Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else nervous?
The more I think about Sunday's game the more nervous I am getting. I'm not nervous for fear of losing, in fact quite the opposite. I think the Bengals are just short of a guarantee of a W with the Ravens likely playing their 3rd string QB. My fear is that if the Bengals get up early or in general the Ravens will be looking for cheap shots and to injure our players to wreck further playoff hopes. I watched last week's game a couple of times and there were blatant personal fouls that were not called and I think the Ravens are gonna push those limits Sunday night. I'm hoping the refs have a small margin for calling those and keeping the game under control, but I think the Ravens are looking to end our playoffs, regardless of the means to do that.
Reply/Quote
No
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:07 AM)sandwedge Wrote: No

Love your confidence that won't be an issue!
Reply/Quote
no more than any other game...yet

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:19 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Love your confidence that won't be an issue!

I understand how you feel. IMO, the AFCN is the hardest, most brutal division in the NFL.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can't predict the Ravens taking cheap shots, but any game could be lost. Cincy isn't the underdog anymore but I do trust the staff and the players to be ready. The bigger issue is a few mistakes could keep the game close and anything can happen. The new OT rules where both teams touch the ball could benefit the one that wins the toss. The refs could miss a few calls, anything can happen. I think though the offense looks better and pull ahead in the 2nd half for a 2 TD win.
Reply/Quote
Nerves are always appropriate in the postseason. But I am optimistically nervous. I don’t think the Ravens will be playing dirty beyond the ordinary bounds of an AFC North game. The culture of this division is unfortunate sometimes, but the Bengals are aware and answer in kind.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:04 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: The more I think about Sunday's game the more nervous I am getting. I'm not nervous for fear of losing, in fact quite the opposite. I think the Bengals are just short of a guarantee of a W with the Ravens likely playing their 3rd string QB. My fear is that if the Bengals get up early or in general the Ravens will be looking for cheap shots and to injure our players to wreck further playoff hopes. I watched last week's game a couple of times and there were blatant personal fouls that were not called and I think the Ravens are gonna push those limits Sunday night. I'm hoping the refs have a small margin for calling those and keeping the game under control, but I think the Ravens are looking to end our playoffs, regardless of the means to do that.

Nope. Whatever happens was always going to happen, based on events and circumstances. Sitting here in my chair, there's nothing i can do about events i don't know about yet. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I understand how you feel. IMO, the AFCN is the hardest, most brutal division in the NFL.

That's always been the case though.

Going back to the days when the Steelers and Ravens had dominant defenses and the key to winning the division was being physical and running the ball.

Even if we don't have top ranked teams, this has always been one of the toughest, if not the toughest, divisions in football.
Reply/Quote
I’m not worried because Joe played poor for him last week and the Ravens have no offense. I also feel like this team rises to the occasion. It wasn’t a fluke last year or rebounding from 0-2 either. Now I think the Bills is a tough one. But I think we beat them or KC 6-10 times
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I'm not, let's whoop some Raven ass!!!!!!!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
It's tough to shake the snake bitten feeling of being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
I’m always some level of nervous, even if we are playing the Little Sisters of the Poor. It’s the NFL, the guys on the other side make a lot of money to play winning football just like ours do.

That said, I don’t see Baltimore coming into Paycor and beating us even if Lamar Jackson was playing. Definitely not scared of their backup QB’s.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:42 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Nerves are always appropriate in the postseason. But I am optimistically nervous. I don’t think the Ravens will be playing dirty beyond the ordinary bounds of an AFC North game. The culture of this division is unfortunate sometimes, but the Bengals are aware and answer in kind.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. We should be favored/expected to win but like any conference game, no one should be shocked if we lose. 
Reply/Quote
Vegas dropped points back to 8.5. Why?
Reply/Quote
I always have a small fear of running zone so much. Thankfully, they're very good at it and they have good players to run it, but often, all it takes is one good WR or TE and one average to good QB to be on the same page and your entire zone defense can be a half a step away from making a stop all game long. It hasn't happened for an entire game yet, but there have been stretches where they were gashed all the way down the field and were often thisclose from making plays, especially on 3rd downs.

Basically, I'm afraid of Mike White happening to the Bengals again.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 01:18 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Vegas dropped points back to 8.5. Why?

Probably pro bettors on the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
I thought they were borderline last week. I'm probably one of the few members around here who dislike the Ravens organization/Team more than the Steelers. I don hate Steeler fans more than any other fanbase.

If I could get good odds I'd say Kyle Hamilton will do something "extra".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:59 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It's tough to shake the snake bitten feeling of being a Bengals fan.

This.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Heck yes I get nervous but then I remember that Joe Cool is the Bengals QB and roll back over and go back to sleep.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote