Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else really hyped for the draft ?
For some reason I am super hyped for the draft this year. I have a feeling the Bengals are going to make some great picks that will have an immediate impact. Thoughts ?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
To me, there are so many picks, they can't whiff on every single one.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm pumped for every draft.Next to Christmas it's the greatest time of the year.Always take my vacation on the same week for it to.
Reply/Quote
The draft is one of my favorite days of the year. I'm always pumped for it. For me it's the best reality show on television hands down. It's unpredictability is just fun to watch unfold.
Reply/Quote
I'm pumped for it because I love football and it gives me a little bit of action to hold me over.

It also gets me into a more in-depth thinking of the upcoming season evaluating which players will have the biggest impact on what teams. Even if some of the players don't end up doing much of anything, it still gets me into the mode of thinking of "he could do this" or "he could do that."

Most importantly, I love it because (hopefully) I'll see the picks that can be the last pieces to our puzzle to put our team over-the-top.

I always seem to get my hopes up on one prospect, though, and it's him-or-bust because I think he'll do more for us than any other player.

This year, it's OJ Howard because good luck trying to cover him, AJ, Eifert, and anyone else we put out there,
Reply/Quote
I'm excited because, ideally, we'll actually pick a player who will start from day 1 in the first round this year.

If we draft more depth like we have for the last...decade...I'll be pretty disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 01:23 AM)Trademark Wrote: For some reason I am super hyped for the draft this year. I have a feeling the Bengals are going to make some great picks that will have an immediate impact. Thoughts ?

This is always "my Super Bowl".  I live for this weekend.  Stretching it out to three days?  Even better. 

This is the highest selection the Bengals have had for some time, and with 11 picks overall, there is a huge opportunity to improve the roster.  As much as I hate to see Whit go, I am excited to see what an infusion of youth and speed can do for this team.  

This draft will likely be a huge indicator of our success or failure over the next 5 years...have to nail it. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am. I do hate the current setup though. I wish it was over 2 days and not the 3. No big deal though. Unfortunately, we won't have to wait that long to hear our first round pick unlike the previous several years.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 07:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm excited because, ideally, we'll actually pick a player who will start from day 1 in the first round this year.

If we draft more depth like we have for the last...decade...I'll be pretty disappointed.

I don't know what player in this draft that would be, unless it's on special teams?

I don't even think Garrett would start for the Bengals from day 1. Warren Sapp made some great points about Garrett and his lack of production a few days ago.

I just don't see a guy in this draft, especially where the Bengals are picking doing it. The Bengals are still incredibly talented and relatively young. I don't think a player form college isn't going to come in and supplant anyone on the current roster day 1 unless it's in a specialized role.

I'm still excited, none the less.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 01:23 AM)Trademark Wrote: For some reason I am super hyped for the draft this year. I have a feeling the Bengals are going to make some great picks that will have an immediate impact. Thoughts ?

I'm nervous about this draft. There isn't a consensus pick for the Bengals to go with #9.
They could go with arguably their biggest immediate need with DE but will the remaining DEs at 9 be that much better than those available at 41?
They could go WR, which could make sense given LaFell is only on a two-year deal. But there are debates about which receiver is best for the team. Williams = size. Ross = speed. Davis = route running.
They could go TE with Eifert approaching FA and being fragile.
They could go RB with Bernard recovering from injury, Hill being lackluster the past two seasons and entering a contract year, and Burkhead leaving in FA.
They could even go LB if they like what Haason Reddick has to offer and the fact both Burfict and Minter are in contract years.
They could even go OL with the departures of Whitworth and Zeitler, but the OL picks are considered underwhelming for a top 10 selection.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bill polian was on Espn this am. He was talking about the cost of the Browns trading up to 4-5 to trubisky. He said teams there would be looking for 2 1s 2s and possibly another 2-3 for them to get the first qb. I thought us getting 33 this year for going to 12 was a lot. I'd take 12, 33 and 2 next year and be giddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm nervous about this draft. There isn't a consensus pick for the Bengals to go with #9.
They could go with arguably their biggest immediate need with DE but will the remaining DEs at 9 be that much better than those available at 41?
They could go WR, which could make sense given LaFell is only on a two-year deal. But there are debates about which receiver is best for the team. Williams = size. Ross = speed. Davis = route running.
They could go TE with Eifert approaching FA and being fragile.
They could go RB with Bernard recovering from injury, Hill being lackluster the past two seasons and entering a contract year, and Burkhead leaving in FA.
They could even go LB if they like what Haason Reddick has to offer and the fact both Burfict and Minter are in contract years.
They could even go OL with the departures of Whitworth and Zeitler, but the OL picks are considered underwhelming for a top 10 selection.

Great post. Predicting the Bengals pick is so hard this year.

I think that Jamal Adams, S, LSU is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft. I think the Bengals have a legit shot at him if the go BPA.

If they go for a need, man... everything you pointed out, except Oline, is there for them. Oline this draft is super weak at the top.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 01:29 AM)Storer50 Wrote: To me, there are so many picks, they can't whiff on every single one.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

"Hold my beer"

[Image: C46ZgmOUoAA_kgt.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 09:51 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Great post. Predicting the Bengals pick is so hard this year.

I think that Jamal Adams, S, LSU is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft. I think the Bengals have a legit shot at him if the go BPA.

If they go for a need, man... everything you pointed out, except Oline, is there for them. Oline this draft is super weak at the top.

Yea, I didn't even include DB because I figured Adams and Hooker would be gone. But they are worth mentioning I guess because if either is there and selected, what do you do with the current starters at safety? I personally think it makes the most sense to have Shawn Williams be a nickel LB, but then that's essentially demoting him from being a full-time player. I doubt the Bengals do that. Therefore, it would mean Hooker or Adams would be in a limited use role.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The jets are saying they will take Adams unless someone is unexpectedly there. I think they may be trying to jack up the price for their pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Definitely looking forward to the new additions & seeing the impact they have.
Reply/Quote
The draft is probably my favorite time of the year!
Reply/Quote

I am. I have my three day draft binge all planned out, complete with snacks.  I got rid of my cable so I got SLingTV, which has the NFL Network, just so I can watch the draft. I feel really good about the first pick. I think there's going to be a trade involved, I really do.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 10:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea, I didn't even include DB because I figured Adams and Hooker would be gone. But they are worth mentioning I guess because if either is there and selected, what do you do with the current starters at safety? I personally think it makes the most sense to have Shawn Williams be a nickel LB, but then that's essentially demoting him from being a full-time player. I doubt the Bengals do that. Therefore, it would mean Hooker or Adams would be in a limited use role.

I agree. Taking a Safety would not be something that would pay off right away.

It's a weird spot for them to be in.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, very excited. We haven't picked in the top 10 in a long time which is a good thing as Marv would say.

Seriously though, so many ways we can go at 9 or even trading down that would make me happy this year.

Would be really great if a great player like Fournette or Johnathan Allen fell to us and we grabbed one of them up.
Reply/Quote