Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone else notice the helmet to helmet hit in Broncos-Pats?
Ninja

It was a good call and not because the guy hadn't become a runner but what I found interesting and worthy of being butthurt over was that Simms, Nantz, and the retired referee dude never brought up his if he had been a runner the hit would have been okay. Nope, they even said "once the helmet makes contact with another helmet, it's a penalty." I was like, "Oh really? That's not what you said two weeks ago."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yeah I noticed it too. Completely pissed me off.
Reply/Quote
Damn this crap is going to go on as long as the Kimo thing.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 11:42 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Damn this crap is going to go on as long as the Kimo thing.

Or until the Bengals win a Super Bowl.  So yeah.  As long as the Kimo thing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It falls under the defenseless receiver rule.

Gio didn't.

He got speared. Different rule.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Denver DB's were raping NE WR's, all day.
I couldn't count how many times they were held or hit before the ball arrived.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Denver DB's were raping NE WR's, all day.

Daawww do you have Gronkadile tears also?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:45 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Denver DB's were raping NE WR's, all day.

What ball?  It was usually laying on the ground next to Brady.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What ball?  It was usually laying on the ground next to Brady.

It seemed like he thought he was playing basketball a lot as well.  No Brady....Bounce passes do not count in the NFL.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:53 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Daawww do you have Gronkadile tears also?

Nope.
But I can work on it, if that does it for you.
I really didn't care who won, but I don't really want to see the Peyton winning and riding off into the sunset script.

(01-25-2016, 04:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What ball?  It was usually laying on the ground next to Brady.

This is true.

(01-25-2016, 04:15 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It seemed like he thought he was playing basketball a lot as well.  No Brady....Bounce passes do not count in the NFL.

I will agree that there should have been at least one Intentional Grounding penalty.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 10:09 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Ninja

It was a good call and not because the guy hadn't become a runner but what I found interesting and worthy of being butthurt over was that Simms, Nantz, and the retired referee dude never brought up his if he had been a runner the hit would have been okay. Nope, they even said "once the helmet makes contact with another helmet, it's a penalty." I was like, "Oh really? That's not what you said two weeks ago."

I just laughed when I heard it. This whole "player safety" thing is the biggest load of crap the NFL has ever tried to feed the fans. 5 identical hits in 5 identical situations and you'd be lucky if 2 of them result in the same flag/no flag, Fine/No Fine or league saying was illegal/or not illegal. They have no clue what they are doing. If it was about player safety, they'd take away the helmets and with that it would end the guys talking with their heads down and spearing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I remember one of the few hits that actually got flagged Simms was trying to say it shouldn't have been because the receiver ducked his head into the hit...

God I hate Phil Simms. He was extra stupid on Sunday. This will be the first year I'm watching the Super bowl with the TV muted. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Simms only sounds smart ,when he's not talking.
Reply/Quote