Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else notice..
That there were a lot of players on the ground today on both sides...With 2 different kickers missing easy kicks and players laying all over the place makes me think there was something about the field neither team was uses too.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yea that's a solid point, you have to adapt but it was a mess in many ways. The tie was fitting and I'm okay with being .500 next week rather than this week. I don't think enough of us realize how bad 3-5 would have been, regardless of a loss vs an NFC team.
Reply/Quote
No. But I noticed a lot of missed personal fouls on both sides. I also noticed the 2 threads about Nugent are missing. I also noticed Mike Nugent sucks and cost the team a 6th straight playoff appearance.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:53 PM)Synric Wrote: That there were a lot of players on the ground today on both sides...With 2 different kickers missing easy kicks and players laying all over the place makes me think there was something about the field neither team was uses too.

It's a natural grass soccer field....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a natural grass soccer field....

It's a hybrid grass pitch.  Natural grass with a polymer weave that is supposed to make it harder wearing and less likely to cut up when it rains.  FWIW, it's the same turf they use on rugby pitches and nobody has problems kicking on that (or infinite injuries).
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's a natural grass soccer field....

Nugent is also bad at kicking a football.  So there's that.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:08 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: It's a hybrid grass pitch.  Natural grass with a polymer weave that is supposed to make it harder wearing and less likely to cut up when it rains.  FWIW, it's the same turf they use on rugby pitches and nobody has problems kicking on that (or infinite injuries).

Thanks the thing for me wasn't about the kicks it was more to do with players falling down ALOT...Eifert fell on his ass during a simple motion. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The Wembley turf looked to be in its usual high quality condition today to me. The only thing I'd think it might be is if the grass was a bit longer than the players were used to or they didn't have the right length studs in their boots for the conditions.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:58 PM)jason Wrote: No. But I noticed  a lot of missed personal fouls on both sides. I also noticed the 2 threads about Nugent are missing. I also noticed Mike Nugent sucks and cost the team a 6th straight playoff appearance.

Lots of blame to go around, but the reality is that the Bengals were outplayed for 4 out of 5 quarters, deserved to get blown out, and were lucky to get a tie.
Reply/Quote