Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else afraid???
I predicted 7-9 before preseason games, and I will have to admit, looks like I will be wrong.

Looking more like 5-11. 6-10 if they can beat Oakland.

I started a Browns fan in 1963, maybe it's time to switch back and finish what I started!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:33 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If the team was smart and did things the right way, we could do a complete rebuild in 2-3 seasons. I'm not saying we'd be playoff or Super Bowl caliber, but we could easily be in better shape with some intelligent moves. The problem is we all know who is in control so the will be a "re-tool" instead of a rebuild and drag on for 10 years or more. It's the Mike Brown way.

My fear exactly, but it’s where we are headed.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:38 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: My fear exactly, but it’s where we are headed.

With the exemplary track record of our owner/GM, that is exactly where we're headed with either Marvin Lewis or Hue Jackson leading the way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: His kids are lucky he isn't blowing all this money on practice facilities and other nonsense.  The offspring of Robert Kraft, Jerry Jones, and the Rooney family are probably going to be living in cardboard boxes thanks to all the money they wasted trying to put a better team on the field. 

Classic
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:30 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I’ve been around I’m just tired of watching a team like most of you I love dearly suck every year. We will finish last in the division and a team that took two years to win a game just beat us by 15. It’s truky sad

This team is on track to follow the Reds. I watched nearly every game through the first two years after the Reds made the playoffs, but then I stopped dedicating time to watch every game when I realized the rebuild was going to need to happen. I still watched a handful of Reds games every year over the past few years, but my dedication to that team has really declined. I'm getting to about the same point with the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 27 years in and I'm starting to think Mike Brown isn't particularly committed to winning.

Great point! Depending on the metric that is used...we are on a 27 year losing streak.

Most other franchises have won 5+ playoff games atleast over that span.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 27 years in and I'm starting to think Mike Brown isn't particularly committed to winning.

He’s pacing himself, sergeant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There is no hope in sight until Mike, Marvin, and Andy are gone. Until those 3 things happen I’m done caring.

And Hue.

Great. Another 16 years minimum with no playoff wins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:32 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Agreed. Part of why i say this team has too many needs to fill next year. Our D is dead last in the NFL and yet offensively we have many holes to fill with at least 3 o-line, WR, and argument could be made for QB. (I am not a Dalton hater or supporter...he just is what he is)

Yes, this team has A LOT of holes ...

On defense, we have a D-line that can't generate pressure, LBs who can't run, can't tackle and can't cover TE's and DB's who can't cover and can't tackle. About 3 starters are keepers.

On offense, we have an O-line that can't block and WRs who can't separate. About 4 starters are keepers.

So we've got 6 decent starters and 1 star (AJ) out of 22. That will take AT LEAST 4 years to fill ... at which time the 7 current "keepers" are (probably) too old which will take another 2 years to fill. 

So ... let's get ready for 6 more years of stinking up the joint.

And at the end of that? I'll probably be dead.
Reply/Quote
I like that they are still playing with good effort, and not quitting until the game is over. O crap I am sounding like Marvin again. Mind wash complete.
Clap, Clap, Clap, Lets go lets go.

Also we have to do it better Coach it better and do your job
Reply/Quote
You know it's coming......embrace it......Hue Jackson as HC!!!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: You know it's coming......embrace it......Hue Jackson as HC!!!!!!!

they wouldn't really do that to us would they?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 07:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I predicted 7-9 before preseason games, and I will have to admit, looks like I will be wrong.

Looking more like 5-11.  6-10 if they can beat Oakland.

I started a Browns fan in 1963, maybe it's time to switch back and finish what I started!

we before preseason you probly didn't predict half the roster on IR either.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they wouldn't really do that to us would they?

I dunno brother......rumors are already swirling.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 06:38 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: We have lost 5 of our last 6 games. The defense is in shambles. Our HC takes over the DC job and the D somehow manages to get worse.

We have a guy in waiting to take the HC role who couldn’t win a game if his life depended  on it.  

When you look at this team there are way too many posiitions to fill in next year’s draft. No good FAs will want to come here with the way things stand as they are.

I am afraid this team is about to go on a loooong stretch of consecutive losing seasons. We ARE the new Browns and the ball is in motion.

In other words, we've been Mike Browned.

Reply/Quote
I am afraid we are on the way to Atlanta.
Reply/Quote
The future of this team dosent look great. Key players like Green, Atkins and Dunlap keep getting older and some others that have been here a while seem to be bungleized. In addition we have a ton of holes on our roster that will not be addressed in free agency but with trying to strike gold with comp picks. We need to hire a GM with a clear direction and plan and so that people can be held accountable. The GM for the Browns, Dorsey is doing a good job. He drafted Mayfiled, Nick Chubb and Denzel Ward. Fired an underachieving head coach and traded Carlos Hyde so Chubb could be the clear cut number one running back. He also did an excellent job with the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
Some notes from various websites:

Hue Jackson: You wouldn’t think a guy who just came off a 3-36-1 run as a head coach would be able to find a new low, but here we are. Jackson, on to help Marvin Lewis with the Bengals defense, saw that defense get carved up by the rookie quarterback and offense he was coaching a month ago

Tear the Bengals Down: They are on a trajectory to replace the Browns as the NFL’s laughingstock. They need a new coach, a new front seven on defense, a new offensive line, and probably a new quarterback

Mike Brown’s Loyalty Must Have Its Limits: I think I’m done picking on Hue Jackson—he did it to himself with that ridiculous farewell tour, but at this point it all seems gratuitous. However, if Brown is truly considering Hue Jackson as Marvin Lewis’s heir apparent, the league office has to intervene.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 11:42 AM)lone bengal Wrote: The future of this team dosent look great. Key players like Green, Atkins and Dunlap keep getting older and some others that have been here a while seem to be bungleized. In addition we have a ton of holes on our roster that will not be addressed in free agency but with trying to strike gold with comp picks. We need to hire a GM with a clear direction and plan and so that people can be held accountable. The GM for the Browns, Dorsey is doing a good job. He drafted Mayfiled, Nick Chubb and Denzel Ward. Fired an underachieving head coach and traded Carlos Hyde so Chubb could be the clear cut number one running back. He also did an excellent job with the Chiefs.

Yep. We’re going to be last in the AFC North for the foreseeable future unless we clean house on the coaching staff, and draft a stud QB.

Reply/Quote
Honestly, 4 wins or 6-7-8 wins...does it really matter?

It's a league where most teams care about playoff wins and Super Bowls. Our owner is just happy not being 1990's bad.
Reply/Quote