Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone do the DNA ancestry thing?
I did it too, I come from Belarussia and Poland for the most.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I have one question and it may be a dumb one, but when I am told what my ancestry is, what does that date back to? Has DNA been fairly consistent in Europe for a relatively long while? Or does it mean my DNA matches those currently living there?Does this question even make sense? I’m having a hard time wording it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am part Scottish, Irish, English, American Indian, Asian and Jewish.

My children also have German and French from their mothers side.
Reply/Quote
I'm a mutt.  Part Irish, German, and Danish.  Or so I've been told. 

I've always been interested in this, but have never known anyone to do the ancestry thing. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
It really doesn't matter where my ancestors came from . There's absolutely nothing I can do to alter the past of who screwed who 300 years ago ..It might be ok to know about , but it's really not going to change my plans going forward . It's not as if I can de-DNA-ize myself .. lol
Try saying de-DNA-ize four times real fast . That's the real challenge in life . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The 4% is in my pants.

Fair enough

Reply/Quote