press conference to give a children a ride in the helicopter he arrived in. It fulfilled an earlier campaign promise he reportedly made to the Daily Mail late last month.

The billionaire businessman's campaign, marked by controversial statements and offensive remarks, has gained traction in the early voting state of Iowa. A recent Suffolk University survey put him ahead of the crowded GOP field, polling at 17 percent. He trounces his closest opponent, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, by at least 5 percentage points.

Play VIDEO
Donald Trump to unveil immigration plan
Trump points to these favorable poll numbers as proof that his campaign his working just as it should.

"I don't think I've made mistakes," Trump told reporters in Iowa. "I mean, every time they say I make a mistake, they do the polls, and my numbers go up. So I guess I haven't made any mistakes."

He pointed to his statements about criminal Mexican immigrants ("the people understood it, even though the press didn't want them to") and his slam against Arizona Sen. John McCain's war hero status ("I was saying how bad he's treated the veterans") as specific examples of his untouchable popularity.

"My numbers went up," Trump said. He also asserted that veterans liked him better than McCain "because they know I'll take care of 'em."

Play VIDEO
Donald Trump says poll numbers are fueling his race
Rather than answering with specifics on policy proposals, the Republican contender for the White House instead attacked his opponents, focusing on establishment favorite former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

"He says the United States has to prove to Iraq that we have skin in the game ... I think it may be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. Skin in the game! We don't have to prove anything," Trump said. "First of all, the Iraqi officials are a bunch of crooks, if there even is an Iraq -- which I don't think there is -- Iran is taking over Iraq. It was one of the dumbest things ever."

Play VIDEO
What does Donald Trump stand for?
When asked by a reporter what he would do specifically to stop Iranians from gaining a nuclear weapon, he replied, "Well you're going to have to use very forceful action. Very, very forceful action."

Trump skipped out on giving a soapbox speech at the Des Moines Register's fair station, a traditional Iowa stop for most candidates looking to woo voters.

Continuing a feud with the state's largest newspaper after it published an unfavorable editorial on his presidential bid, Trump said: "I don't do that because that paper is not relevant to me."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Screw Donald Trump.

That's all.
Yea, but he isn't going to even win the nomination.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-16-2015, 12:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, but he isn't going to even win the nomination.

Its still wrong.  

And while its not isolated to him he is the poster boy for the problem right now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Donald Trump right now is nothing more than a lot of people sick of establishment and career politicians, and their support of "him" is those people collectively sticking their middle finger up at DC.

Very few people even know what he really stands for. He attacks other people and other positions, while offering vague solutions with no specifics.
Wait, you're mad that Donald Trump is willing to spend $1 billion of his own money but not mad that Hillary Clinton is willing to spend $1 billion to $2 billion of other peoples money?

This makes no sense.

Of course, Trump doesn't belong anywhere near the presidency but at least he's spending his own money and if he happens to win, he won't be influenced by "Special" interests, while Clinton will be held to fulfill her promises by those big "Special" interest contributers.

Oh, I forgot, one has an "R" next to their name and the other has a "D", that "D" makes it ok.

I wonder, what people would say if Trump used others money to win the presidency, mayb something like "He's such a bad person and hates woman, old people and children that he took their money to win".

That seems about right.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
I think the biggest joke of American politics may be the fact that we don't seem to consider bald men all that electable (unless you think it's some sort of accident all our presidents and the vast majority of candidates since Eisenhower have managed to avoid the more-common-than-not hair loss by age 60 or so).

Look at the Republican debate....based upon results it really looks like we put hairstyle above everything else when it comes to selecting a leader. It reminds me of those boner pill commercials; the man in those commercials always has an unrealistically full head of gray hair, because gray means he's old and experienced, right? Ida know, just saying.
(08-16-2015, 11:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: With a billion dollars or so.

Anyone want to say that big money isn't killing our country?

Trump is just cutting out the middle man and trying to buy an  elected position on his own.  If the voters in the GOP primary are still dumb enough to let him win they get what they deserve.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-willing-to-spend-1-billion-on-presidential-bid/

The only difference between Trump and the others is actually a good one.  Trump is beholden to no one.  The others are beholden to a few billionaires who are bankrolling them.  
Bernie Sanders. That is all.
(08-16-2015, 02:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The only difference between Trump and the others is actually a good one.  Trump is beholden to no one.  The others are beholden to a few billionaires who are bankrolling them.  

Not Sanders. Cool
I prefer someone else pay for my President. That way the are indebted to certain folks/ideals
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-16-2015, 02:26 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Not Sanders. Cool

Is Sanders rich too?
(08-16-2015, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I prefer someone else pay for my President. That way the are indebted to certain folks/ideals

I would prefer that a few billionaires were not able to buy the President.  That's how it is now.  Trump can't be bought.  I like that.
(08-16-2015, 02:54 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Is Sanders rich too?

Nope. His campaign is only being funded by small donations. No corporate donors allowed.
Meh...if he can sucker a bunch of simpletons into giving him the party nomination, more power to him. That would all but ensure that the democrats keep the White House for four more years though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-16-2015, 01:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think the biggest joke of American politics may be the fact that we don't seem to consider bald men all that electable (unless you think it's some sort of accident all our presidents and the vast majority of candidates since Eisenhower have managed to avoid the more-common-than-not hair loss by age 60 or so).

Look at the Republican debate....based upon results it really looks like we put hairstyle above everything else when it comes to selecting a leader.  It reminds me of those boner pill commercials; the man in those commercials always has an unrealistically full head of gray hair, because gray means he's old and experienced, right?  Ida know, just saying.

Actually, the full head of gray hair is of the highest likelihood for needing the "boner pill".
High testosterone individuals tend to bald more rapidly than low test guys.
I know there are 2 different types of test, but mathematically it is a fair generalization.
So, is The Donald and Huckabee the only high test guys on the stage ?
And.... is high test a good or bad thing in a prez ?
Confused
(08-16-2015, 03:19 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Actually, the full head of gray hair is of the highest likelihood for needing the "boner pill".
High testosterone individuals tend to bald more rapidly than low test guys.
I know there are 2 different types of test, but mathematically it is a fair generalization.
So, is The Donald and Huckabee the only high test guys on the stage ?
And.... is high test a good or bad thing in a prez ?
Confused

Are you like, a bonerologist or something?
(08-16-2015, 11:39 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump is just cutting out the middle man and trying to buy an  elected position on his own.

Yes....it's terrible that he's cutting out the middle man and using his own money....since the middle man is/are special interest and PACs.

Not a Trump fan, but I have zero problem with  him funding his campaign with his own $$$. Especially since he said he will do it so he doesn't owe any favors if elected. I like that.
I am just tired of money playing such a role in politics overall. Sickening, really.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-16-2015, 03:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you like, a bonerologist or something?

Only regarding my own.
Still interested in talking about that ?
Ninja

Anyway..... No, I just watch a large amount of documentaries.
Plus, I am 46 and like to have an idea of what could be around the corner as I age.
ThumbsUp